Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A L10 review- Loving the game

Comments

• lordabbadonlordabbadon Member Posts: 68

There been playing for 2 days casualy ofc, reached level 8 and i liked the game so i subscribed today.

At start is kinda dull but as you level up gain more skills and advance into the game everything gets more and more interesting.

• DiendDiend Member Posts: 34

If you're on the pvp server add Diend to your friends list at some point.  Glad you like it, welcome aboard.

Yeah im ona  pvp server, international one. cant recall the name but ill add ya. Im memnok there so ya know.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by lordabbadon

One of the best reviews ive read by a player in mmorpg, very nice.
    And seeing the good and constructive replies by other TCoS players really got me the urge to download the game asap.
    2hrs left on download and im so mmo starved atm.

Hawksmouth is 'dull' (I would say 'simplistic' and 'straight forward' myself ;) ) due to the fact that it is an extended tutorial designed to allow you room to get a firm grip on the new combat system, but you will see that :)

Welcome to Spellborn :)

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977
    Originally posted by vesavius

Hawksmouth is 'dull' (I would say 'simplistic' and 'straight forward' myself ;) ) due to the fact that it is an extended tutorial designed to allow you room to get a firm grip on the new combat system, but you will see that :)

What I find amusing is how people feel the need to forewarn people about the starter zone, the area designated to give a general feeling of the game, the area they designed to specifically encourage people trying it out to buy their product. And if it's so dull and bland, they obviously failed somewhere, because half of the replies I see about this game are either "it gets better after 10" or "the zones are better after Hawksmouth" -- why on earth is there a need to go around having those two sentences ready to be pasted at any point in time? why would a developer force their players to do that? and why DO do you do it?

if the game is half as good as you guys think it is then why are you, the customer, having to promote, and justify the horrible design of the first portion of the game? a game that all it's fan say is an amazing game have to run around telling people before those people get ingame, "hey man, fair warning, it's bland, dull, and not really too exciting. it might pick up at level 10, but the population is pretty bad, too."

by the way, how's that population looking now past 10? is it looking like a game in beta should? or does it feel more like a game that's been out for years and is on the slow decline (think DAoC, AC, etc) like it did the first month of beta?

[mod edit]

• momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555

I have a bieft -- what's with all these players saying the game gets more fun once out of the starter area -- shouldn't the game draw you in right away?  Why have to wait for it to get better.   Some people don't have the patience or are skeptic about it getting the better...

And a note -- the combat system is not different or unique.... it's kinda twitched based... games have been using that system for almost 15 years now.  The combat is boring and dull....  it needs a beef up I'd say.

Originally posted by Synthetick

What I find amusing is how people feel the need to forewarn people about the starter zone

I don't think I 'forwarned' anyone about anything...

I think I said it was simplisitc and straight forward because it was an extended tutorial.

Both of these things are GREAT things to be in a newbie zone imo.

[ mod edit ]

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039
    Originally posted by momodig

I have a bieft -- what's with all these players saying the game gets more fun once out of the starter area -- shouldn't the game draw you in right away?  Why have to wait for it to get better.   Some people don't have the patience or are skeptic about it getting the better...

And a note -- the combat system is not different or unique.... it's kinda twitched based... games have been using that system for almost 15 years now.  The combat is boring and dull....  it needs a beef up I'd say.

I think hawksmouth is done pretty poorly tbh, its not a good selling point to have players run around killing the same 3 creatures over and over. as well as that, there needs to be more emphasis on itemisation straight away, a lot of people complain about getting to level 8 and seeing no upgrades, which is a very fair point.

Thank you, yeah the starter region is boring but after that it got more exiting even the combat got more intense than in the strat.

Just reached lvl 11 thinking on what house to select, think im going for maul.

Only thing thats a bit dull as ive noticed is that local chat is mostly quiet, not all the time but mostly.

Good thing ive seen an increas of players each day me like alot.

And 3rd looking for a good guild on Deiquonril server(EU)

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

Dang this game had me hooked from the tutorial on the ship.  I have tried a lot of games lately and few have kept me involved past the first few levels.  This might be the big sleeper of the year. 

Originally posted by Synthetick

What I find amusing is how people feel the need to forewarn people about the starter zone

I don't think I 'forwarned' anyone about anything...

I think I said it was simplisitc and straight forward because it was an extended tutorial.

Both of these things are GREAT things to be in a newbie zone imo.

