Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do they open up old expansions to the general population?

Nikoz78Nikoz78 Member UncommonPosts: 910

Do old accounts get all the expansions and adventure packs for free? My account is from 2004 and I'm pretty sure the only expansions I ever bought were DoF and EoF.

I noticed they are selling the game nowadays with all the expansions (even the new one) for about the price we payed for the base game. I'm wondering as a long time customer do they open up old expansions to the general population or do you still have to buy them?

I miss the good ol' days when nerds were actually intelligent.

Comments

• teraflop122teraflop122 Member Posts: 20

No, they don't. You still have to buy them, or just buy the retail box.

• Nikoz78Nikoz78 Member UncommonPosts: 910

Okay. Now could some kind soul please explain to me how this is fair to longtime customers?

• DelamekoDelameko Member Posts: 200

Actually they added all expansions up to Kunark in the Anniversay thing they did last year (maybe year before).

Try logging in and see what you get.  You'll definitely have some free time on your account, even if you don't have the expansions.

• TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Originally posted by Nikoz78

Do old accounts get all the expansions and adventure packs for free? My account is from 2004 and I'm pretty sure the only expansions I ever bought were DoF and EoF.
    I noticed they are selling the game nowadays with all the expansions (even the new one) for about the price we payed for the base game. I'm wondering as a long time customer do they open up old expansions to the general population or do you still have to buy them?

I restarted EQ2 and had EoF.  Apparently last summer they gave us the expansions, so you should have up to Kunark on you account, all but the new Shadow Od.  =)

Not sure if there is a timeframe for how long you needed to play or not since the wife and i played eq from day 1 to EoF. 

Well okay, that sounds fair. I don't mind waiting for expansions to open up to everyone. If it takes two years thats fine. There is a lot to do in EQ2.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

How is it not fair? Especially when you haven't actually been a customer since 2004? Besides, the newest expansions always include all previous expansions and the main game for a total of about $40.

• funnylumpyfunnylumpy Member Posts: 212

Just buy the latest expansion and you will have all expansions in it .. and the op haven't been a customer since 04 how can he expect to get what the rest have paid for free.. I think getting all the expansions in one go is pretty good bargain for those who has taken some time off the game.

• TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Originally posted by funnylumpy

Just buy the latest expansion and you will have all expansions in it .. and the op haven't been a customer since 04 how can he expect to get what the rest have paid for free.. I think getting all the expansions in one go is pretty good bargain for those who has taken some time off the game.

yup i agree. 

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by Moirae

How is it not fair? Especially when you haven't actually been a customer since 2004? Besides, the newest expansions always include all previous expansions and the main game for a total of about $40.

Or pick the "Rise of Kunark" all-in-one for $19.99 if the latest expansion doesn't much appeal to you.

• IronacolyteIronacolyte Member UncommonPosts: 26

40 dollars is a small price to unlock all the expansions including The Shadow Odyssey.

The self entitlement bit though, is awesome. Keep at it.

It is fair. I said as much.

And I do have all the expansions except for the latest.

"Do they open up old expansions to the general population?"

Yes.