Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

linkrealms....finally something decent for the sandbox crowd

Comments

• vampepvampep Member Posts: 14

this is on page 51 and probably not worth posting but i am very very very interested in this game and would love an invite.

• vknidvknid Member UncommonPosts: 154

I'd love an invite too if possible.

I missed out when they were giving them out at certain times of the day. watched it like a hawk for 2 weeks and some how missed it =(

• DaveS43DaveS43 Member Posts: 8

Hey, I am also looking for a code along with everyone else... :) If someone can PM me Ill be so happy!!!!

• jeff2032jeff2032 Member Posts: 2

I would love a code.

• b0rderline99b0rderline99 Member Posts: 1,441

I still have about 15 codes left.  If you are over 18 and want to help test send me a PM for an invite!

Anyone who was getting an error when putting the codes in, that should be fixed now =)

and i still have a few codes left if anyone is interested.

• NotrustNotrust Member Posts: 2

nevermind, just PMed =)

• fcnd05fcnd05 Member Posts: 29

Well if it isn't too late I wouldn't mind.

[email protected]

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789

would love to try this game

[email protected]

• PonicoPonico Member UncommonPosts: 650
  • Cristina1Cristina1 Member UncommonPosts: 372

Why dont YOU people email the guy with the spare codes yourself and wait for a reply. Its YOU who should do all the work in order to get the key NOT the guy who gives it to you for free.

lazy *****.

• TelreTelre Member Posts: 20

If theres any left.

[email protected]

Well i just ran out of codes.  Congrats to those who got one!  I hope to see you all in game (i'm borderguard)!

I would like to encourage everyone to join the official forums, as they routinely hold contests for keys, as well as inviting regular visitors.  (They also just redid them so any old members there should give them another look).

forums.linkrealms.com

i will most likely have more at a later date as well

• bruciebrucie Member Posts: 22

Hello,

Looking for a key if anyone else has any to spare  =).

Sorry to be an inconvienance,  my email is [email protected]

Thank you for your time

• reanorreanor Member UncommonPosts: 441

They call this game decent? Bwahahaha...

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

If anyone has a key remaining, I'd LOVE to take one.

Always been a fan of the UO and Diablo style.

• AhrotahnAhrotahn Member Posts: 11

Interested as well...

[email protected]

I just talked to the people in charge, and they have said they want to do another giveaway of beta keys soon, so keep checking back =)

• GorakkhGorakkh Member Posts: 694
    Originally posted by reanor

They call this game decent? Bwahahaha...

Worse or better?

• Tr0nc3kTr0nc3k Member Posts: 30

It's pretty decent. They got the gameplay down, now they just have to finish the game, add new features and such.

• ObliviousXObliviousX Member Posts: 112

That looks like something i would want to play. I'll be keeping an eye on this game.

Originally posted by Tr0nc3k

It's pretty decent. They got the gameplay down, now they just have to finish the game, add new features and such.

yea there still are quite a few features they are working on still

• PonicoPonico Member UncommonPosts: 650

I don’t recall seing an NDA about the game, so I’ll lightly go into details about my experience. It’s worth a nice mention!

My first experience.

I install the game, enter the beta key and boot up the game. Character design is very simple with more features then WOW but far less then something like SWG or EVE. It’s still pretty cool to play with but gear will be your main defining point.

Now here’s the most un-usual experience. The second I log on, I see a little red character running at me and waving. So I waived back. The character introduced herself and it turns out that it’s a guide that wants to show me around. Funny thing is, it was a real person that was willing to show me around the game. “What the heck!” I said and gladly accepted the offer.

She showed me around and from what I can say is, it is indeed Runescape with a twist. When I say Runescape, I mean the combat, the crafting and gameplay are very similar. The first and most impressive thing about this game is the animation details. I’m not kidding here, the animation is fantastic and not too far behind what Diablo 3 will have. It’s smooth and detailed, despite the size of the characters. It’s obviously not Pre-CU SWG or EQ2 animation quality but it’s really good and best of all, smoooooth.

So, after collecting tomatos, killing little snails and learning the basics. She brought me to the bank and gave me some starter gear. Then she invited me to their vent and from there, showed me a bunch of cool features. Yes this game has nudity and the guides didn’t hesitate to show me my peaker…. All in good humour though.

After the meet up at the bank, she brought me to a nice little forest where I had to fight goblins, bees and other crap. Now here’s the cool twist. It wasn’t just grinding or fighting… I actually had to do something, actively interesting and help other players in order to insure my survival. I won’t go into details but basicaly, I had feed a plant with some creatures and then defend it for a while until the plant would give me a seed and etc etc… It’s pretty interesting to be honest. While doing that, I had to help other players and in return, they were helping me.

The fighting is a little awkward and will probably need some tweaking in the long run but it’s not bad at all. Again, the creature animation shines with the blood splat, arms falling off, finish moves, incapacitation and so on.

Overall, the game appears to be fun and I think for some, this game will truly rock. I’m normaly not a huge huge fan of games like that simply because it’s not my style really. I love sandbox games but I like to have my house and such, I’m a big SWG, EVE spoiled brat… However, Link Realms appears to be my new exception.

This is a game made by a small team with good animators, decent artist and solid coders. When you play this game, you feel like you’re back in the 90s where most PC games were well crafted (minus a few exception). The game feels indie but also feels well done. In other words, made with passion... quality over quantity.

If this was a review, I would give it 8/10 for the valiant and distinct effort in making something good.

• Tr0nc3kTr0nc3k Member Posts: 30

Nice write-up.

The main feature that I think separates LR from other MMO's is the ability to own a realm and to build everything you like with the editor, upload it and have it displayed in the game a few seconds later.

It's really fast and easy.

• sacredcow4sacredcow4 Member UncommonPosts: 249

Yah.  The game is incredibly smooth.  Movement and combat all flow great, spells are friggin awsome to cast... The gameplay is, simply put, solid.  The devs have a very solid foundation to work off of.  They accomplished something near impossible, smooth and fun gameplay.  Once more features are in this game will be home to a lot of the players that lost their homes when UO fell.

I've been here a while...