Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Title

bagnolbagnol Member UncommonPosts: 62
edited October 2020 in Age of Conan: Unchained

Post edited by bagnol on

Comments

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Basically everything is instanced depending on how many people are in a zone. Once it is past, say 50, then a new instance is created.

• vikingclubvikingclub Member Posts: 40

Let's take Tortage for an example. Every tavern and house has it's own instance. A house with one one small room.. has it's own instance. If that doesn't kill immersion I don't know what will.

In Tortage you might change instance on average every minute depending on what you are doing and how fast you are doing it. There are less instances after Tortage but still a lot.

If you don't like instances then Age of Conan is not for you, trust me.

• Capn23Capn23 Member Posts: 1,529
    Originally posted by vikingclub

Let's take Tortage for an example. Every tavern and house has it's own instance. A house with one one small room.. has it's own instance. If that doesn't kill immersion I don't know what will.
    In Tortage you might change instance on average every minute depending on what you are doing and how fast you are doing it. There are less instances after Tortage but still a lot.

haha...OP...don't trust anyone on this forum...

not even me. Play the game for yourself and decide if the instancing is too much for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

• bagnolbagnol Member UncommonPosts: 62
    edited October 2020

Post edited by bagnol on
    Originally posted by Capn23

Originally posted by vikingclub

haha...OP...don't trust anyone on this forum...

not even me. Play the game for yourself and decide if the instancing is too much for you.

I agree that you should not trust some anonymous forum guy like myself but what I said there is truth and everyone knows it. Everyone knows AoC has a lot of instances, they even said so themselves. So it's not like I'm making up some shit.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by bagnol

For a person who couldn't care less about immersion and would only ever play grouped with one other person, does the instancing really have that big an impact?

If you put it that way I'd say it may actually enhance your experience, either way try it out I don't see instancing being a problem for you.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

Originally posted by bagnol

For a person who couldn't care less about immersion and would only ever play grouped with one other person, does the instancing really have that big an impact?

Having played a lot of MMO's I was like you and thought that I couldn't care less about immersion. However when I started playing AoC I realized that everyone cares about immersion, some just more than others.

It's those damn loading screens. They are really annoying. I probably have AHDH or something but when I play I want to do something all the time and when I get these loading screens every couple of minutes, it's killing me inside.

• Masta22Masta22 Member Posts: 298

well I am just about to try the game myself... am unsure atm if I will mind the instancing.. I mean AOC offers something different to an mmo.. the combat looks like it will be enjoyable instead of spamming the same skill... as seen in many other mmos. Say you go into the building.. is it a public instance or private.. also is it only split into 2 instances if there are more than 50 in the building.. or does that just apply to the different areas in the game.

Hopefully it won't bother me too much that it wil be a turn off.