Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

where to find a guild.

DEATHRAMENTDEATHRAMENT Member UncommonPosts: 701

I'm new and i play on the recommended server which is meneldor. My question is how does one find a guild as im not seeing any recruitment going on, im in all those other channels like glff,gbs,gooc and gtalk but the most people i seen in one was 80, there was another one with 3 people in it,is there another channel that i don't know about? Because id really like to join a guild.

Comments

• sarahstewartsarahstewart Member Posts: 68

You best bet is just to ask around and see who is recruiting or I would recommend you hop on the lotro forums and ask if there are any guilds in your server that are recruiting.

• NiimNiim Member Posts: 46

I would go to the forums and look into the posts there and then follow instructions from the kin how to join. I went this way and found a great kin. Worth a try mate!

Official forum, Meneldor - Kinships link:

forums.lotro.com/forumdisplay.php

Niim

Now Playing: LotRO:MoM Waiting for: Earthrise, The Warhammer 40k mmo
    Collecting dust on my shelf: Ultima Online, EverQuest, Dark Age of Camelot, Shadowbane, Lineage II, SWG, EQ2, D&D Online, Vanguard:SoH, Tabula Rasa, PoTBS, AoC, WAR

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Good luck with that, I never saw any recruitment talk in game, so I tried the official forums.  Got 1 reply in a month (and that was from a role-playing guild, which I'm not into). Never have found a guild. 

It's a very insular game, people don't like strangers.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• curiousdaoccuriousdaoc Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by trancejeremy

Good luck with that, I never saw any recruitment talk in game, so I tried the official forums.  Got 1 reply in a month (and that was from a role-playing guild, which I'm not into). Never have found a guild. 
    Experiences vary from one individual to another, for some reason you had a negative experience, which is most certainly not the norm in LOTRO. There is recruitment being advertised on a regular basis, and plenty of friendly guilds seeking members to bolster there ranks.

Within a few hours of looking for a guild (roughly a month ago when I tried one of the winback campaigns) I had eight private messages on the forums and five ingame mails to my character. This took a grand total of no more than three hours to accomplish, by way of ingame chat entirely.

Kinships in LOTRO reach out for members more than any other mmo I have ever played.

I couldn't disagree more, but it is obvious you have your mind made up, so I won't bother refuting your factless and completely assumed statement.

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671

Sounds like you are the one with the issue. Try being polite to others, grouping for quests, not stealing nodes.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• NiimNiim Member Posts: 46

forums.lotro.com/showthread.php

Now Playing: LotRO:MoM Waiting for: Earthrise, The Warhammer 40k mmo
    Collecting dust on my shelf: Ultima Online, EverQuest, Dark Age of Camelot, Shadowbane, Lineage II, SWG, EQ2, D&D Online, Vanguard:SoH, Tabula Rasa, PoTBS, AoC, WAR

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

best place to go is the official forums. each server has a kinship sub forum. here is the link to melendors

forums.lotro.com/forumdisplay.php

looks to be pretty active

I miss DAoC

• DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco Member Posts: 1,757

You're living in a dream world, Neo....

DB

Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.