Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP in LOTR? Whats it like?

So I see there is pvp in lotro, whats it like?

Any good?

Comments

• Theos244Theos244 Member Posts: 33

from what i have experienced with it...which isnt a lot...its not that great....not balanced at all...kinda fun just to be able to battle it out....but its just an open world region pvp zone...so if theres bunches of people...sure its ok...entertaining...but theres no in depth system or purpose that i can see...

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

PvP in LotrO is... well different :)

Its not balanced, its not fair, its not competetive.

But it can be alot of fun! It usually is about lage scale battles taking keeps from eachother. Sometimes its boring and sometimes its alot of fun when both sides have alot of people on.

I dont play as a Creep but i know alot of people really enjoy it and its a great thing that you can create a lvl 60 Creep after just reaching lvl 10 on your normal character. Which meens that you dont have to wait long before you can PvP.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• logangregorlogangregor Member Posts: 1,524

Interesting to know.

Just another bored mmogamer here looking for something new.

• neodavieneodavie Member Posts: 278

It sounds like you pretty much got your question answered, but here's what I'll say.

There aren't two sides in LOTRO like in some other MMO's, there's only the side of good. At a certain level (10 I think but don't quote me on that) you unlock the ability to play as one of Saurmon's (sp?) minions. Then you can engage in "Monster battle" which is pretty much a capture and control scenario. I'm a little on the fence as to whether or not I thought it was fun, but I didn't really play it that much either. Here's what I will say, if you're invested in the realm of Lord of the Rings then you'll probably find it fun, if you're a person that's invested in PVP then you're probably better off with DAOC or maybe WAR. LOTRO is much more PVE-centric from what I've seen.

Originally posted by GTwander:

How are you an MMO? Or any of us for that matter?

I say we strike all users from the site for not being MMOs.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Its blanced, its just the creeps (Monsters) need to quest, or PvP up to get some traits before being anykind of efective other than  four on one.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• arebareb Member Posts: 144

PvP in Lotro is underrated but as people pointed out, it does have it's problem.  When Moria was released the balance was heavily in favour of the freeps.  After Book 7 it has shifted to the creeps.  I recommend going to the Moors after you have reached level 60, mastered your class, and have him well geared.  Everyone needs to try a full 24-man Ettenmoors raid!  Also I recommend advancing a monster player to at least rank 3 or 4.  It's quite unique and rewarding.

• logangregorlogangregor Member Posts: 1,524

Do the monsters have any less abilities than a normal lvl 60?

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

If the game had collision detection i'd love it

but for the most part it feels pretty bland, and purposely unbalanced

• britzbanbritzban Member UncommonPosts: 260

As stated, Lord of the Rings Online is PVE based so the PVP really is not much.  I remember dueling someone and they were ten levels below me and I got completey owned so with that being said, its insanely unbalanced.   Lord of the Rings is probably the best PVE mmorpg I have played so I can not knock it as being a bad game but absolutely do not play this for PVP.  There is plenty of other games for PVP.

Originally posted by logangregor

Do the monsters have any less abilities than a normal lvl 60?

If you meen a free people (hobbits and such) , no, not really. However monser progression in power is not like freeps. But they still get abilitys, traits,items, quests, tribes (guilds), and cosmetic options.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

Originally posted by britzban

As stated, Lord of the Rings Online is PVE based so the PVP really is not much.  I remember dueling someone and they were ten levels below me and I got completey owned so with that being said, its insanely unbalanced.

YESSSSsssss..... It must be unblanced, could not be any other factors at all. Must be.

----------

How are you?" -Me