Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For new & would-be players: systems and elements of Atlantica.

MorpgeusMorpgeus Member UncommonPosts: 59

Hi there good folk,

Played 45+ MMORPG so far. Does not ever mean I am right; I may have a bit of context ;).

In Atlantica, the start of the game nearly made me uninstall 3x in first 5 days. Took me nearly a week to get to lvl 5. I was unimpressed. Weak front end, in my view.

Then I got it.

Oh boy, but all the systems in this game. At first I only noticed (do not even register it anymore and it is in fact quite handy) a scrolling advert-text (personal, not game-initiated). Did not like it.

Then I suddenly noticed various menus. Could not make too much of many of them but lots of info and things to do apparently. I got into it enough to get through the newbie area, liked the boss fights. Went to Beijing, got interested in all the town things you can do. Did the quests there then went over the Great Wall of China to Shanghai and well to make a long story short…I am level 97 and never had more fun in the game than right now.

I have never seen a better tested more extensive (at launch) game so far. EQ2 and CoX and such are about as diverse but…count the updates. They have been at it for 4 years. This game is about half a year old.

New patch today, 622MB.

Oh and if they screw up with their opening estimate, at least they got a sense of humor about it: ‘Maintenance on April. 21 [Extended Extension Extended]’.

Just fyi (so you know I am not just theorizing) I am at 77% wins in the Free League. I was never, ever, and still am not a PvP oriented person but in this game you have no risk/losses from duelling in the (have to apply; it’s 100% consensual) server-inititiated (semi)random-enemy (or challenges for that matter) FL battles. They are a fun diversion and oh boy, do they pay off in both rewards and learning.

Mind you I am not a phat loot kinda guy but I cannot deny the usefulness of a full set of good armor, rings, weapons, and most of all skills and such (magic skills essential, also to melee toons). I care not for xp gold or levels but I like progress…and would rather stay alive.

So, here is a list, hopefully of some interest for peeps who want to know just what you find in the game. My problem is I can list what I can think of (it will be far from complete) but I cannot explain them all.

There are just too many; post is long enough as it is.

So ask for specific info - that is why I number them. Hopefully someone will answer your query :).

Let me explain one essential thing at some length.

The game has a pretty bad ‘front end’ because you cannot customize much in your look, nor do the surroundings appear to be very captivating.

But…

In a specific game I will not name I could spend hours on making a face/body and had virtually no choice in what my character could actually do (class, skills, etc).

Lack of character choices: I am in fact in a major beta right now where this is also true.

I always say the last thing I want to play is a human (try that every day in RL) and the last place I want to play is Earth (since I have been there).

Now for the good part.

This game gives a very high diversity/complexity in your actual abilities. Different ‘main’ character types (quite a few and growing). Different skills (Staff: Nuke and/or Heal and more). Then you have 8 mercenaries when you’ve ‘grown up’. Team of 9. Simple basic abilities for each of them…but do the math on 9x small skillset vs 1x more extensive. Keep in mind you get new merctypes you can replace for others.

Then: a world is a living thing; you have to get into it. This is most certainly true of Atlantica. Once you run from Paris to London and see things like the Channel Tunnel you will know what I mean.

I have two favorite games MMORPG for combat: CoX; this is not a clickfest. Even the simplest combat is partially unpredictable (random enemy reactions etc.).

Atlantica Online: turn-based and you have to play this to know how it works I think. Even to a HOMM player I cannot quite explain. But it is free to play (never spent more money on a game yet, actually, but you do not need to spend a dime!).

I just like to encourage good dev teams - and I like my Snow Tiger :p.

So - a short list of things Atlantica has. What I can tell you is that virtually nothing is quite the same as in other MMORPG.

1) All kinds of mythologies and themes combined; several thousand BC to around 1850 or so AD.

2) One major interconnected solo quest arc all through the game, with side quests.

3) Walk from Vancouver through Europe to Tokyo. Or TP of course :).