[ mod edit ]

withdrawn

Originally posted by avalon1000

Dang this game had me hooked from the tutorial on the ship.  I have tried a lot of games lately and few have kept me involved past the first few levels.  This might be the big sleeper of the year. 

With the right promotion and public awareness, I agree :)

Thank you, yeah the starter region is boring but after that it got more exiting even the combat got more intense than in the strat.

Just reached lvl 11 thinking on what house to select, think im going for maul.

Only thing thats a bit dull as ive noticed is that local chat is mostly quiet, not all the time but mostly.

Good thing ive seen an increas of players each day me like alot.

And 3rd looking for a good guild on Deiquonril server(EU)

well, meh to maul...

everyone knows the cool kids hang at Rune ;)

well, meh to maul...

well i dont like to be mainstream, tho doing the maul quest line last night for several hours was a pain but yet very amusing at times. atlast some quests with intrigues and such and not hack and slach all the time.

and i cant find those nutts :(

well, meh to maul...

well i dont like to be mainstream, tho doing the maul quest line last night for several hours was a pain but yet very amusing at times. atlast some quests with intrigues and such and not hack and slach all the time.

and i cant find those nutts :(

Once again, I apologise to you Lord if my "meh Maul..." comment offended in any way. It was meant to be a playful joke and definitly not an attempt to start a flamewar.

I have just recieved another warning over it, so I wanted to make clear the tone in which i said it.

• TammzinTammzin Member Posts: 38

Keep going Vesavius, don't let them get to you! I really enjoy these reviews and it would be a shame to lose them because some people are over sensitive. Where is the level 30 review though??

hehe I won't Tammzin.

I restarted with a new character after falling outta love with my WG at 26 and also have a new job, so it's taken a little longer to get him up there, but Im now at 27 so it shouldnt be too long :)

• SubL_JediSubL_Jedi Member UncommonPosts: 75

Great review just made me start downloading the game seems like fun!

Now Playing: Guild Wars 2/ Diablo 3

• BlaebaerBlaebaer Member UncommonPosts: 9

Yeah, good work on the reviews. A good read. It's actually what got me trying the game in the first place a few days ago. Keep up the good work. =)

Cheers!

• ludiseludise Member Posts: 6

Hey, I have been playing on the EU realms with my 7/2 Wrathguard and I have decided to change to the US realms instead. For the simple fact that the EU realms is totally DEAD. I will prolly join Dorzhan, and my char name will be Banjver. I'm downloading the client right now. But later on, tomorrow, maybe you can add me to your friend's list or something?

(P.S I would very much like to join your guild when I hit L8.)

Cya!

EDIT: Spelling.

• MagiknightMagiknight Member CommonPosts: 782

I played this game until lvl 7.  I did maybe 20 quests.  I can't imagine it being any easier.  Me and a group of 4 ran around and killed everything in sight for a half hour straight.  This was in the beginning area, of course.  I was bored with it after that and quit.

Originally posted by Magiknight

I played this game until lvl 7.  I did maybe 20 quests.  I can't imagine it being any easier.  Me and a group of 4 ran around and killed everything in sight for a half hour straight.  This was in the beginning area, of course.  I was bored with it after that and quit.

So you quit because the extended tutorial was easy?

btw, how did you fit 5 in a group? and you made L7 in 30 mins on your first character?

lol ok, hope you enjoy your next game more :)

Originally posted by ludise

Hey, I have been playing on the EU realms with my 7/2 Wrathguard and I have decided to change to the US realms instead. For the simple fact that the EU realms is totally DEAD. I will prolly join Dorzhan, and my char name will be Banjver. I'm downloading the client right now. But later on, tomorrow, maybe you can add me to your friend's list or something?
    (P.S I would very much like to join your guild when I hit L8.)
    Cya!
    EDIT: Spelling.

I play as Gorgon with the guild Radiance, send me a tell :)

• TammzinTammzin Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by SubL_Jedi

Great review just made me start downloading the game seems like fun!

It is, give me a shout in game under the same name if you need help. I'm pretty casual, and don't claim to be expert, but I'm in no rush to level either so I'm glad to hang out and do stuff I have already done

• Miner-2049erMiner-2049er Member Posts: 435

Vesavius you are right. and your review is great.

I don't know if anyone reads long threads apart from the OP, but I agree with you 100%.

I'd say 'hi' in game, but I'm playing on the European servers. Still, it's weird because the game has attracted a superb community over this side of the Atlantic too. Even the zone chat in the newbie area was polite and friendly.

I love the fact the game is going in its own direction compared to lots of MMOs, and I'm pleased others are enjoying it.