Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legend Of Mir 2 Beta Starting 29/04/2009 F2P

evansuk2000evansuk2000 Member Posts: 5

Legend Of Mir 2 Beta Starting 29/04/2009 F2P

Closed beta has just been and gone...game is looking good - lots of support, active members!!

The community is amazing, as is the PK system, refining, gemming, levelling, guild or solo hunts. If you want to try it out register on the website - http://mir2.gamepotusa.com/

The forum has also just opened.

Thanks!

Comments

• bmdevinebmdevine Member Posts: 429

Have you played this one yet?  I'm curious to know how the in game graphics compare with the trailer footage.  The movement in the trailer seems a bit reminiscent of some of the three kingdoms games I used to play.  If that type of fighting could really be integrated well into an MMO, I'd be interested to see how it turns out.

I guess I'll go and read up some more on it to see.

• evansuk2000evansuk2000 Member Posts: 5

the graphics are to be honest somewhat dated, and simplistic, but I prefer it over the likes of WOW myself. It does the job and does it well. I have played the closed beta, and also the earlier version, the fighting is seriously awesome, PK body drops etc. You can really be quite evil if you wish, using a paralysis ring to ambush unsuspecting prey special repairing their weps etc. Its class when you get into it.

• ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941

well i just started on the LoM3 one. Graphics also look dated (of course it is a 7yr old old game and LoM2 is 3yrs older).

Both these games have recently closed in EU (were being run by gamenetwork) who at the end of march closed all of their online games (LoM2, Lom3 and MoS-Myth of Soma). MoS was crap though.

LoM2 was my very first online game i ever played (notified and asked to download it for a friend, after he saw it on GN's sky channel (which ceased broadcasting several yrs back). They were good back then, but i think LoM2 would be too dated now. Both i have to say were fun to play, and still could be fun to play (more than some of this latest drobble we have unfortunatly seen come out). LoM3 is ok'ish to view but i wouldnt go any lower.

• bmdevinebmdevine Member Posts: 429

So is this a localization of the LoM2 that you guys played before, or is it a new game?  I'm confused.

• evansuk2000evansuk2000 Member Posts: 5

LOM2 euro (the one that has recently closed) was run really badly, This one is an up to date version - pretty much inline with the hugely successful korean one, and it looks like its got a lot of backing. Its an official version that has been taken over by a Japenese company gamepot. Its a new game as in starting from scratch and much more up to date with wemades release, All the ex euro mir players are hugely impressed

i went to the web addy, and that video was damn slow and jerky 1st time round. Reminds me of when i had a 512k connection and not a 10mb one. Worries me how laggy the actual server(s) would be?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

That video looked good but it was nothing more than a scripted video.The best game video i have ever watched was of MU online and we all know how cheap that game is once you actually play it.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• evansukevansuk Member Posts: 5

closed beta ran pretty fine, no lag, the site is a temp site for now, just to get the closed beta up and runnng. Servers based in the states, and im in UK, but like I said hardly any lag when i played

Well they must have fecked up the game then because its laggy (constant warp back to a previous location 2-4 steps away) and you can get caught in a loup with this too. Drops from what little monsters there are in an area (i say little because there must be 10 mobs on each respawn with 400 people trying to get them) everything in an entire area is dead in just seconds (apart from the sub boss's).

Drops from monsters is rare, oh very very rare, you may be lucky and get 11-23gold drop once in a blue moon. All told its completly boring. They have changed the skill book levels too. Any old players would know the skill book levels, well double those levels and you then get the levels before you can learn them.

Right now the issue's i have mainly are no mobs (or lack of) doesnt matter if there are 400 players or 4 players, your still lucky to actually find somethign to kill. Lagg and warp backs and lack of any drops happening at all. Would i play this, only when there is nothing else and not for long, would i pay/buy anything from teh shop - not a ruddy chance 110% sure of that.

LoM3 - looks like i will be going there, provided they fix the bugs and other game issue's first, if not i will not bother and just live with the old memories, when both of these games (as it seems right now) were much better and playable. Always though the older the game the better and fewer problems, but this seems to have deteriorated bigtime.

• dragon1613dragon1613 Member Posts: 125

nvm.

Dragon1613 says:asdfasdfafsdfw111111123123123213

-server-Dragon1613 has died