4) Quite a few different and unique (Hell Horse, Mercury rider) mounts; no quests for them (buy-only atm; in-game or otherwise).

5) Max party size = 3, and you only have to party for Shadow Dungeons (special mercenary questlines mostly; like 22 quests for your Exorcist, archangel Michael).

6) Tutorial quests persistent throughout game I got one at 90+ taught me something very useful.

7) Guild and Nation (combined guilds) systems.

8) Guild and Nation Dungeons.

9) Individual Dungeons (level 90+ is the first one; there are 4) where you have to turn OFF 3 of your mercs.

10) Fame Points and Battle Points linked to FL system.

11) Pointry in Rome/Bazaar will let you turn in riding points, collection points, batttle points, and many more.

12) Referral points.

13) Mentor points (reward not implemented yet).

14) Give-random-gift-to-beginner system (get xp I think).

15) Stamina system (each combat costs 1 Stam but you get a lot back and can get it as reward etc.). You can in fact reduce cost to 0.5 or even 0.33 Stam if you party.

16) Mail system with max of 1 attachment/mail.

17) Sometimes the Devs give out presents.

18) License system: Patrol License, Health Check Lic, Teleport, Auto-Battle - too many to mention.

19) Travel system between cities (must have been to once to use).

20) Willpower system - you can use Will for many things and it slowly regenerates.

21) Food & Drink will give back health/mana instantly. 10 Will/use though.

22) Crafting system where you do not have any workstations but get ingredients and work off your ‘workload’ by fighting or auto-crafting or reading books (requires Will).

23) Info Sharing system: share Crafting info (when you get a level, need to get a teacher to actually get it) and Monster Info.

24) Monster Info Sharing: Basic info (gives atk/def bonus 10%), Location info (gives auto-move-to ability) and Item info (increase drop amount but not drop %)

25) Auto-Move: click quest, click auto-move: game walks you to detination.

26) Quest Arrow: points to where you want to go. You don’t want to auto-move in busy dungeons 8-).

27) City menu allowing you to visit many things without running around. Rome is the exception.

28) Rome: capital of the world, talk to Caesar to start a nation. Divided into 5 districts. Can TP there after level 20.

29) Challenge System (can set up PvP challenge; private or public).

30) Betting system in Rome (talk to Maximus; put money on say Joan of Arc or Michelangelo - observe the fights to see them go at it).

31) Rent-a-merc system in Rome.

32) Free League semi-random (Divisions) opponent system with excellent rewards and 2 major setups: manual and control-main-only.

33) Auto-Battle system: if you have the license and have fought manual combats, can let the game handle some of your more simple fights for a bit. Ideal if you are in group and have to go AFK - your team keeps fighting. With luck, your fellows heal you ;).

34) Enchant: combine 2x +3 weapon to get a +4 etc. Max level = +10 so need 1024 +0 items for that unless you get a lucky break (rare).

35) Durability system.

36) Enhance system: go to Vulcanus in Rome to ask him to Enhance your item to the next level. This is kind of 50/50 I think (not sure on exact %’s).

37) Redo charlook system (in Rome).

38) Redo charclass system - have to use Secret Vial of Amnesia.

39) Prestige Class system - only 1 so far: a lvl 100 can start lvl 1 Maniac (PowerSaw; don’t even ask).

40) Magic Skills system - 1 skill point/level. Max skill level = 60. Game goes to lvl 120 (so far; used to be 100).

That was 40 without thinking. Let me see if I can do that again. But not in this post! Maybe later I will add some. Depends on reactions 8-)

Enough for now. Holler to Muzzlepuzzle on the Argos Server (Harmony Nation) if you get there and want a Mentor or just info.

Good luck,

Lucas

PS Cut post in 2; 60 more items in my Reply to this post.

* I say, there is no
* darkness but ignorance.
-
* Twelfth-night; or, What You Will

Comments

• MorpgeusMorpgeus Member UncommonPosts: 59

Ok let’s do a few more.

