Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

does this run on vista?

kirbay117kirbay117 Member UncommonPosts: 3

i have tried a few times to run it but the updater says there be mantince or i need to run a viris scan can anyone help? 

Comments

• WarfranWarfran Member Posts: 27

Sorry can't help you other than to say Atlantica runs fine on my Vista computer.

• thorwoodthorwood Member Posts: 485

It ran fine for me on Vista.  Might be your antivirus software.  Try scanning it wih you antivirus software before you run it.

• tyler10101tyler10101 Member Posts: 9

it works on mine and i have vista but uhh did u right click it and hit run as administrator?

• BurnRubberBurnRubber Member Posts: 67

make sure that your firewall settings are correct. include atlantica on the exceptions list. if its an antivirus software problem, try to run atlantica with the antivirus off first. if problem still persists, you can always check out the main site for FAQ's and you can post your concerns there too ^_^

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by BurnRubber

make sure that your firewall settings are correct. include atlantica on the exceptions list. if its an antivirus software problem, try to run atlantica with the antivirus off first. if problem still persists, you can always check out the main site for FAQ's and you can post your concerns there too ^_^

this is most likely it.  Your firewall is blocking the updater.  99% of the time when that message comes up it's because you're not able to connect to the server, not because it's down for matinence.

• thorwoodthorwood Member Posts: 485

If you are getting this message after the game has been installed, try closing it and running it a second time.  For some reason the first time I run the program, I get an under maintenance message but if I run it again I do not usually get the message the second time.  I am not sure why this occurring as it happens to me fhe first time I run the program each day.

• elit3gam3relit3gam3r Member Posts: 186
    Originally posted by kirbay117

i have tried a few times to run it but the updater says there be mantince or i need to run a viris scan can anyone help? 

lol just ADD your Atlantica online in firewall exception...thats all ^^ dude...

or if your not satisfied enough..go to the main site and forum section of Atlantica Online....

Luminary: Rise of the GoonZu player

• ahnonamisahnonamis Member UncommonPosts: 10

I had the same issue at first running it on my PC (Vista 64 bit). Ended up working just fine after I reinstalled it. So if the firewall exception doesn't solve the issue, just uninstall/reinstall.