Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BioWare MMO FACT: NOT A RUMOR!!!

Comments

• TeiraaTeiraa Member UncommonPosts: 447
    Originally posted by WisebutCruel

Originally posted by Teiraa

Originally posted by Neverknow

Yes, because LA has no other viable IPS than Star Wars. Your logic is fallible, at best.

Huh??

From this statement

Strive to help make a competitive MMO.

I concluded that

LA is working on a MMO

Why is that fallible logic?

I believe his point was LA does indeed have many more viable IPs than just Star Wars which would make for competitive mmos. Just because Star Wars is their favourite to "whore out", as it were, does not mean it is the only IP they could work with.

That statement is correct, but Neverknow didn't say that. Rather (s)he singled out my post and said my logic is fallible, while my statement is obviously perfectly right. 

• xenoclixxenoclix Member UncommonPosts: 298

I can sleep happy now that i know a SW MMO is on its way that i can start with everyone at the same time on brand new adventures - wasnt there around the SWG time (was only a younging without a credit card :P).

So what happends to SWG by any chance, seeing that Kotor is taking over as a mmo? I don't know what happends to MMOs when another of exacly the same game comes into play? Curious :D? cheers!

..PS...nearly cryed when i sore the announcment and i dont usually cry hahahah. Awesome stuff, finally a good sci fi mmo that is worth playing...enough of fantasy elves and goblins!

• WisebutCruelWisebutCruel Member Posts: 1,089
    Originally posted by xenoclix

I can sleep happy now that i know a SW MMO is on its way that i can start with everyone at the same time on brand new adventures - wasnt there around the SWG time (was only a younging without a credit card :P).

So what happends to SWG by any chance, seeing that Kotor is taking over as a mmo? I don't know what happends to MMOs when another of exacly the same game comes into play? Curious :D? cheers!

..PS...nearly cryed when i sore the announcment and i dont usually cry hahahah. Awesome stuff, finally a good sci fi mmo that is worth playing...enough of fantasy elves and goblins!

Don't know much about Star Wars period, or you wouldn't say SWG and KotOR were the exact same game.

Different times, different characters, different everything. The only similarities are lightsabres.:P

So to answer your question, nothing happens to SWG.

• Howler54Howler54 Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Originally posted by WisebutCruel

Originally posted by xenoclix

Don't know much about Star Wars period, or you wouldn't say SWG and KotOR were the exact same game.

Different times, different characters, different everything. The only similarities are lightsabres.:P

So to answer your question, nothing happens to SWG.

Yah, KOTOR takes place roughly 4000 years before A new hope, so things are a lot different.

But I actually like the KOTOR atmosphere better than the SWG era.

Can't wait !

• EdmondeEdmonde Member Posts: 97

Well if it has been confirmed like many has said...then why doesn't MMORPG.com list it under the category Under Development ? ? ?

We have enough Youth, How about a Fountain of Intelligence?

• poporypopory Member Posts: 19

Knights of the Old Republic -- will be revealed to the press October 21.

LucasArts' and BioWare's long-awaited, much-discussed joint development project -- widely speculated to be an MMO set in the Star Wars universe circa BioWare's own Knights of the Old Republic -- will be revealed to the press October 21, according to an invitation sent out to media outlets including Gamasutra.

It is likely that the official announcement will come shortly after the October 21 press reveal held at LucasArts' San Francisco offices; events of this nature are frequently subject to a media embargo.

The postcard, which proclaims "The wait is over" and promises "the official unveiling of the game that's been rumored about for years," makes no explicit reference to Star Wars. It is branded with the LucasArts and BioWare logos and depicts floating robots and hooded figures in futuristic interior locations reminiscent of the sci-fi franchise.

The alleged existence of a KOTOR-themed MMO is considered one of the industry's worst-kept secrets, with BioWare parent Electronic Arts' CEO John Riccitiello essentially confirming the title's existence.

Riccitiello called the BioWare/LucasArts effort "quite possibly the most anticipated game, full stop, for the industry," before acknowledging it as a KOTOR MMO.

Development of the joint project is being handled at BioWare's Austin studio, created specifically for MMO development.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=20532

I can't wait for HKO!

• EdmondeEdmonde Member Posts: 97

Well then it looks like october 21st is when it will appear on the Under Development list...cool thanks for the info

We have enough Youth, How about a Fountain of Intelligence?

• HanselHansel Member Posts: 2

Ever since I started hearing rumors of a new Star Wars MMO title I've been excited. SWG could have been such a great game but it fell short. Having the new MMO set in the Old Republic timeline would be a great idea since we have only scratched the surface of the history of the SW universe. An MMO in this time of the SW history would allow the developers more room to grow the story-line which I think was one of the many problems with the SWG title.

Here's hoping that Bioware/LA can put together a title that makes people forget Sony's SW title.

• apaccaapacca Member Posts: 10

October 21 at 2pm full press release woot!!!!

• Exar_KunExar_Kun Member Posts: 242
    Originally posted by apacca

October 21 at 2pm full press release woot!!!!

Man I know it's a real long shot....but this really needs to be a Sandbox game. At the very least have Sandbox Elements. (Player Housing, Open World, No Levels) Until they say otherwise I can hope!

