Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Game?

BluefulBlueful Member Posts: 3

Hello,

I am looking for a game to play to let off some steam in between bouts of revision (I don't have any sort of game system like an xbox or playstation so those are out of the question), and i thought that before spending hours trawling through all the hundreds/thousands of games and game websites that are available on the net, i would come here and see what people recommended.

The kind of thing i am looking for would be:

- A free to play game

- 3D/2D

- Not massive computer requirements, because i only have a laptop.

- Fantasy or Sci-Fi genre

- Something that isn't overly complicated, because i have tried things before where to be honest the game screen looked more like the controls to a nuclear submarine with all the bars and dials and gadgets, etc... I'm just looking for something simple that any idiot (Ie: Me) can play without too much trouble.

- Something with things like professions/skills and maybe quests as well to do/complete.

- Not runescape, because i've tried it and didn't like it, plus i find it much easier to move with arrows than constantly clicking on a map/ground.

If anyone has any suggestions for me that fit those points, i'd appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• bmdevinebmdevine Member Posts: 429

Do you have any preferences in terms of combat style?  If you want a family friendly game that's low on resources, is casual friendly, isn't centered solely around combat, and gives you a lot of different job and quest options, why don't you give Free Realms a try?  It just launched, is F2P, unless you want the few extra jobs and access to the leaderboards, in which case you can buy a $4.99/mo membership.

• BluefulBlueful Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by bmdevine

Do you have any preferences in terms of combat style?  If you want a family friendly game that's low on resources, is casual friendly, isn't centered solely around combat, and gives you a lot of different job and quest options, why don't you give Free Realms a try?  It just launched, is F2P, unless you want the few extra jobs and access to the leaderboards, in which case you can buy a $4.99/mo membership.

Hi,

I have no preference of combat type, i don't really do much fighting when i have tried online games, i prefer to do jobs/tasks/quests/whatever you want to call them, when i can.

I'll have a look at that Free Realms, it sounds like it could be the sort of thing i'm after.

Thanks for the reply.

• BluefulBlueful Member Posts: 3

Alas, that game did not work on my computer. Something about firewalls and it not being able to connect. :-(