Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best pvp game to date

BamanenBamanen Member UncommonPosts: 63

This game is amazing and has so much potential to be the next big pvp game. Takes skill and armor doesnt really matter. With Shadowbane closing and not much else on the market lets make this the next competitive pvp game. Give it a shot .... you wont be let down. Its free for 2 weeks may as well download it to check the combat system out and see if u have enough skill to play with the big dogs.

Comments

• Brone87Brone87 Member Posts: 244

It is true, never have I played an MMO where one duel you can have a really close fight, and the next you can completely demolish your opponent 90% hp to 0. This games PVP is very intense and the most skilled players can easily take on 2v1s to even 4v1s depending on the level differences.

• DreamionDreamion Member UncommonPosts: 287

Rather go play Fable II and join a friends world then mash him up than playing this fable online game.

• ecthelion07ecthelion07 Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Dreamion

Rather go play Fable II and join a friends world then mash him up than playing this fable online game.

It's nice to see that Spellborn is a thread for your current game, it shows me that Spellborn is doing a great job. This game is gonna succed for sure, no doubt about that. It doesn't matter how many people try to make it look bad :P

• Cerebus59Cerebus59 Member Posts: 28

This is only MMO - out of the countless dozens I've played - that actually *makes* me want to shuck my carebear furs and try PvP, because of the true strategy and skill that is required.

The combat plays like an FPS, but the rotating modifiable skill deck adds amazing diversity, so that no two fighters would be the same - particularly at later levels when you have more skill slots. And the next patch will offer 2 vs 2, and 4 vs 4 Arena matches, too.

I have to be honest, I was starting to get a little tired of the whole MMO scene; everyone copying everyone else - yet this game has, for me, re-invigorated  the entire genre. I look forward to playing it, as opposed to many others that just felt like work.

D'Sarn - BloodWarrior

Dorzhan Server

• BamanenBamanen Member UncommonPosts: 63

Lol people are crying for a different game and when a mmo comes out that is worth a crap people still hate on it......lol have to love the community of MMO's to date......btw dont get turned off by the community in spellborn....it is one of the best communities out there you just have to get past the newb zones with all these people pouring in and talkin about future games and how they dont like the game.....its amusing because they are playing the game.......

For those who want to see what the PvP is like, here is a small video:

It's an older one, but gives you an idea of the possibilities.

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695
    Originally posted by Bamanen

This game is amazing and has so much potential to be the next big pvp game. Takes skill and armor doesnt really matter. With Shadowbane closing and not much else on the market lets make this the next competitive pvp game. Give it a shot .... you wont be let down. Its free for 2 weeks may as well download it to check the combat system out and see if u have enough skill to play with the big dogs.

Oh yeah, it's "amazing pvp" if you like bunny-hop fights....

Pressing that spacebar sure takes "skill."

Honestly, if you ask me, any pvp that is focused on jousting and bunny-hopping is not skill based, it is merely an outlet for those with ADHD.

• Brone87Brone87 Member Posts: 244

While bunny hopping is pretty prevalent now, MMO's are always changing and whos to say that in the next patch or maybe the one after it there won't be a fix or stamina bar applied to jumping only. All jumping aside the combat  is so spectacular that I could not quit over this single issue but instead adapt and learn how to combat it myself.

• BamanenBamanen Member UncommonPosts: 63

lol man the community on this site is so bad, but hey awesome pvp should be standing still mashing 1,2,3 etc. go play wow and have fun ttyl.....this site is just so low these days.

Just sucks that the only people who can rate all these good games are people who sit on these boards all day flaming...whenever they dont even know wtf is going on in game, this site alone has killed alot of mmo's because of these boards

lol man the community on this site is so bad, but hey awesome pvp should be standing still mashing 1,2,3 etc. go play wow and have fun ttyl.....this site is just so low these days.
    Just sucks that the only people who can rate all these good games are people who sit on these boards all day flaming...whenever they dont even know wtf is going on in game, this site alone has killed alot of mmo's because of these boards

Um... what do you think every game uses if not 1,2,3?  What, you use a Wii-mote?  Also, I'm not sure if you are saying TCOS is good or bad pvp in this post now.  Even with the skill deck, if you are smart you set it up so you continuously press the same buttons for set effects.  I know I had my sequence for damage cycle through 1,1,1,1, my sequence for heals and debufs 2,2,2,2, for speed, 3,3,3,3, for AOE 4,4,4,4, etc.