41) Bonus points system: each level 1 Bonus Point = one (random…expensive to fix) stat increase by using Growth Vials.

42) Riding point system where you trade in low-level mounts to get a higher-level mount.

43) Collection point system where you put mounts in Mount Book and get Collection points that you can exchange for items etc. (‘When I have all the horses in the world I will start collecting cars’ - that trader is nuts :p).

44) Bonus Potential system where you can unlock max 30 bonus points per merc (or main). Truth be told for some mercs this is pointless (not enough different skills).

45) Level 100 quests for unique new main-only skill.

46) Main-only major skills in Magic/Melee/Ranged types.

47) Upgrade system for mercs: level 20/50/80/100 you upgrade them. Need specific items to do so. Will change their look and abilities.

48) You can rename your mercs (buy cheapo Blue Quill).

49) You can Store mercs in (perma or temp) Merc Rooms.

50) You can exchange mercs (up to 3 max; choice from max_4) in battle (not in PvP though).

51) Life Potions get your defeated mercs back in action. Cannot use in combat.

52) LDP = Long Distance Party. Get bonus xp from being in party even if far apart. Small xp books too.

53) Wandering NPC’s roam the Earth in 3 types. Craft teachers is one.

54) Another NPC type wandering are Citizens (who might enter a town and start selling stuff) that you can persuade to go to your guild’s town. They give xp if they get there and pay taxes. And leave, if you let them ;).

55) Wandering Mercenaries finally; you have to give a Greeting (level 30+ this) and then win one over by giving presents.

56) Gamble system: DeMere in Rome may give you a much better type of equipment if you give boxes to him. Or he may give nothing.

57) Box Random Drop system: many items are gained from opening boxes: you can pick & choose for some, get semi-random drops from others. Cannot open more than 350/day or so. That is a lot though.

58) 2 Dungeons just for Rings that only your main toon can use.

59) Guild Crafting.

60) Town Building.

61) Town raising 8-).

62) Bidding system: every 12 days you have to put up Guild Points (GP) to keep the town you have. Others may outbid you.

63) Town Quests: they give GP.

64) Some quests give Nation Points.

65) Training Center where your guild can do Training Runs (basically; whack critters but they increase in level) to get Guild Points.

66) Warehouse in Rome (sort of a bank).

67) Sparring Center in Rome (practise your skills vs. AI controlled merc teams).

68) Scrolls Potions Rings Weapons Armor Mats Books Food Drink Pets Ammo Charms Guardian Stones Cultural Boxes Treasure Maps and a zillion things I cannot mention.

69) Yes there is a market. Works well.

70) Where-is-that-darn-NPC system: go to Bucharest, Livingston: for 1000 gold (not much) he tells you where that pesky NPC is.

71) Cultural Boxes: get box (rare reward) go to Howard. Open box: he will appraise the item. If it is worth anything, you can trade in the item (got 1 hour).

72) Treasure Maps: use map (diff types) get coords (can be anywhere in world for some types) have to get there in 5 mins because then the box appears (have to attack it; can be stolen - but this is rare) and it only stays for 1 minute.

73) Town Control: guilds can control most towns (not Rome). They set tax rates and such, so one town may have a much higher market-cut rate than another, but better banking % (unlikely; the very few greedy guilds are usually greedy across the board).

74) Artisan Location system where you can easily find peeps to teach you crafting. Post craft-level 50 some get unwilling to teach. Find the NPC or a friendly person 8-).

75) Mentor System where the mentor gets points for having an apprentice. Mind you I think the mentors should get duties as well. Too easy to fool a newbie. Fun system though (apprentice reaches 30 = you get 200k gold).

76) Guild Chat Nation Chat Party Chat Peer Chat etc. Peers can be the renowned ‘let’s pick a pointless fight’ place but they are all close to your level (that is how the channel works; you see a level or a few above/below you only) and likely to be on same quests etc.

