Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Installation story, why game in korean instead of chinese?

OzigoulOzigoul Member Posts: 50

I am currently installing the game on two different pc, if ever it can help someone, here is my story for both: 

On the first pc: download the launcher, tryed 5 times to install (different folder, source) would all fail, everything written in random character i.e: ÒAéociêu. Downloaded some patch, link given on a post on this website, was very useful (however link has been removed). Then I run the patch but I had feeling it was crashing since stopped in the middle. However after searching for more then 1 hour on the net I notice that if I run the patch the launcher would now work for some reason, even if it was crashing at 40% when running patch solely. So I think you need to install, it fails, then run patch then it works, hidden somewhere in your folders. Sounds like correct combination. Game successfully installed. End of story.

On the second pc:  The launcher is not crashing at all, however all the user interface is writting in random chinese character, trust me my girlfriend can read traditional and simplified and it is pure random characters. I am sure it was not korean,japanese or burmese. Then I install the game, download content, however the game is in Korean!!! how is that possible. I have simply no idea. I have to find a fix tonight, I verified the source and everything, even reinstall a few times after uninstalling but same result.

Also I am guessing that game guard is actually messing witht he IME pad (tool used to translate in miscrosoft text editors such as 'word').

I am actually thinking that a lot of people on this site might have actually installed the game in korean and believe it was in chinese.

Comments

• OzigoulOzigoul Member Posts: 50

Just as clarification, when I am referring to the patch I am referring to a patch to fix the installation issues, not related tot he english patch whatsoever, which I never installed. Don't ban my post!

• Shadow786Shadow786 Member UncommonPosts: 210

Not sure mate, as far as my installation went, i downloaded the chinese client from their website throught bittorrent.

The installed it and patched both the game and gameguard which took about 45 minutes and the game worked fine

I know its chinese since SNDA is a chinese company and its plastered on the installation and the startup screen.

• MENGKESHIMENGKESHI Member Posts: 123

For your 2nd pc and chinese language installation....

Go to control panel

Then regional and language settings

Now under tab "regional options"

In standards and formats, choose "Chinese [PRC]"

In location, select "China"

Under tab "Advanced"

In "Language for non-Unicode programs", select "Chinese [PRC]"

Reset your computer and the game should now load in Chinese instead of Korean

PS You get those strings of random chinese characters, usually when your non-unicode program language is set to Japanese or some kind of traditional chinese character area. Make sure it's Chinese PRC for this...

PPS I guess you've already done this, but just in case you haven't already installed files for east asian languages, go to control panel/regional and language options, then language tab and check the box "Install files for East Asian Languages"

EDIT: problem has nothing to do with gameguard/IME - all runs fine and can type Chinese or English in-game!