Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If the drug World of Warcraft is legal, why can't Marijuana be legal as well?

Tim_BraidTim_Braid Member UncommonPosts: 36

If our government can allow 11 million people to play WoW, why can't the government allow people to smoke weed? Couldn't the argument be made that playing WoW is more harmful to the human being than Marijuana? Yet, one is legal and the other is outlawed, does this make sense to anybody here?

Timmy B.

Comments

• TykeroTykero Member Posts: 349

Okay, I'm all for marijuana legalization, but this argument is just plain invalid.

-

• n25phillyn25philly Member Posts: 1,317

because marijana is not overrated garbage

member of imminst.org

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

Whoaaaaa....

You just blew my mind man...

• warppwarpp Member Posts: 258
    Originally posted by Tim_Braid

If our government can allow 11 million people to play WoW, why can't the government allow people to smoke weed? Couldn't the argument be made that playing WoW is more harmful to the human being than Marijuana? Yet, one is legal and the other is outlawed, does this make sense to anybody here?
    Timmy B.

Wow,you mean to tell me that Marijuana is not legal in the land of the free?

Jah Rasta For I.
    The Wicked Shall Fall..

http://www.ethnic2020.com/images/Ebay/black-jesus.jpg

• Tim_BraidTim_Braid Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by Tykero

Okay, I'm all for marijuana legalization, but this argument is just plain invalid.

How so?

• vonomousvonomous Member Posts: 357

They should be bundled together.  Get your time cards and doobies in one convenient pack!

"If you can't out wit them, report them till they're banned!"- PopinJ'

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

It always seem like the users make these topics and they are usually on it right when they make it.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• MysticshamanMysticshaman Member Posts: 72

LOL First i think it should be legal...i don't smoke, but it should be legal and taxed through the roof!

Second, 11 million people play wow yes, but i think the number is closer to 7 million in the states...maybe less i can't remember.

• Dynamo112Dynamo112 Member Posts: 240
    Originally posted by Tim_Braid

Timmy B.

Well the unhealthiness that is associated with playing an MMO (hardcores atleast) can be ruled out with simple excercise, whereas the negatives of smoking marijuana (over long term) is irreversable (lung cancer). Though it does take significantly longer to get lung cancer from cannabis as opposed to tobacco.

In the end though I guess it evens out, so no it doesn't make sense.

• zipitzipit Member Posts: 487
    Originally posted by warpp

Wow,you mean to tell me that Marijuana is not legal in the land of the free?

Rofl ! 

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

As much as I'd like to see pot legalised, this comparison is just strange.  I don't think it would anything for the pro-legalisation argument at all.  Or the anti-legalisation argument.  It's such a silly comparision, I don't think it would ever come up in an actual political debate on the subject. If it did, it might be somewhat amusing to see all the puzzled looks in the room.

• rymanryman Member Posts: 227

Simply put, if you smoke Marijuana you are a worthless dopehead bum that should be thrown out on the streets. You contribute nothing to society and increase chances of funding dangerous drug organizations that probably kill people everyday. And you wonder why can't drugs be legalized? Idiots..

• Tim_BraidTim_Braid Member UncommonPosts: 36
    Originally posted by ryman

Simply put, if you smoke Marijuana you are a worthless dopehead bum that should be thrown out on the streets. You contribute nothing to society and increase chances of funding dangerous drug organizations that probably kill people everyday. And you wonder why can't drugs be legalized? Idiots..

Couldn't the same argument be made that...

"Simply put, if you play World of Warcraft(5 to 8 hours a day) you are a worthless game addict that should be thrown out on the streets. You contribute nothing to society and increase the chances of hurting yourself, your family, your friends and your loved ones."

I think if a person were to do nothing but smoke pot all day(5 to 8 hours a day), every day, than that person would be qualified as a "bum" and should be "thrown out on the streets." But if a person is able to smoke weed in a casual manner it's effects would not harm the user in a negative manner.

Both drugs have their negative effects, and both are equally capable of causing harm to the user, yet one is forwned upon and the other is highly praised. Both drugs, if used properly and responsibly can have benefical and positive effects on the user, yet one is frowned upon and the other is praised.

Why is this the case? Thoughts?

• TykeroTykero Member Posts: 349
    Originally posted by ryman

Wow.

You have some mental issues if you honestly believe that.

Believe it or not, there are quite a few normal and even successful people who smoke marijuana.

Additionally, this might not have crossed your hate-addled brain, but drugs only fund 'dangerous drug organizations' because they're illegal in the first place. It may be a bit difficult to comprehend, but there were 'dangerous drug organizations' selling alchohol during prohibition that miraculously disappeared at its conclusion.

-