Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone think they got the swine flu?

goneglockingoneglockin Member UncommonPosts: 706

I got something.

I became very tired and started snoring 2 days ago to the point where my gf banished me to the couch at night.  That has never happened before.  Today my nose is blocked up, running, my throat is sore and i have a low fever.  I feel awful.  I've had worse- but this just feels like it came on quick.  GF is getting sick too. 

Tonight I decided to google a few things for shits and giggles.  Found out there was a swine flu case 20 miles from where I live and now I'm wondering if I should go to a doctor. 

The good news is I finally decided to enroll in employer health insurance last month for the first time in years.

Hope you got your things together. Hope you are quite prepared to die. Looks like we're in for nasty weather. ... There's a bad moon on the rise.

Comments

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

Friend at school might, though its more likely just the standard flu

Sadly though, I don't think she has health care, so she's stuck trying to use home remedies

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Originally posted by goneglockin

I got something.
    I became very tired and started snoring 2 days ago to the point where my gf banished me to the couch at night.  That has never happened before.  Today my nose is blocked up, running, my throat is sore and i have a low fever.  I feel awful.  I've had worse- but this just feels like it came on quick.  GF is getting sick too. 
    Tonight I decided to google a few things for shits and giggles.  Found out there was a swine flu case 20 miles from where I live and now I'm wondering if I should go to a doctor. 
    The good news is I finally decided to enroll in employer health insurance last month for the first time in years.

Dude...you're so dead.   Can I have your stuffs? 

• talismen351talismen351 Member Posts: 1,124
    Originally posted by goneglockin

I got something.

Don't bother the doctor, you will just spread it around. Prolly best to just call  the undertaker n buy yourself a plot.

I am pretty sure that if someone had swine flu 20miles from you it wouldn't bypass everybody else in that 20mile radius just to go get you. Unless you had direct contact with the person who had the flu.

• HazmalHazmal Member CommonPosts: 1,013

This is where big govt. should step in, black-bag your ass and throw you in quarantine with all the other "infected".  No sense in putting everyone else at risk because your immune system sucks.

------------------
    Originally posted by javac

well i'm 35 and have a PhD in science, and then 10 years experience in bioinformatics... you?
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/218865/page/8

• LostnThoughtLostnThought Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Hazmal

This is where big govt. should step in, black-bag your ass and throw you in quarantine with all the other "infected".  No sense in putting everyone else at risk because your immune system sucks.

Dude, have you read any articles on this? It goes for people with the best immune system,

kthxbye

Easy to love, hard to forget.

• HazmalHazmal Member CommonPosts: 1,013
    Originally posted by LostnThought

Originally posted by Hazmal

Dude, have you read any articles on this? It goes for people with the best immune system,

kthxbye

------------------
    Originally posted by javac

well i'm 35 and have a PhD in science, and then 10 years experience in bioinformatics... you?
    http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/218865/page/8