Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First MAG screenshots revealed

GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

So MAG, which stands for Massive Action Game (very clever) was announced at E3 last year as a Playstation 3 exclusive.

A while ago the first screenshots of the game were released and look and behold, it's a First Person Shooter .

But wait, this one has a twist!

This one is build for online play...for up to 256 players at the same time, which I suppose is somewhat similar to Planetside.

The graphics actually still look pretty decent considering it will have over 9000! 200 players playing.

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

A shooter on a PS3, what a joke.  I guess this means developers truly have gotten that lazy to develop shooters for everything.  Its like developing a RTS on the PS3.  They should stick to putting games on the PS3 that it would be good at like fighters, RPGs, and Action games.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Cleffy

A shooter on a PS3, what a joke.  I guess this means developers truly have gotten that lazy to develop shooters for everything.  Its like developing a RTS on the PS3.  They should stick to putting games on the PS3 that it would be good at like fighters, RPGs, and Action games.

yeah, a shooter on the PS3, what a joke.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/killzone2?q=Killzone%202

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-293365.aspx

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

This is the One game that will make me Buy a PS3.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• goneglockingoneglockin Member UncommonPosts: 706

There is no game that justifies buying a PS3.  They cost too god damn much.  I also cant stand playing FPS games by shuffling thumbsticks around.  I have been dying for a true MMOFPS like PlanetSide in it's hay day- but I'm not that desperate.

Hope you got your things together. Hope you are quite prepared to die. Looks like we're in for nasty weather. ... There's a bad moon on the rise.

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

PS3 exclusive = fail

FPS on console is garbage, it's a shame a game such as this isn't released on the PC and they won't be making a crappy port.. which is a good thing.

And lol at Killzone 2 Gameloading, you can keep your cookiecutter FPS Halo wannabe's all you want mate.

O_o o_O

Originally posted by Bigdavo

PS3 exclusive = fail
    FPS on console is garbage, it's a shame a game such as this isn't released on the PC and they won't be making a crappy port.. which is a good thing.
    And lol at Killzone 2 Gameloading, you can keep your cookiecutter FPS Halo wannabe's all you want mate.

99% of FPS are cookie cutter, PC FPS games included. The genre is done with innovation, there have been thousands upon thousands of FPS games. Calling a game "cookie cutter" means nothing anymore. Also Killzone 2 plays quite different from Halo, I suggest you actually play the game before making ignorant comments about it.

But please keep telling yourself FPS on consoles are garbage, anybody who actually educates himself about gaming knows FPS on consoles have been doing fine for years now.

Originally posted by Gameloading

PS3 exclusive = fail

99% of FPS are cookie cutter, PC FPS games included. The genre is done with innovation, there have been thousands upon thousands of FPS games. Calling a game "cookie cutter" means nothing anymore. Also Killzone 2 plays quite different from Halo, I suggest you actually play the game before making ignorant comments about it.

But please keep telling yourself FPS on consoles are garbage, anybody who actually educates himself about gaming knows FPS on consoles have been doing fine for years now.

I never said they weren't doing fine... they are still garbage though. Halo, Gears of War, Killzone, marines vs aliens, like I said you can keep that crap to yourself. I'm not touting PC FPS games as the greatest thing ever, most bore me, but at least there is a couple less shit ones these days then there are on the console. (and at least you can use a mouse lol)

O_o o_O

• ForumfallForumfall Member Posts: 570

PS3 exclusive = fail

I never said they weren't doing fine... they are still garbage though. Halo, Gears of War, Killzone, marines vs aliens, like I said you can keep that crap to yourself. I'm not touting PC FPS games as the greatest thing ever, most bore me, but at least there is a couple less shit ones these days then there are on the console. (and at least you can use a mouse lol)

And why exactly are they garbage. Considering you didn't even know Killzone's gameplay style is very different from Halo's, it wouldn't surprise me if your opinion is based on nothing more than prejudice.

PS3 exclusive = fail

Well that's a clear sign you lack a sense for quality.

I can see that you're on the defense so I won't be an asshole and pursue this. (originally wrote up a massive rant :P)

O_o o_O

• JosherJosher Member Posts: 2,818

PS3 exclusive = fail

And why exactly are they garbage. Considering you didn't even know Killzone's gameplay style is very different from Halo's, it wouldn't surprise me if your opinion is based on nothing more than prejudice.

I'd take a good PC port of Killzone2 in a second.  I bet loads of people would.  Cookie cutter??  Wuo freakin cares what cookie its cut from, if its FUN and well designed.  WHat are you, another, if it ain't 100% original its CRAP, kind of person?   EVERY new game is cut from someone elses cookie.  Theres nothing completely original anymore, thats actually FUN. 

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202
    Originally posted by Ekibiogami

Yeah if I have the cash when it come sout I might just buy one, this and that one game with the guy and eletric powers after a explosion(cant think of name lol).

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

Originally posted by Arndur

Originally posted by Ekibiogami

Yeah if I have the cash when it come sout I might just buy one, this and that one game with the guy and eletric powers after a explosion(cant think of name lol).

That would be INfamous

• I don't like console shooters, but I think that mostly comes down to my belief that a mouse and keyboard are far better controllers for such a game than any console controller could ever be. I feel the same about console Real Time Strategy games. I any case, this game does look pretty nice. Massive team first-person shooters are among my favorite games, so I hope that this game pans out well for PS3 owners.

Are there supposed to be different classes available with different roles, like the Battlefield games?

• bluesessionbluesession Member Posts: 202

200 players? maybe MAG means Mini Action Game?...

BUT HEY PS3, looks like modern warfare! GO BUY GO BUY GO BUY!

:)