Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interesting....BH working for the Republic

TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Threat of peace was interesting this time around. Wookiee working for the Imperials? Bounty hunters working for the Republic? interesting..... So maybe just because a Bounty hunter is factionaly aligned at first, doesn’t mean he has to stay that way. I hope the comic is dropping hints like I suspect it is.

SWG Bloodfin vet
Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Comments

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

I agree but as someone on the TOR forums pointed out to me, it could be showing the REASON why bounty hunters will NOT be Republic at all... they can't be trusted... the republic even has to try and blow up the bounty hunter to try and preserve the fragile peace that has just been signed.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Choices mater in TOR keep that in mind! They did hint at that once in a Dev blog. I suspect these are the twists they are hoping for, keeps us guessing up to the end. What if BH begin to despise the Republic now and up to the end of the comic you suspect that they do hate the Republic and would never work for them ever. But then, you become a BH in TOR, and your story arc lead you down a road where YOU can make the choice for yourself, to take that job from the Republic agent?

So eventually we will end up with Imperial BH, and republic BH, but in the beginning they all start out Imp. Kinda like in SWG how all Jedi pre-cu started out Rebel since the Empire hunted and kiled Jedi, but after Padawan you could take the light or darkside. All BH could hunt any faction Jedi, the were no alliances there, and a lot of Rebel BH did hunt their own faction and visa versa. Expect the unexpected.

SWG Bloodfin vet

I hope so... options and choices, that's what a game like this should be all about...

Perhaps... you have to finish your Class stories completely before it may be possible to switch over? If you've already completed the class specific quest line which were written achored to whichever faction, once you're free of that quest line a player can join the other side? Just a hypothesis...

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

No idea, but that’s the speculation they like I suspect. It'll be funny to go back after the game launches and see some of the ideas theories we came up with for TOR xD I really don’t care about side switching, though I think it would be cool, even if some classes were factionaly aligned, you could still work for the other side if you chose to.

SWG Bloodfin vet

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Interesting and yes choices do matter. I can just see people deleting characters because they made the wrong choice. ;)

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

This comic would seem to imply that there can be Republic bounty hunters and Imperial/Sith wookies.  

You'd think that the writers are talking to Bioware who would approve the content.   This is either showing us a preview or it's just plain confused and badly planned.  

Originally posted by Alienovrlord

This comic would seem to imply that there can be Republic bounty hunters and Imperial/Sith wookies.  
    You'd think that the writers are talking to Bioware who would approve the content.   This is either showing us a preview or it's just plain confused and badly planned.  

The writer of the comic is the the lead writer on TOR. Rob Chestney. He's dropping hints all along the way.  :-p

"The Old Republic time frame is ripe for creating epic, galaxy-spanning storylines with provocative moral themes,” says Rob Chestney. “Not only will readers get a preview of the game, they’ll also meet some of the game’s most compelling characters.”"

SWG Bloodfin vet

• VrazuleVrazule Member Posts: 1,095

Dawg the Bouny Hunter is a good guy, why couldn't others be good?  Don't confuse the profession with the person.  People are either good or evil, not their jobs.

With PvE raiding, it has never been a question of being "good enough". I play games to have fun, not to be a simpering toady sitting through hour after hour of mind numbing boredom and fawning over a guild master in the hopes that he will condescend to reward me with shiny bits of loot. But in games where those people get the highest progression, anyone who doesn't do that will just be a moving target for them and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay money for the privilege. - Neanderthal

• DistasteDistaste Member UncommonPosts: 665
    Originally posted by Alienovrlord

No, it is showing us that the BH can't be trusted and thus why the Republic doesn't use them. Read the comic again. The Republic wants the BH to stop because if his mission is successful it will break the peace treaty they just signed. Since the BH was going to kill the wookie anyway for another bounty they had to stop him because it would look like the Republic did it even though they cancelled the contract.

As far as Sith wookies...who knows. That wookie might just be a high level NPC and it is foreshadowing him in the game instead of implying that wookies are a playable class.

• John.A.ZoidJohn.A.Zoid Member Posts: 1,531

If I can't be a lone Bounty Hunter that isn't tied to a faction then I wont be playing.

Originally posted by John.A.Zoid

If I can't be a lone Bounty Hunter that isn't tied to a faction then I wont be playing.

Well what if you are tied to a faction but don't have to play by their rules? Might make things interesting. Sounds like factions will be kinda lose. You never know who the real enemy is.

SWG Bloodfin vet

Originally posted by tillamook

Well what if you are tied to a faction but don't have to play by their rules? Might make things interesting. Sounds like factions will be kinda lose. You never know who the real enemy is.

Indeed... there is supposedly a lot of moral ambiguity no matter which of the two factions your classes is based with.  Ultimately, it's your choices that will define you, not your faction.

Originally posted by DeaconX

Originally posted by tillamook

Indeed... there is supposedly a lot of moral ambiguity no matter which of the two factions your classes is based with.  Ultimately, it's your choices that will define you, not your faction.

And see, that's the kind of thing I've been waiting for in an MMO for years. Why should I be stuck doing "bad guy" stuff just because I have that tag? It was kinda that way back in the old SWG days, but only from a player standpoint. The game did not recognize the fact that you wanted to be friends with a rebel when you happened to be Imp.

SWG Bloodfin vet