Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Jedi/Sith is your "role model"? ;)

ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Just a fun question for those who want to play Jedi or Sith. Who is your role model you would like to be like among Jedi or Sith? Who is coolest?

Honestly, my fav is Obi-Wan. He isn't perfect, but the most "human", so to speak, and not so narrow minded/serious like some others. He is a nice guy, kinda "normal" for a Jedi, and still a really great fighter, not because he has some uber force count, but because he is smart and knows to adapt. Definitely one of my fav. Jedi.

EDIT: Not much of a Sith lover... but Sidious is cool. He plots and schemes instead of using just force.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Comments

• jaycee2006jaycee2006 Member Posts: 466

Jedi- Qui-Gon, just because he's wise, knows what he's doing, takes on other people he sees have potential and always has a cool head.

Sith- Darth Maul, just cause he looks awesome, and never says anything, really mysterious and he focuses on the job, no time for chat ^^.

And yeah, both my choices died in one film!

• HaukenHauken Member UncommonPosts: 649

The ones that is safely locked up in a cage in the cargo-hold of my ship. With a nice fat bounty on their head.

Better still if they are dead. So much easier to deliver......

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back
    Station.com : We got your game
    Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

• VarkingVarking Member UncommonPosts: 542

I have none for Jedi but for Sith, Darth Bane. Just got done reading his novels and he is quite the character. He started the whole "Rule of two".

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Kyp Durron.  I associate with the character on many levels... he's had a very rough past, and even though he is 'good' there is a sort of 'darkness' about him that he cannot shake due to his past...

He's almost like a Jedi vigilante, or at least he was for a very long time.  Also, I'm with Kyp in his belief that the Jedi have a moral responsiblily to all of the galaxy, not just the republic, to go out there and do what good they can, stop whatever evils they can.  He's a flawed and deep character with a very strong sense of justice but has been a 'rogue' all his life.

We also happen to look alike.

In ToR, I plan for my Jedi character to be much like him [me] and be quite vigilant.  Somewhat of a 'dark hero' if you will - 300 years go, he definitely would've followed Revan into the war against the Mandalorians to stop them from the massacres they were causing.  He would have believed in the cause, up until Revan started to really 'slip to the dark side', at which time he'd try to 'save' Revan from the dark side, even if it would cost him his life.

Also, he and I both happen to believe that the Force is neither inherantly GOOD or EVIL / LIGHT or DARK.  Study the Force, gain knowledge of EVERY aspect but be mindful - ultimately it is your ACTIONS that define you.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by DeaconX

Kyp Durron.  I associate with the character on many levels... he's had a very rough past, and even though he is 'good' there is a sort of 'darkness' about him that he cannot shake due to his past...
    He's almost like a Jedi vigilante, or at least he was for a very long time.  Also, I'm with Kyp in his belief that the Jedi have a moral responsiblily to all of the galaxy, not just the republic, to go out there and do what good they can, stop whatever evils they can.  He's a flawed and deep character with a very strong sense of justice but has been a 'rogue' all his life.

In ToR, I plan for my Jedi character to be much like him [me] and be quite vigilant.  Somewhat of a 'dark hero' if you will - 300 years go, he definitely would've followed Revan into the war against the Mandalorians to stop them from the massacres they were causing.  He would have believed in the cause, up until Revan started to really 'slip to the dark side', at which time he'd try to 'save' Revan from the dark side, even if it would cost him his life.
    Also, he and I both happen to believe that the Force is neither inherantly GOOD or EVIL / LIGHT or DARK.  Study the Force, gain knowledge of EVERY aspect but be mindful - ultimately it is your ACTIONS that define you.

Gah a Potentium heretic! hehe XD

Thats interesting, I wonder how many design their Jedi/Sith - or any char, but with Force Users it is a bit closer to how you feel - based on how they would be as a Jedi or Sith.

I would not be such a "do good" Jedi. I am more with a kinda distanced Jedi like Qui-Gon "I didn't come here to free slaves". As bad as evil is, getting involved without knowing for sure the consequences can be a difficult matter. But  always had a bit of a Taoist nature to more "let things care of themselves" and as Jedi I would care sometimes, when I feel the Force called me, but I would certainly not run around as a kind of "Superhero" doing good everywhere. That would not be my RL morals nor my Jedi moral. I found the view of the old Jedi Council not to enter the Mandalorian War right away most true, and IMVPO it was one of the fundamental mistakes of the Jedi in the new trilogy. They NEVER should have become Generals of an Army. Thats not the role of the Jedi to save everyone, and wanting to do that was part of Anakin' fall. Ok, maybe the Jedi overdid their passivity, but rushing to the aid of the Republic like the Jedi did in the 2nd trilogy was their undoing. ... Oh my... getting philosophical here.

