Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nvidia 9800 GTX question...

FaliceFalice Member Posts: 329

I only have a single 6-pin connector, would that be enough to run the card, even though Nvidia suggests 2 6-pin connectors.

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

No.  If it requires 2, it means the card is a power hog and needs the power.

• Sir_DripSir_Drip Member Posts: 133
    Originally posted by Falice

I only have a single 6-pin connector, would that be enough to run the card, even though Nvidia suggests 2 6-pin connectors.

The New 9800 GTX +... has only (1) 6 pin

The older one has (2) 6 pin

You will need 24 amps on the 6 pin 12 volt rail as well. What power supply do you have?

• FaliceFalice Member Posts: 329
    Originally posted by Sir_Drip

You will need 24 amps on the 6 pin 12 volt rail as well. What power supply do you have?

Are you certain, I looked on Nvidias site and on the package for the unit and both come up with 2-pin. Where did you hear that the new one only needs 1 2-pin connector?

I have 500W PS 30+ amps.

• Sir_DripSir_Drip Member Posts: 133

Originally posted by Sir_Drip

Are you certain, I looked on Nvidias site and on the package for the unit and both come up with 2-pin. Where did you hear that the new one only needs 1 2-pin connector?

I have 500W PS 30+ amps.

Here. Look at the pictures...

http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=512-P3-N879-TR&family=GeForce%209%20Series%20Family

Read the spec's here, and customer reviews, also pictured with (1 ) 6 pin power.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130457

After looking they seem to be making them with both single and dbl 6 pin now....so order the right one!