Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm still wondering about that forward flip (Ryu style) in the trailer

Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

In one of the AIon trailers you actually see a character do a front flip (instead of the regular jump) from one ledge to the other. Pretty cool, but how can I do that? Is that released in China or is it something to look forward to in the higher levels (which i doubt)?

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
|
RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

Comments

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

I guess you mean the assassin's flip kick? If so it's a 30ish skill afaik

• lornphoenixlornphoenix Member Posts: 993

I wonder if that was one of the cutscenes in the game you saw, Rikimaru_X.

gotta link to the trailer you saw?

• zarzuzarzu Member Posts: 126

asmodians randomly do a forward flip when normally jumping (like half of the time from my experience), maybe you mean that?

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718
    Originally posted by zarzu

asmodians randomly do a forward flip when normally jumping (like half of the time from my experience), maybe you mean that?

Yall do?! Why do yall get the cool flip and we don't? That might have been an asmodian I seen in the trailer.

Here is the trailer. Watch at 40 seconds

|

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154
    Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

Originally posted by zarzu

Yall do?! Why do yall get the cool flip and we don't? That might have been an asmodian I seen in the trailer.

Here is the trailer. Watch at 40 seconds

Hmm, this trailer is old.  The PC at 40 seconds is an Elyos based on the run animation and lighter colored skin but they no longer flip when they jump.

Asmodian characters run with a much more "Anime" style charge and Elyos run much more straight backed.  But again it is hard to tell since many of the animations may have changed in the last 2-3 years from this video.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
  • MNZebaMNZeba Member Posts: 254

yeah that doesn't look like an asmodian in the trailer (the character doesn't have a mane) and I do know asmodians do flip sometimes when jumping. That trailer is from 2006 so.  Also the climbing that is in the video was taken out of the game awhile ago.

• Shadow786Shadow786 Member UncommonPosts: 210

Riku i can confirm that the forward jump is in the game as my priest did a forward flip when jumping and moving forwards yesterday. He was Asmodian however just like the night elf models in world of warcraft they dont always do the forward flip.

:D

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I know it's old, but that is my favorite trailer, because it shocased some pretty things. Climbing is something that should go back into this game though. That was one thing that got my eyes all big.

|

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902
    Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

I know it's old, but that is my favorite trailer, because it shocased some pretty things. Climbing is something that should go back into this game though. That was one thing that got my eyes all big.

ya I thought that was asmodian also, but saw no mane

and, well you can make a light skinned light haired asmodian.  maybe I'll post screenshots of mine later.

BTW riki, wtf is a ninja like you doin playin elyos??  come to the dark side man

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."