But essentially I would play a Jedi based on how I am and how I see things as well, and that is mostly Obi-Wan, also Qui-Gon. ^^ (You should read "Jedi Padawan" if you havent already. its about Qui-Gon taking a young Obi-Wan as apprentice. Quite fun.)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

None.

Han Solo has always apealed much more to me.

Opportunism > heroism in a realistic world

And a free, individualistic spirit > religious dogma any day.

:)

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by Elikal

Originally posted by DeaconX

Gah a Potentium heretic! hehe XD

Thats interesting, I wonder how many design their Jedi/Sith - or any char, but with Force Users it is a bit closer to how you feel - based on how they would be as a Jedi or Sith.

I would not be such a "do good" Jedi. I am more with a kinda distanced Jedi like Qui-Gon "I didn't come here to free slaves". As bad as evil is, getting involved without knowing for sure the consequences can be a difficult matter. But  always had a bit of a Taoist nature to more "let things care of themselves" and as Jedi I would care sometimes, when I feel the Force called me, but I would certainly not run around as a kind of "Superhero" doing good everywhere. That would not be my RL morals nor my Jedi moral. I found the view of the old Jedi Council not to enter the Mandalorian War right away most true, and IMVPO it was one of the fundamental mistakes of the Jedi in the new trilogy. They NEVER should have become Generals of an Army. Thats not the role of the Jedi to save everyone, and wanting to do that was part of Anakin' fall. Ok, maybe the Jedi overdid their passivity, but rushing to the aid of the Republic like the Jedi did in the 2nd trilogy was their undoing. ... Oh my... getting philosophical here.

But essentially I would play a Jedi based on how I am and how I see things as well, and that is mostly Obi-Wan, also Qui-Gon. ^^ (You should read "Jedi Padawan" if you havent already. its about Qui-Gon taking a young Obi-Wan as apprentice. Quite fun.)

Actually I do have that series of books, about 7 of them at least :D great books I enjoyed them even though they're basically children's books hehe.

Qui-Gon is my FAVE Jedi Master.  He'd be a perfect master for someone like me, who is much too full of 'emotions' and vigilant leanings.  I'm simply too idealistic.  And I know THAT would be my downfall which is why I'm SO intereste in playint ToR.  I know there are going to be serious decisions and consequences for my choices... but I want to be as true as possible to MY nature and see what happens.

What I'm forseeing is that I'll hover on the edge of the dark side while trying to accomplish good.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• NergleNergle Member UncommonPosts: 253
    Originally posted by Varking

I have none for Jedi but for Sith, Darth Bane. Just got done reading his novels and he is quite the character. He started the whole "Rule of two".

Darth Bane did not start the rule of two, for the Sith, He did however re implement it after he had Dark Lord Kaan and the Brother hood destroy them self with the thought bomb.

He is my favorite Dark Lord as well with Palapatine a close second (Palpatine was just as slick and powerful as he was).

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

Shaak Ti and Yoda :]

Both are the epitome of what I view to be the best facet of the jedi order - the diplomat/mentor. I idolize them to death.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

For me it would be Kyle Katarn

He is neither Jedi or Sith.

He does the right thing. Withouth being bounded by strict rules and philosophies of both factions.

Kind of like A Force sensitive Han Solo

• Darth Caedus is my favorite currently, and until he was concieved it was Bane.

• doctormozgdoctormozg Member UncommonPosts: 31

i have hate i have anger

And i use it ! My dark force is unlimited

Im stronger then any jedi scum!

Ofcourse a Sith i want to be they are true rulers of the galaxy and i will kill any jedi i see those worthless slimes either join sith or die Muahahaha

• Cody1174Cody1174 Member Posts: 271

I want to choose Darth Bane, but Sith Lords aren't the best role models. I just like how Bane doesn't take crap from anyone.

I will go with Mace Windu, he is very powerful and doesn't think twice about killing Sith. He dabbles with the Dark Side a bit and can control it. Though not on Yoda or Quigons level, he is very wise aswell.

• tromerostromeros Member Posts: 31

Personally i love the story of the Jedi gone bad then neutrel then back to good....

lol so anyways its Quinlan Vos Or Galen Marek

Feelin Fine

• kawlkjakawlkja Member Posts: 352
    Originally posted by Varking

Yeah, Bane was pretty kickass. His apprentice Rain was as well.

• ArchnagelArchnagel World of Warcraft CorrespondentMember Posts: 27

Darth Maul for me. Martial awesomeness with a kickass tattoo scheme. How much more awesome can you get?

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854

Darth Bane.

He created order from pure chaos.

• ArchnagelArchnagel World of Warcraft CorrespondentMember Posts: 27

Darth Caedus... was one of the most emo Darths ever, was controlled by Luminya and that bird thing whose name escapes me, and didnt last very long. All he really did was screw up so royally that he managed to progress in his tasks by pure accident. Not very Sith Lord-like behavior! :D