Now, don't get me wrong about TCOS pvp, the use of buffs, debuffs, heals and damage throughtout the fight were very good.  I just hated the fact that, when equally matched, whoever jousted and jumped more probably won.  Oh, and just for the record, I played this game in CB and OB much longer than it has even been out in Europe and especially NA.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by daeandor

Um... what do you think every game uses if not 1,2,3?  What, you use a Wii-mote?  Also, I'm not sure if you are saying TCOS is good or bad pvp in this post now.  Even with the skill deck, if you are smart you set it up so you continuously press the same buttons for set effects.  I know I had my sequence for damage cycle through 1,1,1,1, my sequence for heals and debufs 2,2,2,2, for speed, 3,3,3,3, for AOE 4,4,4,4, etc.

Now, don't get me wrong about TCOS pvp, the use of buffs, debuffs, heals and damage throughtout the fight were very good.  I just hated the fact that, when equally matched, whoever jousted and jumped more probably won.  Oh, and just for the record, I played this game in CB and OB much longer than it has even been out in Europe and especially NA.

I have to ask you, what do you expect? People demand skill-based MMOs, well guess what, dodging is part of that skill. And yes, it does take skill to press that space bar at the right times. If someone is just jumping the entire time then they are very predictable and sitting ducks in the air.

Also, just because you think to only put skills up to a single button to mash over and over, doesn't mean that it's the only (or even the best) way to setup a skill deck. I, for one, have different setups depending on what class i'm playing as. They are usually setup with specific combos / counters inmind, and are rarely just 'attack attack attack'.

• LogothXLogothX Member Posts: 245

When I played, the combat system responded very sluggishly, and I was bestowed a bunch of generic kill / fetch quests. Hardly what I would consider "best" material.

From what is being said on this thread, you people are mistaking a good engine for good PVP. You guys think the engine is good, and that's great; but what structure is there to the PVP? Random FFA kill fest? Are you banking on Arena? Ah, Arena; we all know how well THAT turned out in WoW, let's throw it into this game!

There should be a goal, and no; Im not referring to tacking on a bunch of experience meters to PVP (Ala Warhammer). Hey, maybe there is a goal! Maybe you can siege castles and take terrirtory in the game's persistent non instance based world. If that's actually the case; maybe I'll think about wading through the raw sewage to get to this!

So hey, let's hear it guys.

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039
    Originally posted by LogothX

When I played, the combat system responded very sluggishly, and I was bestowed a bunch of generic kill / fetch quests. Hardly what I would consider "best" material.

From what is being said on this thread, you people are mistaking a good engine for good PVP. You guys think the engine is good, and that's great; but what structure is there to the PVP? Random FFA kill fest? Are you banking on Arena? Ah, Arena; we all know how well THAT turned out in WoW, let's throw it into this game!

There should be a goal, and no; Im not referring to tacking on a bunch of experience meters to PVP (Ala Warhammer). Hey, maybe there is a goal! Maybe you can siege castles and take terrirtory in the game's persistent non instance based world. If that's actually the case; maybe I'll think about wading through the raw sewage to get to this!

Well I managed to get through one of your posts and theyre pretty much raw sewage, so anythings possible!

Originally posted by aesperus

snipped for space

I have to ask you, what do you expect? People demand skill-based MMOs, well guess what, dodging is part of that skill. And yes, it does take skill to press that space bar at the right times. If someone is just jumping the entire time then they are very predictable and sitting ducks in the air.

Also, just because you think to only put skills up to a single button to mash over and over, doesn't mean that it's the only (or even the best) way to setup a skill deck. I, for one, have different setups depending on what class i'm playing as. They are usually setup with specific combos / counters inmind, and are rarely just 'attack attack attack'.

No, what I am saying is not that 1,1,1,1 is best, it is that with the way pvp works in game, it is best to have a set method of obtaining your desired result.  Mine was to set up each page of my deck similar so I always knew which button to push regardless of the speed of the deck or the movements I was trying to attempt.  If I wanted damage, I knew "1" was my damage on that particular page.  My #1 on page 1, 2, 3, and 4 were not the exact same skills, but they were always a primary damage skill.  If I needed a heal, or a skill that would allow me to heal, I knew it was "2."  Of course each class requires a different book setup.

And I completely disagree with your statement that it takes "skill" to press the largest button on a keyboard repeatedly to dodge an attack.  Heck it doesn't even take any experience or intelligence to press that button, my 2 year old could run my dodge attempts with as much effectiveness as a "skilled" pvper if all I wanted to do was bunny-hop.  As far as being sitting ducks in the air, that is only true for ranged attacks in TCOS.  There are several classes which only have their bow for ranged attacks, and melee attacks on an airborne player generally were out of range unless they jumped onto you.

