Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Social Aspect of Guild Wars

tr1kkertr1kker Member Posts: 3

So I bought Guild Wars trilogy and am running through the Nightfall campaign right now with a Dervish. So far all I've used is heroes and henchman because it seems like trying to actually find a pug would be a gigantic waste of time.

My question is, does the game become more social after the campaign? Do people actually play together or did I basically just buy a mediocre single player game with a built in web chat.

Comments

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357
    Originally posted by tr1kker

So I bought Guild Wars trilogy and am running through the Nightfall campaign right now with a Dervish. So far all I've used is heroes and henchman because it seems like trying to actually find a pug would be a gigantic waste of time.
    My question is, does the game become more social after the campaign? Do people actually play together or did I basically just buy a mediocre single player game with a built in web chat.

So you haven't grouped for the Campaign Missions? That's the most major grouping componet of the game, because most of them are too hard for just henchmen/heroes, and it's just funner running thorugh it with other people. (I like Prophocies the most :) )

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• tr1kkertr1kker Member Posts: 3

I kind of tried to at first, but it just seemed like using henchmen and heroes was the way to go.

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357
    Originally posted by tr1kker

I kind of tried to at first, but it just seemed like using henchmen and heroes was the way to go.

Yea, I usually only resorted to that when my brother/dad didn't want to play and all the pugs sucked. But, it can realy get fun with people.

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• almerelalmerel Member UncommonPosts: 658

Guild Wars gets way better as you learn the game and get a good guild. Heck even a decent guild will make the game more enjoyable than doing everything solo.

I would reccomend running around in Pre-Searing Prophecies first before anything else. It really helps to get to know the game.

-Almerel

Hello my old friend.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348

So let me get this straight:  you're trying to avoid grouping, and also upset that you've been successful in doing so?  If you want to group, then do.  It's not hard to find people at a mission outpost.

• BekaBeka Member UncommonPosts: 59

It is fairly easy to get a group of random people for most missions, although their quality will vary greatly. Quests you usually end up doing with H/H unless you run across someone just willing to help out with anything, which I do from time to time and see others doing now and then.

As others have mentioned, finding a good guild is key to having real people to help out with anything. And yes, things are a lot more fun with real people, even just one or two. Full groups of good players are great fun. If you play with the same guild you'll (hopefully) start working better as a group as you get used to each other and then things really rock.  :D