Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Landroval a good server?

cvettecvette Member UncommonPosts: 82

I really want a stable population and i was able to get my longtime character name on Landroval.

So, is this server still going strong, and if so i will be looking for a good friendly guild to join. I would like the guild to be active and since im a 2 finger typer, i would love to use Vent or TS?

Well thanks for your time

Comments

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Landroval is the unoffical RP server so if you like Rp then its probably a good server, should be one of the best populated.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• JenuvielJenuviel Member Posts: 960

Landroval's the second most populated, with Brandywine being the first, so it's relatively stable as far as that goes.  As mentioned, it's the "unofficial roleplaying server," though that really just means roleplaying can be found if you want to participate, and you might see a few more emote exchanges here and there. Having played on Landroval since launch, I can say with confidence that the only people who realize it's the unofficial anything are people who frequent the forums (though roleplaying-based kinships do tend to be somewhat regularly listed on the Landroval kinship forum). For the most part, it's an average, if slightly more courteous, server. Obviously, though, every server has players of all types and maturity levels.

As far as finding a kinship, the official forums have a kinship board for each server, so that's probably a good place to start.

Landroval's: http://forums.lotro.com/forumdisplay.php?f=182

• sarahstewartsarahstewart Member Posts: 68

Landroval is a very stable server and has a good population, I would go as far to say it is actually one of the best lotro servers well worth playing on in my opinion.

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Landroval is actually the third most populated server, behind Elendmir (or however it's spelled).  Close, but most indications I've seen put it firmly in third.

Personally, I can't stand it, people there are stuck up jerks that never talk or group with strangers. Maybe it's because it is the unofficial roleplaying server, everyone has to stay in character (and talking to others is out of character or something). But maybe they're just jerks (my theory).

At any rate, I wouldn't recommend it unless you are into roleplaying. I sometimes debate where I should pay for a transfer to a friendlier server, if it were cheaper I would. But I've sunk enough money into this game that I really haven't gotten a return on....

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco Member Posts: 1,757
    Originally posted by trancejeremy

Landroval is actually the third most populated server, behind Elendmir (or however it's spelled).  Close, but most indications I've seen put it firmly in third.
    Personally, I can't stand it, people there are stuck up jerks that never talk or group with strangers. Maybe it's because it is the unofficial roleplaying server, everyone has to stay in character (and talking to others is out of character or something). But maybe they're just jerks (my theory).
    At any rate, I wouldn't recommend it unless you are into roleplaying. I sometimes debate where I should pay for a transfer to a friendlier server, if it were cheaper I would. But I've sunk enough money into this game that I really haven't gotten a return on....

Why not roll a toon on Brandywine? From what I hear, it's the most populated US server. Since you have the lifetime sub, and you always said you enjoyed the 1-20 leveling most, it should be great fun! The beginner zones have new quests as well, also they will be full with the free week newbies (although you can't avoid the occasional a**holes either).

Looks like a piece of cake to me ;)

DB

Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.

• kazmokazmo Member Posts: 715

I recently joined again and started on the Brandywine server. It's the most populated server and one of the more recognizable names for Tolkien-lore, even to people who are vaguely familiar. That being said, I had to reroll on Landroval because I was looking for a little more RP and I couldn't take the immaturity level on Brandywine.

Maybe it's just me, but I found Brandywine to be less mature than Landroval. It seems like in 1-in-3 people had stupid names that didn't make any sense, as well as a lot of complete anti-socials. I could hardly spark a "Hello" from anybody. 

Landroval however, seems to be the complete opposite, stupid names are less common and friendly people are in abundance.

• boyobearboyobear Member Posts: 13

This probably doesn't matter to you but Landroval is also the unofficial LGBT server as well. With that fact and also that it has some RPers on it, I find it to be a very nice and helpful server.