77) Title Quests: 4 peeps near Athens give you all kinds of horrible (think: badges) quests to get Titles that then, most of them, give very nice temporary (usable once/day for 10 mins to 1 hour I think) bufs.

78) Combo system, including main-combo. You do a particular skill, someone else does a specific skill afterward: special improved combo-skill kicks in. Fun.

79) Age system: after 1 year of real time your mercs will grow old (and useless if I get it right).

80) Independent Merc system: before that year is over, you will easily get a merc up to level 100, and then you can (do not have to) dismiss them. You send them nice letters, they ask for presents, they give things in return.

81) Sealing system: enchant something to +7: it is sealed. Can trade, but not use. If you do use it - can no longer sell it. I used some +7 items. Only way to sell later was to enchant to +8 (sealed again). On the bright side: just sold one for 79 million. Crappy prices these days ;).

82) Upgrading your mercs will alter their abilities. At level 20, your Shaman will heal a full row; your Archer silence a full row.

83) War system: if Nations (you do not need to be in one) go to War horrible things can happen. I like the peace we have.

84) King’s Judgement system: sounds odd; a Guild Leader can try to whack someone and take an item (not your mount or something like that though). But in effect it is mostly used to kill bots & macroers :D.

85) Did I mention you have to solo the solo-quest boss fights? You get a nice timer, too (5 minutes). Do not dally! Can do all other quests with friends though (well fighting quests that is).

86) Item Mall where you can get all types of items for real life money. I am not saying you should use it. Just saying it is there. You can get boxes that you then transfer to a character in-game for instance. The drop will be random (from most boxes). If you do not like the result, you mostly can choose something useful as alternative (but not quite up there with Armed Mount). I would say some things like Perma Inventory License (I have 4) are rather expensive at 15 dollars/each. Some other items are nice-price.

87) Major updates to the game we are getting the 3rd one today I think. These are not small affairs they introduce whole continents, dungeons, cities, NPC’s etc.

88) Bonus loot system in Free League: there is a small chance you actually (apart from all other rewards which are significant) get a (+0; existing bonus will disappear) bonus (duplicate; owner loses nothing) item off of a dead opponent’s mercenary in the FL.

89) Auction House: Sotheby’s in Rome allows you to auction (different from market) specific items.

90) Barter house in town gives specific items.

91) Hospital will cure your mercs or sell medicine, etc.

92) Trade Posts allow you to buy/sell & make a tidy profit.

93) Inventory bonususus if you are in a guild, and more if your guild runs a town (quickslots 2 basic, 3 with guild, 5 with town).

94) In-game Guild Ad system where you can find a guild to your liking.

95) Personal Ads system where you pay a small amount to get your text in-screen.

96) Set-up-shop system where you can just offer items for sale on your person that others can buy - can set an Ad text floating over your head.

97) Observation system where you get rewards (do not need to fight; this is unrelated to arena betting btw) for just watching FL battles. Max 10 rewards/day.

98) Goncourt is an NPC that walks around lets you trade one type of book for another type of book. Too much to get into - at any time of day he will have an interesting following. I once Goncourted for 3 days.

99) Weekly Championship system. Also as of today, the Titan server allows peeps from all servers to come over there and ‘meet’ (think it is more: whack; not sure though!).

100) Goonzu world. Hell’s bell’s they just put it in I have no clue what it even does but a) theme park b) NPC’s to get quests from c) tokens as reward to do in Goonzu World whatever the hell it is you do in Goonzu world. 90+ I think.

There, 100 elements/systems. If that does not do it I give up.

I could probably think of another 100 but who wants to think on a Wednesday :).

Again, look me up as Muzzlepuzzle on Argos server.

Good luck.

Lucas

PS 101 Skill Decrease system if you muck it up you…argghhg…can’t stop!

* I say, there is no
    -

• dinuriumdinurium Member Posts: 79

Im downloading 2.4 gigs worth of stuff right now.   If I have another 664 mb im gonna be pissed as its taking forever to get this crap.