• LogothXLogothX Member Posts: 245
    Originally posted by jimsmith08

Well I managed to get through one of your posts and theyre pretty much raw sewage, so anythings possible!

Oh ok. Just what I thought: nothing. Moving on.

• BeanchillaBeanchilla Member Posts: 260

The pvp seems to be fun so far, But i have to agree, with no real long term goals or anything other than unorganized fights in certain selected areas and the arena... it seems a bit dull, or at least that it'll get boring.

We should be able to control territory or something, have sieges or something.

That just might be the only thing holding me back from subing.

Just another handsome boy graduate...

Oh ok. Just what I thought: nothing. Moving on.

Oh come on, youre lonely enough to keep on posting. Dont deny us your awesomeness!

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by JigsawJesus

The pvp seems to be fun so far, But i have to agree, with no real long term goals or anything other than unorganized fights in certain selected areas and the arena... it seems a bit dull, or at least that it'll get boring.
    We should be able to control territory or something, have sieges or something.
    That just might be the only thing holding me back from subing.

It's coming...and who will be strong enough to stand up to the House of Rune?

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

Whats the main objective of the game?

Is there territorial Combat? AvA? GvG? Arena ladders? Why would I want to keep playing this game over the long haul?

Tbh just random Open world pvp and duels arent enough to keep me in a game if it did I would of stuck with WAR.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

arena ladders with ratings..? and skirmishes

demon chest world pvp-collect 3 keys from across the world and unlock a big chest. keys are pvp lootable, dont know much else about it though.

resource mines to fight over certain cratfing materials

crystal mines to fight over crystals for armour sets (dont know much about it)

pvp servers have open pvp

later: shard conquest where you take over an entire shard and unlock the content on it for your house whilst fending off the other house players.

btw, whats Ryzom like nowadays?

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

demon chest world pvp-collect 3 keys from across the world and unlock a big chest. keys are pvp lootable, dont know much else about it though.

later: shard conquest where you take over an entire shard and unlock the content on it for your house whilst fending off the other house players.
    Thanks for the info man! Is all of that stuff in the game if so ill grab a two week trial and mess with it.

Ryzom is ok still digging and trying to build that perfect class lol.

The devs are pushing this New RP aspect so Im trying it out again seems like it may just become a Niche game for RPers.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

Originally posted by JGMIII

Thanks for the info man! Is all of that stuff in the game if so ill grab a two week trial and mess with it.

Ryzom is ok still digging and trying to build that perfect class lol.

The devs are pushing this New RP aspect so Im trying it out again seems like it may just become a Niche game for RPers.

I always wondered how it was getting on. im amazed more people dont play it really, considering how much people whine about there not being enough 'sandbox' type of games  "but not that sandbox, I want the one in my head!"

its all in except demon chests and arena, which are in the next patch (coming sometime within the next few weeks.) shard conquest is way off. I have no idea what theyll add in the meantime, but whatever it is, it needs to be pretty soon.

https://eu-players.tcos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5168

• EvolvedMonkyEvolvedMonky Member Posts: 549

I think its a good Action RPG.  Combat is great. Reminds me of CoH or a fable online or somethin.

My theory is Jimmysmith08 is that theres some who play MMOs to live in some alternate reality. And theres some of us who play em cause were gamers.

I like games.  From FPS to RTSs.  Deep RPGs to shallow ,dungeon grinding ,action RPGs. 

My name is Evolved Monky and im a gamer.

Originally posted by Brone87

While bunny hopping is pretty prevalent now, MMO's are always changing and whos to say that in the next patch or maybe the one after it there won't be a fix or stamina bar applied to jumping only. All jumping aside the combat  is so spectacular that I could not quit over this single issue but instead adapt and learn how to combat it myself.

In the latest Webinar, the Devs have said they will look into this.

Originally posted by Cerebus59

Originally posted by Brone87

In the latest Webinar, the Devs have said they will look into this.

Yeah, they said that about 10 months ago too when the testers moaned that there needed to be some means to limit bunny-hopping.

to Brone87, the issue is not adapting, it's easy enough to adapt by adjusting your deck to ensure you have plenty of speed (physique) debuffs or making sure you have good ranged attacks.  Most classes have the ability to do debuffs or ranged attack fairly well.  The issue to me is that bunny-hopping is not fun, and only a legitimate tactic in games which allow unlimited use of the bunny-hop.  So, with the topic "best pvp game to date," I say, "no".  Not when bouncing around like an ADHD 10 year old LARPing is the preferred combat technique.