Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Hunt for Gollum

ZindaihasZindaihas Member UncommonPosts: 3,662

Has anyone heard about this new movie?  It's a 40-minute prequel to The Lord of the Rings and it's set to be released online May 3rd.  It was made by fans who all volunteered their time.  There's some controversy associated with it as it's obviously based on the Rings trilogy, but is a completely new story, which may mean some copyright violations.  There's nothing wrong with writing a story based on an exisiting story, but making a movie may be another matter.

Here is an article and a trailer about the movie:

Hunt for Gollum

trailer

Comments

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

Interesting.

However some of their choices bother me. Stuff like opening the movie with a female elf speaking elvish in a haunting way, Aragorn sitting in the corner of the Prancing Pony just like in The Fellowship of the Ring, and a few other things I spotted. Obviously they have some amazingly talented individuals involved, and yet they apparently have very little "artistic vision" in the sense that they don't seem capable of coming at this from a different angle. People that write FanFic are too closed-minded.

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

SPOILER ALERT !!!!!

The search is unsuccessful until a slacker hobbit engages some dude in a cavern in a riddle game.......

• LeKinKLeKinK Member Posts: 899

Tolkien already made a book about frodon father and golum.. I remember reading that a long time ago.

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

Damn't guys. You are making me look like such a dork here.

You're talking about The Hobbit, which takes place well before Lord of the Rings.

These events happened right before the Lord of the Rings story, or rather in the years after Bilbo leaves the Shire and before Gandalf returns to send Frodo on his way.

Oh, and Bilbo was Frodo's Uncle, not his father. Duh.

Now I must log-off because I see light appearing through the crack under the door at the top of the basement steps. That can only mean it is daybreak and Mom is making her super-awesome pancakes in the shapes of my favorite X-Men. I like to make them do battle with syrup for blood before I eat them. Mom says I'm so creative for my age.

Vanya Sulie! (That means Goodbye in Elvish, or to be precise it means: "Fair Winds")

• DiorenDioren Member Posts: 39

Basically, the events will take place after The Hobbit but before The Fellowship of the Ring.

Aragorn is called away from wandering in the wilderness to hunt down Gollum. It's mentioned somewhere, either in The Fellowship or Tha Appendices i forget which. He eventually finds Gollum and brings him back to Thranduils (Legolas's father and king of Mirkwood) Halls. Gollum later escapes but is captured by a band of orcs and then tortured into giving away Bilbo's and his location. Which leads to the events of The Fellowship.

I think that's how it should go.

It's going to be great.

The problem is, the Hobbit movie might cover these events also, as it's been stated that the events that will take place in the 2 Hobbit movies will be more than just what's in the book. So basically, it would tie in with the original movies. We'll see.

I'm just glad there's content like this being created.

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356
    Originally posted by Laserwolf

Damn't guys. You are making me look like such a dork here.
    You're talking about The Hobbit, which takes place well before Lord of the Rings.
    These events happened right before the Lord of the Rings story, or rather in the years after Bilbo leaves the Shire and before Gandalf returns to send Frodo on his way.
    Oh, and Bilbo was Frodo's Uncle, not his father. Duh.
    Now I must log-off because I see light appearing through the crack under the door at the top of the basement steps. That can only mean it is daybreak and Mom is making her super-awesome pancakes in the shapes of my favorite X-Men. I like to make them do battle with syrup for blood before I eat them. Mom says I'm so creative for my age.
    Vanya Sulie! (That means Goodbye in Elvish, or to be precise it means: "Fair Winds")

Okay, just a bit more clarification here.......

Bilbo's real name was Dildo, and Frodo's was Frito.

Dildo was both Frito's father and uncle, having married his sister, who was Frito's mother. Families inter-married alot in the Stye back then, after all, if she wasn't good enough to marry into her own family, what other family would have her? that's why family reunions were so large, and common, it was the ideal way to meet girls.

Goodgulf (aka Gandalf) was not much of a wise wizard, he chose Moxie and Pepsi to accompany Frito as part of the fellowship.

Tom Bombadil was a drug addict, known around Middle earth as Tom Benzadrine. His wife was a pot head.

For more of the truth behind the story, and by that I mean The True Story, please refer to Harvard Lampoon's book titled "Bored of the Rings".

EDIT: And the elves always said "vanya sulie" after they farted.