Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

best game ever

How many games would I have to play to be able to make that statement? probably 100.000.

So, its a useless statement. Yet powerful on an internet forum, as its what people read and see.

Just a kick in the balls to the opposite post thats out there.

Have only played for a few hours. Started the mmo genre with AO, have tried at least 10. This is a breath of fresh air, and Im having a good time so far.

On the internet, apparantly, thats all I need to have done, to be able to make statements like the above.

If you have any degree in anything whatso ever, the internet is a very frustration and unintelligable place. Kids try arguments againts lawers, and /fail. but who cares.

Im a troll. game is still good. Try it.

Cheers

Cyd

Comments

• geldonyetichgeldonyetich Member Posts: 1,340

The 'worst game ever' post is actually a joke, if you bothered to read it.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

The game isn't perfect, none are really

but I agree it's alot better and different from the trash we've been getting on the market lately

• TammzinTammzin Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by Cydone

How many games would I have to play to be able to make that statement? probably 100.000.
    So, its a useless statement. Yet powerful on an internet forum, as its what people read and see.

Have only played for a few hours. Started the mmo genre with AO, have tried at least 10. This is a breath of fresh air, and Im having a good time so far.

On the internet, apparantly, thats all I need to have done, to be able to make statements like the above.
    If you have any degree in anything whatso ever, the internet is a very frustration and unintelligable place. Kids try arguments againts lawers, and /fail. but who cares.
    Cheers

Cyd

hehe I agree with this sentiment! And I love the game too

• goemoegoemoe Member UncommonPosts: 272

It's an average game with good enough grafics and the worst combat system ever. Not worth any money...

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659

Hm, a successful launch of another game really brings out the worst in people.

--
    Delanor

• paulrgodpaulrgod Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Originally posted by goemoe

It's an average game with good enough grafics and the worst combat system ever. Not worth any money...

It cracks me up when people come here to knock spellborn - especially on Spellborns combat System, yes they know it's different but they dont understand why... Spellborn is one of those games that when people are knocking it you can tell instantly wether they've played it or not.  I pity these people... For years we've been crying out for something dfferent to come along, and now it's here all they can do is pointlessly bash it because they dont understand it, theyre afraid to adapt, to change.

Why is the combat system the worst ever?  Please expand your comments a little so we can believe you've actually even tried it.

A lot of the people ripping the combat system dont understand how it works, they think the skilldeck is limiting?  How so when you can get to any one of (Upto) 30 skills in a matter of seconds with no interface clutter?  Do they know about the buffs/debuff system in place?  The combo's?  The way Skills interact?  The active Dodging?  How Sigils work?

Spellborn IS the most amazing MMO i've played. ever...  Yes it has bugs, Yes there's a shortage of End Game stuff, Yes there's not enough Instances/Dungeons etc .... but when i look past all these things and think about the things i do like i see what a base there is to build upon, all these things mean nothing - This game could 'potentially' be the one to change things in the stale MMO market forever.

Love the art - The style, graphics, performance - all amazing, runs silky smooth at 1920x1080, 24x AA, 16 x AF.

Love the sound - The music is just stunning, never gets repetitive and the soundscapes are really immersive.  Also each skill has an instantly recognisable sound.

Love the immersion - The sound, graphics, lore & atmosphere all combined make this the most immersive online experience i've ever had.

Love the lore - The quests are incredibly well written, I love to read every single one of them.  The lore is entertaining, funny and extremely immersive.  Theres lots to be discovered and it all has a real sense of mystery.

Love the combat system  - Its complex, calculated, strategic and completely customisable.

Love the community - One of the best MMO communities ive ever had the pleasure of playing amongst (on the EU International PVP server)

Atomo

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

The combat system in TCoS is one of the best anywhere.  It's more realistic than any mmo I have tried.   This game is not easy at the start but actually gets easier as you go (as you learn the combat style and setting up the skill deck).  I too feel the immersion is very good and the npc's have a realistic AI system and interaction.  This is not a game for those who like auto targeting and just standing in one place and fighting. 

