Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A great time to return for old vets is 2 weeks after POTA

This goes out to all the people that have maxed out there toons to lvl 50 and felt VG didn't offer any more content for them and left to other pursuits. 

Currently on test is the dungeon Revamp of Pantheon of the Ancients (POTA).  It is tuned for people with non-raid gear to enjoy challenging group content. Think of it as APW content for groups.

As you may know, POTA was was announced at Fan Faire and unfortunately they had to postpone development till after the Free Trial - Isle of Dawn.  As of today, POTA has been underdevelopment for 3.5 months.  They are tuning the encounters on test as I post.  This is the last stage before they go live with the content.

As a teaser, POTA is based on choosing an alignment to a god and then doing trials to gain favor.  There are 12 trials requiring you and your band of comrades to skillfully learn, plan and implement a viable strategy to please your god.

Having said that, historically it takes the SOE team 2 weeks to iron out the major oversights after new content goes live.  If this stage frustrates you and enflames your senses, then wait till 2 weeks after it launches.  When should you return, I would plan on Early May.

To give you more forward looking news....the SOE team is formally focusing on two things: fixing bugs and new content.  Here is a list of Short Term Plans

Appearance Slots - On Live Servers

Garazumet Encounter - On Live Servers

Pantheon of the Ancients (POTA) 6-man dungeon - On Test

Level Cap increase to 55 - On Test

Halls of Blood Raid Dungeon - No News

Alternate Advancement - No News

Comments

• XeonsoldierXeonsoldier Member Posts: 190
    Originally posted by Raav

This goes out to all the people that have maxed out there toons to lvl 50 and felt VG didn't offer any more content for them and left to other pursuits. 
    Currently on test is the dungeon Revamp of Pantheon of the Ancients (POTA).  It is tuned for people with non-raid gear to enjoy challenging group content. Think of it as APW content for groups.
    As you may know, POTA was was announced at Fan Faire and unfortunately they had to postpone development till after the Free Trial - Isle of Dawn.  As of today, POTA has been underdevelopment for 3.5 months.  They are tuning the encounters on test as I post.  This is the last stage before they go live with the content.
    As a teaser, POTA is based on choosing an alignment to a god and then doing trials to gain favor.  There are 12 trials requiring you and your band of comrades to skillfully learn, plan and implement a viable strategy to please your god.
    Having said that, historically it takes the SOE team 2 weeks to iron out the major oversights after new content goes live.  If this stage frustrates you and enflames your senses, then wait till 2 weeks after it launches.  When should you return, I would plan on Early May.
    To give you more forward looking news....the SOE team is formally focusing on two things: fixing bugs and new content.  Here is a list of Short Term Plans
    Appearance Slots - On Live Servers
    Garazumet Encounter - On Live Servers
    Pantheon of the Ancients (POTA) 6-man dungeon - On Test
    Level Cap increase to 55 - On Test
    Halls of Blood Raid Dungeon - No News
    Alternate Advancement - No News

Great advertisement post. However few things. 1 - Garuzamut Encounter is not on live, just the superblown up version of him. And the big #2. So the players who maxed out at 50 and have every piece of gear in the raid game should come back to a dungeon that's toned for players beneath them in terms of gear and play style? Heh not the best thing to put in the message but I get what you're trying to say.

• RaavRaav Member Posts: 120

Thanks for the clarification.  Ok Garazumet is almost on the Live Servers and here are more specific reasons why a retired 50 raider with max gear should return for POTA.  Seeing as I'm a maxed out tank, I"m looking forward to POTA. 

1. New levels and new abilites.

2. All three spheres levels will increase from 50 to 55.

3. The deeper you go in POTA the better the gear which will be higher level as you go in.  They are introducing Enhancements and focusing more on resists.

4. Finishing POTA unlocks Raid Content.

5. New challenging group content.