Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Screwed by gamestop

Konner920Konner920 Member UncommonPosts: 295

Funcom charges 20 dollars for the game. i had to pay 40 at gamestop.

Hm.

so i bought it. got home. used the key. set a subscription

THEN  MY FRIEND GIVES ME HIS ACCOUNT T_T

is there a way to get a refund on this crap.

I was ripped off so bad.

I really like the game but ..

Comments

• BLueBEarBLueBEar Member Posts: 242

Do not ever buy or sell at gamestop.

Oh my got!!!
    i neber see a graphic of this before,
    i neber p2p any game before, but this game i must!

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by Konner920

Funcom charges 20 dollars for the game. i had to pay 40 at gamestop.

Hm.

so i bought it. got home. used the key. set a subscription

THEN  MY FUCKING FRIEND GIVES ME HIS ACCOUNT T_T

is there a way to get a refund on this shit.

I was ripped off so bad.

I really like the game but damn

Yeah eventhough I'm downloading it off steam right now for 19 bucks, I saw the boxed version in Best Buy just 2 days ago for 49... makes no sense that stores dont' keep up to date on their pricing.  I feel for you my friend, 50 bucks in this day an age of economic recession is not good at all.  Good luck on getting a refund, but I doubt you'll be able to return it.

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

I like Gamestop... just know what you're buying.. and know stores can charge whatever they want. Wal-Mart and stuff are ususally cheaper.

• elderotterelderotter Member Posts: 651

When I buy a game now i always research and find the least costly way of getting it.  Usually that way is downloading off a site - you doo not get a hard copy or a box but you get the game  and not for an arm and/or leg.  Research, research, rsearch.

• Konner920Konner920 Member UncommonPosts: 295

:/ what hurts me the most about this is my moms birthday is in 2 days and because of getting ripped off shes getting nothing. x_x

• KrayzjoelKrayzjoel Member Posts: 906

From my understanding Gamestop has never given refunds on computer games. The only time i go to Gamestop is when i pre order a game because its 1 mile from my house.

Played : WOW, LOTRO, COH/COV, EQ2, SWG, and WAR.
    Playing EVE Online and AOC.
    Wtg for SW:TOR and WOD

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

there is no one to blame but you for that as another person noted you should always check the price of video games before you buy them especially one that is more than a month old which is genreally how I do it no way in hell I put down 40 bucks ever on a pc game more than 3 months old.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

Originally posted by elderotter

When I buy a game now i always research and find the least costly way of getting it.  Usually that way is downloading off a site - you doo not get a hard copy or a box but you get the game  and not for an arm and/or leg.  Research, research, rsearch.

Great advice, elderotter, also I wanted to add to that if you download, you're saving the ecology.  Downloading is green.  No need for manufacturing, no need to make oil-based plastic casing, no need to spend money on prodcution when sending a gold master to make glass stamping, and mass produce disc, no paper used in the box (because no box).  Downloading is win win for the ecology, and for the game developer as they save money on production costs.

• curiousdaoccuriousdaoc Member Posts: 203

:/ what hurts me the most about this is my moms birthday is in 2 days and because of getting ripped off shes getting nothing. x_x

That sucks, however,  the only one at fault is you. You were not "ripped off", you simply lacked the foresight and common sense required to research prices on a product prior to purchasing.

Lesson learned?

• BrifBrif Member UncommonPosts: 529

What's gamestop?

Do you mean Scamstop?

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Man...you'll shite when you find out that you could have purchased the game online for $6.00 new or as low as 59 cents used. I saw these prices as recent as last week on Amazon.com. Of course that does not include the $3.99 shipping.

add: As of today, 04/18/09, Amazon is sporting new copies for $4.00 plus shipping.

• Coldrain_13Coldrain_13 Member Posts: 107
    Originally posted by Krayzjoel

From my understanding Gamestop has never given refunds on computer games. The only time i go to Gamestop is when i pre order a game because its 1 mile from my house.

If there is something wrong with the disc or if they left out the act key then by law they are liable for a refund.

I swear it said 20 when i was there last. now its 40 D:

• Dwarfman420Dwarfman420 Member Posts: 207

Plenty of gifts that dont cost mony. Mow the lawn, do dishes, cook her breakfast, make a personal card etc

Still, next time price check an item before you purchase.

Also, Mom>impulsive self gift.

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

No one forced you to buy yourself a game within weeks of your mothers birthday and considering you obviously didn't know you could get it for cheaper you must have already decided to not get her anything.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

i really forgot her birthday was in 2 days :/

• horridhorrid Member Posts: 129

Ok, if you forgot.  But don't blame someone else for it. 

As for getting ripped off, thats why I never use EB games.  100% they will be more expensive.  They will price match but why should I run around to find the best price just to have them price match?

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842

Lolz, perfect example of human ignorance. +1 for begging pity with mom-stuff.

• BLueBEarBLueBEar Member Posts: 242

i really forgot her birthday was in 2 days :/

And mother day soon too >.<

Oh my got!!!
    i neber see a graphic of this before,
    i neber p2p any game before, but this game i must!

• LanmoragonLanmoragon Member Posts: 994

So this kid willingly buys an over priced game without researching the price elsewhere and knowing his mom's birthday is soon, comes on here crying, and we should feel sympathy why?

Lesson learned.  Its not gamestop's fault, its yours.  Man up.

• reeb23reeb23 Member UncommonPosts: 37

gamestop is smart for doing this you ripped yourself off bro its your fault not theres

{ MOD EDIT }

I suppose you're right... however, I can't help but feel sorry for his mom.  I mean, wow, no gift on her birthday... how sad :/

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

{ MOD EDIT }

You are telling us you bought the game for 40 bucks knowing full well your mothers bday was in 2 days. But now since you found out after the fact you were ripped off ...you somehow don't have the money now? Doesn't add up  .....

• elderotterelderotter Member Posts: 651

{ MOD EDIT }

I agree.... especially since a little research could have saved him  $20.  Which he could have used on his mom.   Reminds me of the Geico commercial - that's the money you could have saved on Geico.

• Sup3rnovaSup3rnova Member Posts: 69

Take the game back and basically go on like an idiot demanding the key didnt work you contacted Funcom and they said it was down to Gamestop.

When they give you another game simply take it to another shop with your receipt and get a refund.

This discussion has been closed.