• iZakaroNiZakaroN Member UncommonPosts: 719
    Originally posted by geldonyetich

The 'worst game ever' post is actually a joke, if you bothered to read it.

Maybe its because the previous post "worst game ever".

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
    ______\m/_____
    LordOfDarkDesire
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Originally posted by Cydone

Cheers

Cyd

The OP's post of the 'worst game ever' thread was actually a review on the time he played the game with actual information about the game and explains what he didnt like about it. The greatly exaggerated title doesnt change this.

'Game is good. Try it.' Is definately not a review.

I really dont see how this post is a kick in the balls of the other thread.

• CortechsCortechs Member Posts: 40
    Originally posted by paulrgod

It cracks me up when people come here to knock spellborn - especially on Spellborns combat System, yes they know it's different but they dont understand why... Spellborn is one of those games that when people are knocking it you can tell instantly wether they've played it or not.

Heh, yes I agree completely.  The combat system is excellent.

Here we have a combat system that incorporates the following:

• More control for the player instead of by server rolls of the dice
    • Customizable ATs, customizable skills within those ATs, customizable stats, and all while not restricting the player to a certain canned "look" based on that AT.
    • Interactive and tactical abilities (backflips that actually take you out of melee range, self ports, enemy ports, etc)
    • Fun and strategic "state" system for combat that can change depending on how your opponent is fighting

Sadly, most players will simply not even give it a chance.  They would rather stay with the old formula in almost every mainstream MMO where blocking and dodging are based on stats and dice rolls instead of actually being able to incorporate it into a fighting style.

In fact, that is what I really like about the combat system.  It fully allows you to create your own combat style which is going to be different from another player how chose the same AT and the same subclass.

I believe word of mouth will be very beneficial for this game.  Sure, some players are 100% achievers who have been conditioned by the industry to only feel achievement through loot.  It's too bad really, cause they are the same players who complain about how stagnant the industry is and how they want something more.

I watched one of the YouTube videos explaining how to dodge/aim etc.  It is completely true where the narrator states that in most MMOs the character would simply walk up to a mob and stand there banging buttons.  The combat system in TCoS is comepletely different.  If you stand in one place and button mash you will only be working at like 30% effectiveness.

My current style involves so much more than any of my classes in other MMOs has offered.  And yes, I love the way the skill deck is designed and that I don't need 15x the number of hotkeys as I do in other games, all the while creating a far more interactive and fluid combat experience.

Is the game perfect?  Heh, of course not.  It has things in common with WoW, WAR, etc, and those things are very closely matched.  The things this game does differently is miles ahead of comparable systems in WAR/WoW in my opinion.

• AganazerAganazer Member Posts: 1,319

Well said Cortechs! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Unfortunately most of the people I try to recommend this game to are too quick to judge the game. They end up making incorrect assumptions like "its too hard to solo" or "combat is slow". They seem to have already made up thier minds and won't even listen if I tell them otherwise.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Cortechs

Originally posted by paulrgod

It cracks me up when people come here to knock spellborn - especially on Spellborns combat System, yes they know it's different but they dont understand why... Spellborn is one of those games that when people are knocking it you can tell instantly wether they've played it or not.

Heh, yes I agree completely.  The combat system is excellent.

Here we have a combat system that incorporates the following:

• More control for the player instead of by server rolls of the dice
    • Customizable ATs, customizable skills within those ATs, customizable stats, and all while not restricting the player to a certain canned "look" based on that AT.
    • Interactive and tactical abilities (backflips that actually take you out of melee range, self ports, enemy ports, etc)
    • Fun and strategic "state" system for combat that can change depending on how your opponent is fighting

Sadly, most players will simply not even give it a chance.  They would rather stay with the old formula in almost every mainstream MMO where blocking and dodging are based on stats and dice rolls instead of actually being able to incorporate it into a fighting style.

In fact, that is what I really like about the combat system.  It fully allows you to create your own combat style which is going to be different from another player how chose the same AT and the same subclass.