This will be my first and only free mmo installed so IM hoping its not a waste of my time.   In my head I look at this like Ogre Battle  way back in the day, except better with grouping options  and things I cannot invent in my own head.  So I hope it turns out to be something good.

• BurnRubberBurnRubber Member Posts: 67

personally i think the game is worth the wait(by wait meaning the downloading part)... they have a light client version (around 700mb) but i wont recommend it since someone told me who tried it had more troubles troubles installing it than the bigger file. if your download speed is not that fast i recomment you use the torrent ^_^ anyway, i've been playing this game for almost two months now and im not planning on quitting anytime soon :) the good thing is they recently released a new patch with more features in the game.

• zidane2k3zidane2k3 Member UncommonPosts: 8

In fairness i completely disagree wth what you say about the start of the game. It's not hard to pick up at all. I cleared through 78 levels in the first week and a half of this game (Note this is when it was first released, when it was actually hard to level!!, Then Power Pots and such got thrown about left right and center).. Overall the game is brilliant, the battle system works well and the game does offer a challenge, but it always seems to be lacking something.

Although i quit this game many months ago due to quite a raging arguement with our guilds nation. I feel that given time this game could grow into something amazing. But until it does i don't plan to play. Fires' nation just put me off for the time being.

Keep an eye out of it though, it's gonna be huge.

Hey folks,

Dinu

EQ2 full install around 30GB. This is peanuts...

Keep in mind - the more content the better. I respectfully suggest you do not consider it 'crap' until you test it 8-)

Burn

Torrent, good notion :) - I always tell peeps who have probs with the download (too darn many) to get the Torrent or *at least* make sure you got a good (not the one they offer for free...) download manager. One that picks it up if it breaks off.

Zida

I am happy to hear you say (I would have but my posts were painfully long as it was) that you liked it from the start. Many do and literally race to high levels. I just tried to point out that many others (friends of mine too) seem to think 'Oh darn, no customization (they are used to CoX etc.) and I'm not sure I like this Anime simplicity'. After a few days, they turn around. So I was just trying to make peeps stick with it for a bit.

As for your Nation: seems a pity you would leave because of your Nation's behavior? If my Nation (fat chance; we are named 'Harmony' for a reason...) would start going to war and losing towns and just pestering/griefing peeps, I would leave in 2 seconds flat. But I would not stop playing. Hey can always look us up on Argos!

Thanks for the replies,

Lucas aka Muzzlepuzzle on Argos server.

PS Oh a very important tip: turn OFF your Firewall when installing. This program means it!

PPS Edits by me only for typos/style etc. Never on content.

* I say, there is no
    -

• zidane2k3zidane2k3 Member UncommonPosts: 8

I understand Morp, i was just trying to show that some people will be able to pick the game up alot easier also.

Things is though with my Nations constant fighting with each other!, saw my guild of long time friends, to which we always played MMO's together. Split up and most of them quitting. Seriously silly  Nation they were. Pretty much put me off coming back. So until my friends decide they want to play again, i spend my time searching round for new things to play.

But Aion here i come !.

• dinuriumdinurium Member Posts: 79

I did not use utorrant as I should of.  Total download was a really long time.   Once I got it downloaded I had to search around the official site for a non bugged patcher.   Once I finally got in.   I was sorta pleased with the game.    Keep in mind I have not played any free games ever, so this  seems okay.

I Have not grouped yet, so I dunno.   Things seem a bit odd.   The chat box's do not seem intuitive.   WHy do I have to make a greeting for people to see?    I dont like the timer I have each round.   Im a slow gamer.   I might stare at the tv for 15 seconds... woops there went my round.    Is there a way to turn of the timer for non grouped play?

Whats the number next to my name represent ingame?   I am currently 18?   I asked for h elp using the odd little help function and someone said it was my free league.     Does this mean Im level 18 in free league?

