Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting from level 50 > 60

Did anyone else find it a little too quick and easy to hit 60?  I'm a pretty casual player but those 10 new levels went super fast - especially compared to 40 > 50. 

I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing but I wonder if they meant for people to tear through the new levels so quickly?

Comments

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

Yea when I leveld my main I thought lvl 50-60 was way to fast. But they changed the levelling curve in book 7 so now its much slower, almost feel to slow now when leveling an alt.

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615
    Originally posted by flavador

Did anyone else find it a little too quick and easy to hit 60?  I'm a pretty casual player but those 10 new levels went super fast - especially compared to 40 > 50. 
    I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing but I wonder if they meant for people to tear through the new levels so quickly?

What is your definition of casual?

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• flavadorflavador Member Posts: 13

On average: 6 hours per week.

• clamdipclamdip Member Posts: 58
    Originally posted by flavador

There's a lot to do in Moria and Lothlorian, it doesn't take long because of that reason alone. You get a buttload of exp by just doing deeds in Moria, location or kill etc. I have over 80+ on one character lone.

Too easy? Nope, too easy to have a good time maybe and lose track of time.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I cant agree. While generally I find LOTRO way too fast levelling, the levels 50-60 feel like a chore to me. Maybe because I hate Moria. I cant say, but for me to the end of level 40ies LOTRO totally looses drive, as if someone pulled the plug and all the air went out. So subjectively I felt the time 50 to 60 endless long.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• Redline65Redline65 Member Posts: 486

I think the pace is pretty good. Eregion got me from 50 to 53, then there were two entire zones I didn't do any quests in by the time I hit 60 - The Flaming Deeps and the Foundations of Stone. I'd definitely suggest completing all the Eregion quests before entering Moria.

• sarahstewartsarahstewart Member Posts: 68

I agree I found it quite easy to go from 50-60

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

Strange enough I find the opposite to be true. You said 50-60 is quite fast compared to 40-50. I find 40-53 to be extremly fast and there's lots of content skipped (logically due to lots of content updates for previous cap level 50), and 53-60 to be extremly dull and slow.

REALITY CHECK