Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What made you quit WoW?

12346»

Comments

• OtomoxOtomox Member UncommonPosts: 303

Faction PVP + solo mmorpg till end level. And end level its just boring raiding nothing more and the world isnt changing like in other games there guild decision can change the server in wow its always the same.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Realizing what I truly was doing: farming for better gear so I could farm for even better gear... It was all just an infinite loop for getting better gear. Realizing that kind of killed the point of the game entirely so I just quit.

• DevourDevour Member Posts: 902

Did no one else realise the sheer necromancy on this thread?

• AhilesAhiles Member Posts: 414

Why necro a thread 3 years old?  Bloody wow hating monkeys on this site are just crazy.  Simple fact is they cant find a mmo or any game they can stick with for more than 2 weeks so they just constatly find a new way to start wow hating threads.  Fuucking pathetic this site has become.

• Tim_BraidTim_Braid Member UncommonPosts: 36

All games teach. What does World of Warcraft teach us?

World of Warcraft says:

* You are a schlub who has nothing better to do than sit around performing repetitive, mindless actions.

* Skill and shrewdness do not count for much; what matters is how much time you sink in.

* You don’t need to do anything exceptional, because to feel good you just need to run the treadmill like everyone else.

Jonathan Blow

health.groups.yahoo.com/group/WoW_Detox/

• AhilesAhiles Member Posts: 414
    Originally posted by Tim_Braid

World of Warcraft says:

* You are a schlub who has nothing better to do than sit around performing repetitive, mindless actions.

* Skill and shrewdness do not count for much; what matters is how much time you sink in.

* You don’t need to do anything exceptional, because to feel good you just need to run the treadmill like everyone else.

Jonathan Blow

God damn weirdo.

• lttexxanlttexxan Member UncommonPosts: 429

I quit paying the monthly subscription and they canceled access to my account. Who knew....those uncaring...unfeeling bastards.

It's better to lurk in forums and be thought a fool...than to endlessly "Quote" and remove all doubts.

Originally posted by Ahiles

World of Warcraft says:

Jonathan Blow

God damn weirdo.

Just because you can't handle the truth doesn't mean you have to resort to childish name calling.

• lttexxanlttexxan Member UncommonPosts: 429

Jonathan Blow

World of Warcraft says:

God damn weirdo.

Just because you can't handle the truth doesn't mean you have to resort to childish name calling.

You need me out there on that wall...every night so you can sleep...you sir...can't handle the truth!

It's better to lurk in forums and be thought a fool...than to endlessly "Quote" and remove all doubts.

• rafaelrehnrafaelrehn Member Posts: 235
    Originally posted by lttexxan

Jonathan Blow

World of Warcraft says:

God damn weirdo.

You need me out there on that wall...every night so you can sleep...you sir...can't handle the truth!

I loved Top Gun

• OmgfossilOmgfossil Member Posts: 1

The repetative quests/grinding honor/grinding rating eventually took too much of a strain for my likings

• 1-8-71-8-7 Member Posts: 74

god borred of doing the same thing over and over to level my character.

• Mister_BitMister_Bit Member Posts: 47

I quit because of the community too, got fed up of every channel full of lamers and chuck norris, added to that every time I got to within sight of level cap they upped it.

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep. ~Navajo Proverb

• rafaelrehnrafaelrehn Member Posts: 235
    Originally posted by Mister_Bit

I quit because of the community too, got fed up of every channel full of lamers and chuck norris, added to that every time I got to within sight of level cap they upped it.

Lol loser

• logangregorlogangregor Member Posts: 1,524

Originally posted by Inktomi
     Real life.
    I quit right before TBC was released and lucky for me. I was raiding and pvping full time about 40+ hours a week and holding a full time job. I was neglecting my real life friendships, until some friends got fed up and bumrushed my apartment, who ripped out my keyboard and mouse. That night I went to my buddies bachelor party where I confessed I was an addict.
        1 week later a pretty blonde stopped by with my keyboard and mouse, I was excited until I found out she was there to uninstall wow. I refused but she gave me an ultimatum of it was her going to do it or some of the guys that she knew that were bikers. I let her right away, it was the smartest thing I've ever done.
    I play some mmo's casually now, I know that I get left behind on alot of stuff. However, what I can do with that extra 30-40 hours per week is no comparison to what I can do ingame. I go to the gym, have a social life, family time , full time job and a full time student; Needless to say my plate is full. 

Thats great. You got some good friends.
    Some people who "ACT" like friends wouldnt even bother.

Im at the stage with MMOs in general that I "Remember" them being fun...so I think Im going to have fun. But then I play and I dont have fun.

I notice that alot of games have the same round and round that WoW does.
    1-LvL to pvp
    2-More time spent for gear so I can compete in pvp
    3-Finally get to pvp and then....I took to long doing 1 and 2 and so Im undergeared again. Rinse and repeat 2

All that to do what I want?

Currently giving spellborn a shot (skill based, not lvl/gear based game)

Originally posted by lttexxan

Jonathan Blow

World of Warcraft says:

God damn weirdo.

What does this suppose to mean? Is this a quote from the movie Top Gun?

Originally posted by rafaelrehn

Originally posted by Mister_Bit

Lol loser

*sigh*

Typical WoW player, when will the children ever learn.

• NovalithNovalith Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by Jenuviel

For me, it was due to the way the gamplay changed. From 1-58, I had a fairly good time. I moved along, doing my own things, trying the occasional alt, et cetera. I primarily soloed, because that's what I like to do, and the game seemed to offer an almost unprecedented support of that play style.

It all seemed made for me, since I enjoy the sense of progression I get from improving character skills, reputations, levels, all of that "ding" stuff, and I like being able to go at my own pace when I do it; WoW had all of that. The problem was that, once I got to about 58, I started to look at what the next phase of the game would be for me. Raiding and PvP. That was it. Nothing else. I don't enjoy either of those things, and  I got whiplash from the very swift and very radical change of direction the game took. That was it for me.

To be fair, there aren't a whole lot of games I can think of with different endgames, just games with a lesser focus on it. Raiding and PvP seem to be the only player-retention solutions anyone can come up with in the modern era, and the majority of gamers seem to be/are perfectly happy with those things. That sucks for me, because I'm apparently in a category all by myself; I'm not at all motivated by competition (PvP), and I'm not at all interested in grouping. I like guilds, I like chatting with people and generally being social, but I like to be on my own when it comes to character advancement.

What it comes down to, though is that my primary motivation comes from ''growing'' my character. Crafting is a nice distraction, people are nice scenery and conversation partners, but I lose interest immediately if there's no enjoyable way for me to continue my character's evolution. Once you reach the level cap in any game these days, your options for character improvement seem to be universally tied to large group activities or player conflict. Such is the life of a solo carebear, one of the most hated demographics on any MMO forum. Yay for me. ;)

I realized this around level 30, about 3 months after the game came out.  I don't have the time to dedicate to raiding, which means I couldn't get good gear.  Of course I did not expect Blizzard to take away the raid gear so I quit.  I love blizzard, they are one of my principle stocks right now, but this game is not for me.

• SurfriderSurfrider Member UncommonPosts: 302

Locked:  Raising humans for an army of zombies is ok, raising dead topics not so much.

This discussion has been closed.