Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WoW on iPhone

SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

Here we go! It doesen't look as fluid and effective as gaming on PC, but for little stuff like checking the AH, sending mail or maybe even crafting... why not.

The movie looks real enough but there still isn't any real confirmation or announcment, but I like the idea. It gives a whole new meaning to the term, WoW can run on anything.

here's the link to the article:  kotaku.com/5228209/warcraft-on-an-iphone-but-is-it-coming-to-yours

Comments

• Daedalus732Daedalus732 Member Posts: 589

Might be good for checking the AH and maybe crafting. Perhaps some social interaction as well.

Not much beyond that though. It's at least somewhat innovative.

• Bakkoda24Bakkoda24 Member UncommonPosts: 257

Obviously it's not a means to do anything major on WoW like raid, PvP, or even leave town. They'll have to release a new version of the iPhone with some modifications so that you can at least get a bearable framerate. But this is just Blizzard trying to take that much more of your life away from you. Surely you can put this on Twitter "playing WoW on my phonez!".

• oronisioronisi Member Posts: 284

I hate WoW but that is friggin awesome.

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

An intriguing idea. Perhaps an interface for Ah buying and selling. However, even crafting would not be too much to put on a platform like iphone

• ounumenounumen Member Posts: 129

Looks like the recession will be lasting a lot longer now. Productivity just went to zero.

"Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness". No one can stop anyone from pursuing happiness, but life and liberty are said to only exist if they are deliberately sought and paid for".

• ObzerverObzerver Member Posts: 225

Well judging from the article along with the video it looks like the build shown is a prototype to pitch to blizz should they decide to go down the mobile route. So theres a good chance that this project may never see the light of day.

Sounds like a great concept but looking at the way blizz goes after everything with a magnifying glass, i guess we will only see it (if at all) much later in the future when more powerful versions of the iPhone/PSP/PDAs are available, that can actually run a lighter version of wow without any lag, dcs etc. 

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Daedalus732

Might be good for checking the AH and maybe crafting. Perhaps some social interaction as well.

It may be even decent to do some easy dailies.

• drag9999drag9999 Member Posts: 252

[sarcasm] Seems like a new market for me: MMO's on phones! [/sarcasm]

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884
    Originally posted by Obzerver

Well judging from the article along with the video it looks like the build shown is a prototype to pitch to blizz should they decide to go down the mobile route. So theres a good chance that this project may never see the light of day.

Sounds like a great concept but looking at the way blizz goes after everything with a magnifying glass, i guess we will only see it (if at all) much later in the future when more powerful versions of the iPhone/PSP/PDAs are available, that can actually run a lighter version of wow without any lag, dcs etc. 

I was thinking something similar. Maybe for their next MMO. I read somewhere that they were looking into ways to greatly expand the ways in which you can interact with the game, from a social and progreesion standpoint. That would work in situations where you just wanna get in touch with guildees or do some trading, you could probably do that over some kind of web interface or iPhone2/smartphone app.

Battlenet2 is becoming all about connecting all Blizzard fans into one cehesive unit, I don't think somethink like what I said is that far fetched.

• DaakkonDaakkon Member UncommonPosts: 607
    Originally posted by Daedalus732

not really it was done with eve 2 years ago

• Archmage_SleArchmage_Sle Member Posts: 6

Hell why not, I've seen friends put halo3 on their ipod touch, why not take 2 more steps forward.

"If WoW rogues were so hard to play back then, how come so many 12 year olds rolled a rogue?"

Currently playing: WoW (still searching for that perfect MMO)

Have played: EverQuest (have still never found another MMO that gave you that feeling of being in that world), EQ2, Age of Conan, RuneScape, Guild Wars, Tabula Rasa, Warhammer Online, FFXI