Hey all, 

First tip: *immediately* after you enter the game, go to System/Settings/System (I think) and TURN OFF the Camera Effects. No clue whose idea it was to turn those on by default. Horrible.

Dinu: 

> The chat box's do not seem intuitive.

Make sure you enlarge it (small arrow lower left) - may want to turn off Peers unless you need it (at lower levels; at higher levels public channels are bettter, as per usual).

> Why do I have to make a greeting for people to see?

The game will show peeps who login to others, and give the greeting. The *useful* aspect of this is that many (as you will see or have noticed now) login with a greeting stating the Craft Skills they are able to share. Kinda odd but handy ;)

> I dont like the timer I have each round. Im a slow gamer.

Actually, I'm still not sure if you have more or less time with Battle Animation turned to Very Fast. I turned them to very fast since I am not interested in the animations; I want time to do things.

>I might stare at the tv for 15 seconds... woops there went my round.

Well 30 seconds by the time you have 9 mercs; it increases. Also: Auto-Battle will allow you to just run off and get some coffee. But for manual combats: yes you do have to pay attention. I am inclined to observe that in any real-time game this problem is probably bigger, not smaller. Can you give me the name of (mj)any games where you can get in combat and walk away? That is no criticism mind you - just saying in this game you actually *can* (under a precondition: having AB potential). You will get the hang of it though, I am guessing. Just takes some getting used to.

> Is there a way to turn of the timer for non grouped play?

Not that I know of but you can do 5 Auto-Battles for every 1 Manual. That sure makes things relaxed (in my view).

> Whats the number next to my name represent ingame?

Free League (consensual game-arranged PvP duels in a specific 'Colloseum' area) ranking. You start at 18. Level 20 you can start FL'ing.

>I am currently 18?

And the game will upgrade your Ranking according to your level. There are min-max divisions according to level. For instance, at 97 I can get no lower than Div 8 and no higher than Div 6 (the one I am currently in). The higher Div - the better rewards. Winning *or* losing. You lose no xp or items etc.

> I asked for h elp using the odd little help function and someone said it was my free league. Does this mean Im level 18 in free league?

Yep, answered above :)

If you can live with the timer (took me a bit of time too; sometimes I still miss an action since I am sometimes - not very often - moving around and that takes time.; I mean moving on the battlefield, exchanging positions that is) I would say you are pretty much well on your way. It will get much better as you get along a bit. More diversity, and you will soon get more insight and feel less 'click for action quickly' pressure. Note that you will never have to use more than 5  mercs in one round; that is the max.

Best of luck,

Lucas aka Muzzlepuzzle on the Argos server.

* I say, there is no
    -

• vonkeitzvonkeitz Member Posts: 166

Morpgeus you have a nice thread here.. this will be a lot of help for players of atlantica specially newbies and this will also caught other people attention by reading this (only if they are patient in reading ).

i really like this game at first im not into it that much but as the game goes on it keeps on getting better. and it makes it even better for the new updates, new features added, items and events. im still looking forward to more updates of this game.

• jingshunjingshun Member Posts: 1

bump :D

• ReanemeikoReanemeiko Member Posts: 183

The graphics of the game was improving.. and they released additional system like Titan server and mounts but I'm still waiting for the housing system, i just hope that it won't cause another bugs like what happended in the titan server... since housing system needs a big preparation...thanks for the information and experience you shared in this thread.. it really help everyone a lot... and im still enjoying the game specially now that there's a lot of improvment in the game..^^

*** Atlantica Online***Reanemeiko*** Mycenae

('@') Oink!

• enzymeenzyme Member UncommonPosts: 464

pretty good post to the OP. I am still digging around the game, getting used to things, I was wondering why I kept getting gifts til I read this.

14) Give-random-gift-to-beginner system (get xp I think).

Current Games:

Hi folks,

Well I think there is an unpleasant development in Atlantica that you should be aware of. At least, if you are a person who dislikes non-consensual PvP.

