Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Account Management off line

WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

This is entertaining. Knowing that a LOT of players are going to be furious about the nerfs in 3.1, Blizzard has taken their account management system off line.  Perhaps to keep lots of people from ending their subscriptions?

* 0. Account Management Currently Offline 04/14/2009 04:50:04 PM PDT

quote locked

We are expecting a great deal of activity today with the launch of patch 3.1.0, and in order to ensure optimal game performance, the account management page will be offline for the time being. We anticipate that this issue will be resolved in short order. Additionally, we appreciate your continued patience and understanding during this interim period.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Chuckle...I've been in since late beta... I'm rather aware of all of that. But you don't find it entertaining that Blizzard would close down(it didn't crash) its account management system on patch day? Its just their usual heavy handed approach to things.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Originally posted by Wraithone
    Chuckle...I've been in since late beta... I'm rather aware of all of that. But you don't find it entertaining that Blizzard would close down(it didn't crash) its account management system on patch day? Its just their usual heavy handed approach to things. image

....yet to someone who has worked in IT for years it makes sense that they should do all of their maintenance at the same time. They announced well ahead of time that everything was going to be down, so if anyone wanted to cancel then they could have done so yesterday or just hang on a couple of hours and do it when the site comes back up.

Why has everything got to be some sort of conspiracy?

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by jason_webb

Chuckle...I've been in since late beta... I'm rather aware of all of that. But you don't find it entertaining that Blizzard would close down(it didn't crash) its account management system on patch day? Its just their usual heavy handed approach to things.

....yet to someone who has worked in IT for years it makes sense that they should do all of their maintenance at the same time. They announced well ahead of time that everything was going to be down, so if anyone wanted to cancel then they could have done so yesterday or just hang on a couple of hours and do it when the site comes back up.

Why has everything got to be some sort of conspiracy?

Who said anything about "conspiracy"? You can't see suits making that type of decision?  But now that you mention it, this is hardly the first time this has happened. 

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Of course players can always cancel after its back online. Most players will wana play awhile to truly try it out before coming to a conclusion whether they like the current patch or not, so i think it wont be patch-play-cancel all in1 day...

RIP Orc Choppa

• sonicbrewsonicbrew Member UncommonPosts: 515

Account management is fine as I cancelled just 1/2 hour ago for the umpteenth time. I tried going back to WOW due to my friends and guild but I just cannot do the mundane, time sink grind anymore. I have been playing since very early beta so that does not help either. I just cannot seem to get into the game when I log in; I get the been there done that feeling and making twinks or leveling yet more toons just turns me off.

I thought the new content release would bring some excitement back to me but I am afraid it does not. Sick of raiding, sick of PVP, sick of level grinds, and sick and tired of the last five years of absolute shit the MMO industry has belched out. I think I am just sick and tired of MMO gaming in general. The funny thing though is that I been playing them for so long they have somewhat ruined my single player RPG experience. I am caught between a rock and a hard place no doubt......

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb   

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007

This is entertaining. Knowing that a LOT of players are going to be furious about the nerfs in 3.1, Blizzard has taken their account management system off line.  Perhaps to keep lots of people from ending their subscriptions?

* 0. Account Management Currently Offline 04/14/2009 04:50:04 PM PDT
    quote locked

We are expecting a great deal of activity today with the launch of patch 3.1.0, and in order to ensure optimal game performance, the account management page will be offline for the time being. We anticipate that this issue will be resolved in short order. Additionally, we appreciate your continued patience and understanding during this interim period.

Well account managment goes down on all patch days, and good bye to the whiners who quit because changes where made to all classes... I like it when stuff change... makes pvp more interesting.

just position 1425 in server queue .. ETA 1hour 23 minutes =D