I believe word of mouth will be very beneficial for this game.  Sure, some players are 100% achievers who have been conditioned by the industry to only feel achievement through loot.  It's too bad really, cause they are the same players who complain about how stagnant the industry is and how they want something more.

I watched one of the YouTube videos explaining how to dodge/aim etc.  It is completely true where the narrator states that in most MMOs the character would simply walk up to a mob and stand there banging buttons.  The combat system in TCoS is comepletely different.  If you stand in one place and button mash you will only be working at like 30% effectiveness.

My current style involves so much more than any of my classes in other MMOs has offered.  And yes, I love the way the skill deck is designed and that I don't need 15x the number of hotkeys as I do in other games, all the while creating a far more interactive and fluid combat experience.

Is the game perfect?  Heh, of course not.  It has things in common with WoW, WAR, etc, and those things are very closely matched.  The things this game does differently is miles ahead of comparable systems in WAR/WoW in my opinion.

Excellent post, I agree.

• CablespiderCablespider Member UncommonPosts: 272

I'm spoiled now. Enjoying another MMO is going to be difficult unless it has this style of combat.

• Brone87Brone87 Member Posts: 244
    Originally posted by Cablespider

I'm spoiled now. Enjoying another MMO is going to be difficult unless it has this style of combat.

Completely agree! Dice Rolling and auto targeting shall forever be banned from my future of MMO gaming!

• Cerebus59Cerebus59 Member Posts: 28
    Originally posted by Brone87

Completely agree! Dice Rolling and auto targeting shall forever be banned from my future of MMO gaming!

Me, too! All other MMOs now seem to be too 'easy' when it comes to combat by comparison.

This game really is the next step in MMO development.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

The sound makes me feel like in a great single-player RPG.

This combat system is the most innovative feature in MMOs since Guild Wars skill system.

I am not one of those that feel good one-hitting others because of my gear supremacy.

Graphics are just fine, not a new standard or anything, but has a nice balance of quality and balance, sometimes perfection relies on simplicity.

This is a MMORPG that has set a new border line on how far a MMORPG can go near the FPS competitivity. And RPG and FPS are pretty anthagonic, if you give power for the persistent characters in the form of gear or levels, you relatively take away the competitivity.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Cerebus59

Originally posted by Brone87

Me, too! All other MMOs now seem to be too 'easy' when it comes to combat by comparison.

This game really is the next step in MMO development.

Yeah, I know. Other new game like Aion or whatever just seem a big step back now.. I was looking at Champions today and couldnt get past the click target and hotbar set up... Just looks horrid to me now. The only game I would endure a auto target/ hotbar game for now is classic EQ, but thats for deeper reasons then the control system and we know that will never happen.

Once I have played through to L50, I think I will be playing JGE for a while until they get more content in. At least that isnt more of the old same click on mob and click on hotbar until coma is induced like other mmorpgs.

• AganazerAganazer Member Posts: 1,319
    Originally posted by vesavius

Yeah, I know. Other new game like Aion or whatever just seem a big step back now.. I was looking at Champions today and couldnt get past the click target and hotbar set up... Just looks horrid to me now. The only game I would endure a auto target/ hotbar game for now is classic EQ, but thats for deeper reasons then the control system and we know that will never happen.
    Once I have played through to L50, I think I will be playing JGE for a while until they get more content in. At least that isnt more of the old same click on mob and click on hotbar until coma is induced like other mmorpgs.

I was so excited about Champions. The combat is actually pretty good for what it is. Its fast and there are loads of options about what abilities you use. The game has plenty of problems, but the combat is one of the better things about it.

You're not going to try Fallen Earth? The combat mechanics looks like it will be unique and require some player skill. The crafting system looks great.

• MastermartzMastermartz Member Posts: 255
    Originally posted by Delanor

Hm, a successful launch of another game really brings out the worst in people.

So so true....been to hawksmouth zone chat lately? All they do is complain.

• jybgessjybgess Member Posts: 355

Jesus is a zombie