My 'systems' #'s 83 (War) & 84 (King's Judgement or KJ) are currently being misused by the uncivil few (griefers, mostly; power-mongers, some) in an effort to rule whatever server they are on. You can find some details and points of view here:

http://atlantica.ndoorsgames.com/center/ATForum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=21259&start=1

Note that this is mostly something that involves higher level players, but as time goes by, lack of changes to this system will make Atlantica more and more a world without safety , and with lots of 'bad blood'. Note also that the *consensual* PvP systems are very good fun and mostly quite fair. These two however are taking things out of whack.

I would be remiss to not inform you of the consequences here: you *have* to be in a Guild to do Guild Dungeons, and in a Nation to do Nation Dungeons. Fun higher level content and...right now Nations are being attacked left & right and that means, that this content is soon going to be impossible to achieve for the majority of players. And even if you are in a guild that allows you to do this content - it is hard to make new Nations. The hardcore players will find their way; the casual players already suffer.

I managed to bring the Harmony Nation from 1 to (a maximum of) 10 Guilds in 3 weeks - but it, also, is the target of griefers.

I have left the game. I do not say you should not try Atlantica; I do not regret my time there, and the game is one of the most interesting I have seen. But the current NON-consensual PvP rules will be disliked by anone who thinks fights should be fair, and the world of griefing is a place to avoid.

It is up to you if you want to give it a try; hopefully nDoors will see the trouble the systems are causing and adjust them in time.

Good luck,

Muzzlepuzzle on Argos server (now elsewhere, but talk to Lucky guild if you want a fun club of peeps to play with).

* I say, there is no
    -

• dhrddmdhrddm Member Posts: 65

How are the wars been declared? (i can't acces the main forum because of work internet policy... this site seems to work and i'm glad)

Can a nation declare war on another one without the consensus of the attacked one?

Come on... Give me a break!

Hello,

> Can a nation declare war on another one without the consensus of the attacked one?

Yes.

That is the growing problem in Atlantica, that it takes a very small group - even two or three individuals - to grief complete Nations into non-existence. These 2, War & KJ, are NON-consensual PvP systems, and King's Judgment cannot even be used until you are Nation Level 5, so if one Nation is Level 5, and the other is not, the guild leaders of one Nation can KJ the others with impunity. They never attack *me*, or anything half their size. They attack those they can waltz over.

Some, I think at this moment actually still most, Guild Leaders only use KJ for killing bots, or settling a dispute that is at least by both sides considered 'fair ground'. But more and more, a few griefers can and do decide what happens on a server. I have noticed that guilds even stay with 'kings' they despise because it is simply too dangerous to be in any *other* Nation.

Now that is pretty bad: good people who feel unable to do the right thing.

I built a 10-guild nation, never said a foul word to anyone, but simply because I would not *accept* insults from some kids with attitude (I blocked = ignored 2 of them), the *only* way I could save the Nation I built was to leave.

I have left Atlantica, so my successor can avert war (I think he did, but the people who grief are unreliable and will find any  excuse; I say this out of Atlantica experience, I am not making it up). I like the game a lot but I do not pay real life money to subsidize griefing.

It is a very fun game with many good systems but NON-consensual PvP may kill it or, at the very least, drive it into a niche it should not have to be in. The signs are on the wall.

If nDoors starts to do what a few other companies have done, which is listen only to the loudmouth minority that is always exceedingly  vocal if you take away their ability to control others, they will end up like *every* other title that fails to recognize the simple fact that most people want to have fun, and not look over their shoulder all day long to see if they will get mugged by someone whose only idea of fun is to kill yours. I hope they will change these dynamics soon, before it is *really* too late.

My friends have gone, nearly all of them - and I will not ask others to go there anymore if by the time they get into the game, they may get griefed continuously simply because an antisocial 15-year-old that spends 14 hours/day on the game has the 'power' to do so. It is not a sane proposition :)

Lucas aka Muzzlepuzzle

* I say, there is no
    -