Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please moderate this board

WickesWickes Member UncommonPosts: 749

I rarely get to the point of asking for more moderation, but in this case it's needed.  Virtually all utlility of these forums has been destroyed by the WOW vs EQ2 fanboy stuff.  You can hardly read a thread here anymore where they don't pursue their pet crusades - and a few in particular post so much garbage that must truly have nothing else in their lives at all.  There is just no justification for continuing these pathetic assaults on forums related to games most of them haven't played and will never play.  Can you imagine the poor people who come here for the first time hoping to find useful information on games? 

Unless you want to wind up with no one but them left, it's really time to clamp down a bit. It's gotten to be almost impossible to even find an intelligent or useful post around here anymore. It just takes too long to go through the trash.

I'm sure it will be work that no one particularly wants to do, but if you simply start deleting the transparent bashing and troublemaking posts, I suspect the message will get across quickly enough.

Comments

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

We are actually working on this right now...and ASAP.  A new banning system will be implemented in the next 48 hours and heads will start cracking pretty soon.  I am also moving to hire on a few new mods...so things should tighten up around here soon image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

YAY, no more bashing EQ2 and WoW. Im glad that I can actually be able to talk about gameplay again on the forums. Hopefully this solves things.

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://www.imperium-arcanum.com

Not sure if it will end all flaming...I think that is every forum's "pipedream" - but we would like to cut WAY back on the amount of it going on here at MMORPG.com.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

New mods...Sounds fun.

Although a word of advice Admin, be wise when picking them. Many a board has been ruined in my eyes when they chose horrendously when picking new mods. I'd hate to see this site be dug into a deeper hell then just WoW/EQ2 fanboi'ism.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• bobblerbobbler Member UncommonPosts: 810

So what new lines will be set?

also just to tell you i see this thread already turning into a WoW vs EQ2 thread.....i think we should talk about some other games like Runescape vs WoW then it should be pretty even

::::31::::::31::::::31::

• jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

Ohhh nice... more mods. :)

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

They will really not be new lines...we will just start enforcing our current lines much more effectively.  Mods will be able to warn/ban people for as long as needed using a easy to use interface as well as view their warning/ban history at a glance.

The basic rules are no flaming, and that you cannot promote game A in game B's forums.  I am trying to get the most nuetral, level-headed mods I can find.  If they don't work out then we will get new ones...but we at least have to try something. image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• BigPeelerBigPeeler Member Posts: 1,270

Originally posted by Admin

I am trying to get the most nuetral, level-headed mods I can find.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

damn image

--------------------------------
    Games Played - Too many to list~
    Games Currently Playing - City of Heroes.
    Favorite Game So Far - Lineage 1 ^^

I also answer to "Peeler", "BigPeeler-RMX", "BiggerPeeler", BiggiePeels", "BP" and "Snake". Yes, I rather like "Snake"...

By the way. For future Reference, i do NOT have stairs in my house.

"Leave me here in my stark, raving, sick, sad little world!"

--------------------------------------

• jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

I am trying to get the most nuetral, level-headed mods I can find.

::::18::::::18::::::18::::::18:: Good luck finding one of those here! ::::18::::::18::::::18::::::18::

• bobblerbobbler Member UncommonPosts: 810

They will really not be new lines...we will just start enforcing our current lines much more effectively. Mods will be able to warn ban people for as long as needed using a easy to use interface as well as view their warning/ban history at a glance.
    The basic rules are no flaming, and that you cannot promote game A in game B's forums. I am trying to get the most nuetral, level-headed mods I can find. If they don't work out then we will get new ones...but we at least have to try something. image
    - MMORPG.COM Staff -

Hmmm i need to go read those rules.....Then i can be Bobbler master of the obviouse/rules

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

We are actually working on this right now...and ASAP.  A new banning system will be implemented in the next 48 hours and heads will start cracking pretty soon.  I am also moving to hire on a few new mods...so things should tighten up around here soon image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

I never thought that I would say this after my little incident, but let Max run wild.

And I would just love to be a Mod too.  I stay neutral unless they start attacking me. image

--------------------------------------------

33.333333333333336% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

Killer 100%
    Achiever 53%
    Explorer 33%
    Socializer 13%

--------------------------------------------

• Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

The problem with trying to enforce quality threads and bash people for their own bashing etc is simply the beast of what you are trying to fight here...

Let me try and explain...

When all these "EQ2 is better/worse then WoW' posts get like 30 or 40 responses even though there have already been dozens of these threads and hundreds of posts about the subject the past few weeks... it's going be a big beast to slash down. From what I have seen, most actual gameplay posts get much fewer responses then the firey bashing posts that tend to spark all the emotions and/or attacks defending their game and attacking games they don't play/can't play/wish they could play.. whatever the case may be. Also keep in mind how big both of these games are (EQ2 and WoW). With such big games being released so close to each other and such big expectations, people will naturally tend to be disappointed and/or impressed enough to feel that their game is "better then the other monster game".

If people on these forums would simply ignore these type of posts, that in itself would truly be the best cure. However, since that likely will not work, Simply deleting and/or locking these posts and threads right from the start could only help eliminate what you are trying to vanquish here.

I admit I am pretty guilty myself of some pretty pointless posts on here, but atleast I feel that I try and make some kind of valid point or explain why I like or dislike the game, not simply just write the 1000th post to the effect of something like "EQ2 Suxxerz, WOW roxxerz". A post like that deserves to get flamed I think.. and perhaps part of the reason all these threads that start out as such get so much attention is because everyone wants to try and flame pointless posts.

I personally still think that some games that are being released today truly deserve to get flamed by 1,000 negative posts on this site! But intelligent, well-thought out and explained flame posts need to be persuaded, and perhaps stating how the developing company could have made the game better might help spark imagination, creativity, and originality in the posts that respond.

Anyhow speaking of flames, I am sure that this post I write itself will get flamed. Why? Because people differ. People think differently, people feel differently.. yes. But most of all, too many people simply enjoy destruction. Bwah ha ha ha! Thus why I feel PvP "roxxerz" in mmo games. Let me see some other barbarian players' head on fire from my flamebolt spell, and I am a happy camper! ::::02::

- Zaxx

• demon-surgedemon-surge Member Posts: 67

The forums are just too spread out and theres too many people. Forums like the 'Neocron' or some of the others shouldnt be there, are hardly used, and when they are, they are flames that dont get caught.

Should also do a one strike, you're out deal, where if someone is obviously trolling or flaming, ban them. The amount of people signing up and coming here allows you to weed out people easier, and you would be better off with 1000 level headed regulars than 5000 whiny brats. Atleast in a community sense, but I think its more about the numbers coming here than it is about the content of the overall boards.

Weapons of Mass Destruction
    www.teamwmd.com

• OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015

Probably a pretty good idea to get a few new Mods, the site just keeps growing and growing all the time. Now we're up to 140k members and that's probably a little too large for 10 or so Mods to monitor everything. The WOW and EQII threads are just one example of how some of the threads can get way out of hand.

---------------------------- Desolation Guild Website ---------------------------
    Currently:
    Playing: EQII
    Looking forward to: WOW
    (yeah, both... deal with it)

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW

This discussion has been closed.