The real key to MMO market domination is to make a game with the best Elements of WoW and a Pre-CU SWG. This would really be next gen. I would say almost 85% of the player base likes one form of gameplay or the other....if not both!

• apaccaapacca Member Posts: 10

Oh im with you but you lost me at levels lol ??? I hope they have something om the lines of the ole star wars galexies force ranking system !!!!! plus who need a house when u have a saber just cut and gut any nerbye taun taun or lightside jedi!!!

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Originally posted by Exar_Kun
    Man I know it's a real long shot....but this really needs to be a Sandbox game. At the very least have Sandbox Elements. (Player Housing, Open World, No Levels) Until they say otherwise I can hope!
    The real key to MMO market domination is to make a game with the best Elements of WoW and a Pre-CU SWG. This would really be next gen. I would say almost 85% of the player base likes one form of gameplay or the other....if not both!

Regarding all "leaks" we had, it should not be sandbox even the opposite as it will be story driven.

About housing my guess is there won't be. But as your ship will be customizable it would be your house.

Also pretty sure it will have levels.

Not really sure about open world due to story driven system as the designers have to keep the player focused.

That's all guesses but well at least it keeps bioware devs entertained ;)

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Ladies and Gents, I think it is fair to say that I'm simply excited at the prospect of having an MMORPG I'm finally truly interested in, developed by a company I trust above all.  For a long damn time now, I've speculated to the best of my informed ability through searching for every bit of hard and circumstantial evidence.

It's been a pretty damn long time but now it seems we're finally getting our answers... and I'm confident I will be very happy with the results no matter what.

Cheers to everyone who's helped support this thread and all who eagerly await the truth!

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• poporypopory Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by DeaconX

Ladies and Gents, I think it is fair to say that I'm simply excited at the prospect of having an MMORPG I'm finally truly interested in, developed by a company I trust above all.  For a long damn time now, I've speculated to the best of my informed ability through searching for every bit of hard and circumstantial evidence.
    It's been a pretty damn long time but now it seems we're finally getting our answers... and I'm confident I will be very happy with the results no matter what.
    Cheers to everyone who's helped support this thread and all who eagerly await the truth!

Your information and guidance were our only hope in this dark times when the Empire of WoW rules MMO world. Though some of us were fallen to the dark side of despair or lost their hope, but you always showed us a way of light and hope. It was great pleasure to read any positive news in this thread.

I was also very impressed with your passion and ability in searching for the evidence. I think you deserve to get a beta tester ticket. Bioware should know your contribution to their MMO game!

I can't fully describe how much I thank you for this thread.

Good job, DeeconX!!

I can't wait for HKO!

Originally posted by popory

Your information and guidance were our only hope in this dark times when the Empire of WoW rules MMO world. Though some of us were fallen to the dark side of despair or lost their hope, but you always showed us a way of light and hope. It was great pleasure to read any positive news in this thread.

I was also very impressed with your passion and ability in searching for the evidence. I think you deserve to get a beta tester ticket. Bioware should know your contribution to their MMO game!

I can't fully describe how much I thank you for this thread.

Good job, DeeconX!!

Aw mate thanks :) sincerely, thank you.  Hey I'm no suit, I'm just a gamer and a fan like many of the people here - that's why I do this, because I know we all care and I wanted all of us to have a place to discuss and band together.  So, thanks so much for reading but I of course can't take all the credit, a lot of people have helped this thread out so they deserve recognition as well.

Cheers to all of us and let's hope we get the game/online home we're all waiting for

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

I still think this should be moved from the rumor room. Maybe once we get SWtOR forums it can be stickied.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

OCTOBER 21, 2008, Historical day of...

http://www.swtor.com/index.php

I just had to finalize it  The circle is now complete...

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

Hey DeaconX, I'm not sure if anyone has said this, but thanks. You've put up with a ton of shit from the trolls, but you've kept this community pretty much in the loop.

Thanks Dude.

Originally posted by star.buck

Hey DeaconX, I'm not sure if anyone has said this, but thanks. You've put up with a ton of shit from the trolls, but you've kept this community pretty much in the loop.
    Thanks Dude.

To all of us believers

Head on over to http://www.swtor.com/community/ and join the discussions!  I'm DeaconX there as well :) so feel free to 'Friend' me!

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

Originally posted by star.buck

Thanks Dude.

To all of us believers

Head on over to http://www.swtor.com/community/ and join the discussions!  I'm DeaconX there as well :) so feel free to 'Friend' me!

I already have ;) I'm Veraiya, and I most definitely will friend you!

Again, many thanks!

Seriously, why i this thread STILL in the RUMOR ROOM... pretty sure it's been confirmed hehe...

• jokergulfjokergulf Member Posts: 71

So half a year later with no responses you raise it from the dead -.-

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Originally posted by jokergulf

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• WisebutCruelWisebutCruel Member Posts: 1,089
    Originally posted by tillamook

Originally posted by jokergulf

What the hell is "Cuse" and a "Strom Trooper"?

Illiteracy ruins good humor.

• skipp78skipp78 Member Posts: 3

Seriously, why i this thread STILL in the RUMOR ROOM... pretty sure it's been confirmed hehe...

No kidding