Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFGame PVP Something like DAOC

lightingbirdlightingbird Member Posts: 103

I'm still trying to find my next pvp mmo with no luck.

So burned out with all the crap games I've blown money on recently.  Games like Age of Conan and Warhammer.   I'm really trying to find something with the following:

1.  Pvp with or without looting. 

2.  Free or monthly. 

3.  Fighting wth a purpose.  I don't mean just kill for the hell of it.  I mean fighting like in dark age of camelot.  Fighting to defend or take towers, keep battles in and outside the keep, and just something to know you are part of something while fighting. 

4.  Some sort of extra incentive.  DAOC had a realm point bonus.  You killed others and gained points kinda like experience points.  So when you hit the level cap, you could buy extra abilites and stat bonuses.

I'm considering Darkfall, Mortal online, and Regnum online based on the tips I've gotten here. 

Any other ideas?

Comments

• LogothXLogothX Member Posts: 245

There are a lot of people in the same boat as you. If such a game existed, you'd probably know about it already.

• lightingbirdlightingbird Member Posts: 103

Agreed.  Darkfall looked good for a moment... until I noticed all the left to right hack and slash fps crap.

• FibsdkFibsdk Member Posts: 1,112

When you find that game let me know. The lack of a good game ala DaoC has me playing Diablo 2 again.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

Your barrel is getting pretty low, seen or tried this,(link below) they are having a very big Xp bonus run for the next week on a training server so new player,s can get to 40th level fast,( highest level is 50th) there still is some grinding to do, but you will be in the thick of it, when the Xp run finishes, all toons that are level 40 or higher get transfered free to a normal servers when the run is over.

RF Online: Sci-Fi F2P  RvR PvP PvE ( Item shop )

http://www.playrf.com/signin/idsearch.asp  

Hope it's what your looking for.

Edit: If you want a fantasy game that is like this try,

Linage 2: Fantasy P2P RvR PvP PvE

http://www.lineage2.com/

• lightingbirdlightingbird Member Posts: 103

RF online.. i remember that game.  I know when it came out I was pumped.  Didn't know it was a free but must pay item shop mmo.  I've had a bunch of friends that tried it and they told me its pretty much this:

1.  Fight starts for some mine or something. 

2.  Fight then spam potions by the hundreds.

3.  Side wins the mine and they can pve this area.  It supposed to have a really horrid drop rate for great items. 

4.  Hours later this cycle starts again.

Is that accurate? 

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    Originally posted by lightingbird

RF online.. i remember that game.  I know when it came out I was pumped.  Didn't know it was a free but must pay item shop mmo.  I've had a bunch of friends that tried it and they told me its pretty much this:

1.  Fight starts for some mine or something. 
    2.  Fight then spam potions by the hundreds.
    3.  Side wins the mine and they can pve this area.  It supposed to have a really horrid drop rate for great items. 
    4.  Hours later this cycle starts again.

Is that accurate? 

That's a very generalised view of it and I will say there is a lot more to it, but yes.

If you played this a while a go, then I'm thinking that was when Codemasters ran it, which they don't now,( new owners) so new drop rates etc... it still has some of the same problems that most games have gold spammers, a bit of lag when the weathers bad, etc..

But it does have large community, it's very free and if you need the shop, then it's more likely that you will need it at higher levels 55 and up.

I don't really play any more myself, I have close friend that still plays a lot,(one of the race leaders for Cora on Solus server) and I know he has never used the shop, a very frugal person indeed.

Anyway it's up to you to decide if it's worth your time or not, myself I still drop in and play my tincan and try and annoy my friend.