Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm so confused

So is Tcos out of beta yet...or maybe just in Europe.  MMORPG is saying that it's in beta but everyone is talking about playing after the free 2 play...i'm so confused can anyone make this simple for me.

Comments

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659
    Originally posted by Akimishi

So is Tcos out of beta yet...or maybe just in Europe.  MMORPG is saying that it's in beta but everyone is talking about playing after the free 2 play...i'm so confused can anyone make this simple for me.

The game has been released in Europe.

The game has not officially been released by Acclaim. The Acclaim version of the game is officially in open beta. But, the open beta is not a real open beta, you can already have a paid account and characters will not be wiped at the official launch date.

--
    Delanor

• AkimishiAkimishi Member Posts: 6

How does that make since...there's an acclaim version and another version?

• bmdevinebmdevine Member Posts: 429

It does make sense.  If I remember correctly, Acclaim (or however it's spelled) has the publishing rights in North America, so the person responding was referring to the version that most people in North America will be playing.  It's not unusual for different companies to publish the same game in different parts of the world.

The beta stage that the game is in in NA doesn't really fit the traditional definition of a beta, but that term has been stretched so much by so many different companies as to not really have much meaning anymore.

• AkimishiAkimishi Member Posts: 6

So on launch will usa players be able to keep their toons also?

• ctzn99ctzn99 Member UncommonPosts: 75

Unlike other "beta's" you WILL be able to keep your toon when the game goes "live".  Allowing you to spend money on a premiuim subscription during beta and then wiping your toons would be suicidal at best.  That said, it's not really a true beta (in my opinion), the game has already been released in english in the UK, mostly they are testing hardware and accounting issues sorted out.  Not the sort of things that will change gameplay and no real "need" to wipe characters.

It's also my understanding (but don't quote me on this) that both game clients are currently the same version for the EU release and NA release although often the EU version is updated a bit before the NA version.

... transmitted on 100% recycled electrons ...