Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome Back Week! - (Lotro free to play for old accounts April 24th - April 30th, 2009)

It’s our birthday, it is! Come celebrate our 2nd anniversary! We'd like to welcome you back for an extended week of free gameplay from April 24th - April 30th, 2009*. In addition, there is a +25% bonus experience boost on mob kills for everyone playing on those days!**

• Play your old characters for free!
  • Get a 25% experience bonus all week long**
  • Defeat monsters throughout Middle-earth that will drop rare items when defeated. Exchange these items for a special gift box that will reward you with a variety of in-game items to aid you in your adventures.
  • Plus! Take advantage of the special anniversary subscription offer and enjoy preciousss savings! Play LOTRO for $9.99 per month!***

Link

----------
"Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

Comments

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Very nice! I hope they make one for EU aswell :)

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• PoPfyrenPoPfyren Member Posts: 19

if this goes for EU aswell am defenatly gonna try

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by Papadam

I don't know if thoes goes for the EU, that would upto codemasters.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• PoPfyrenPoPfyren Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

I don't know if thoes goes for the EU, that would upto codemasters.

it dossent seem like it :(

• billiebillie Member UncommonPosts: 400

over 17,500 files to patch & update, should take about 12 hrs @ 60KBps, about 12GB size folder (w/o expansions).

• sarahstewartsarahstewart Member Posts: 68

I think this is a great thing for them to do since it will bring back some more players, Shame they are not doing it for the euros right now.

• astrob0yastrob0y Member Posts: 702

Bah! We EU users got a mail that said "Get LOTRO for $9.99 - Anniversary Celebration!‏"

And I felt like; fhuk this! Why does the US player get a free week while us EU player wont. Dosent we all contribute with cash with our subscriptions? Thats not fair and someone should be punished. Then I remember that the world isnt fair and I dont do well in my nerdrage.

I7@4ghz, 5970@ 1 ghz/5ghz, water cooled||Former setups Byggblogg||Byggblogg 2|| Msi Wind u100

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102
    Originally posted by astrob0y

Bah! We EU users got a mail that said "Get LOTRO for $9.99 - Anniversary Celebration!‏"
    And I felt like; fhuk this! Why does the US player get a free week while us EU player wont. Dosent we all contribute with cash with our subscriptions? Thats not fair and someone should be punished. Then I remember that the world isnt fair and I dont do well in my nerdrage.

The US and EU gets different offers. We had a welcome back week a couple of months ago.

Atleast we have stable servers in Europe :)

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• sarahstewartsarahstewart Member Posts: 68

The US and EU gets different offers. We had a welcome back week a couple of months ago.

Atleast we have stable servers in Europe :)

hehe lol thats true :P

• WisebutCruelWisebutCruel Member Posts: 1,089

I live in NA, played on the NA servers, and received the $9.99 Anniversary offer in my e-mail yesterday.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Sorry EU people, blame codemasters.

----------

How are you?" -Me