Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just starting out

raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237

I only have Prophecies. I've had it for a long time, just never got around to playing it.

I'm not sure what I am supposed to be doing other than questing.. can someone give me like a newb run through?

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

Comments

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

Originally posted by raystantz
    I only have Prophecies. I've had it for a long time, just never got around to playing it.

I'm not sure what I am supposed to be doing other than questing.. can someone give me like a newb run through?

PM me in game if you need a hand

Tyr Dominator

and yeah, nothing really to do in Prophecies but PvE, there is PvP too, but your missing two thirds of the skills by not having Factions and Nightfall, unless you buy the PvP Unlock packs from the in game store

imageimage

• BekaBeka Member UncommonPosts: 59

If you are still in the starting area (known as Pre-Searing), you mainly want to get all the skills for your main profession, then try out the other professions for your secondary and then choose one, doing all the skill related quests. That way you get those skills for free and won't have to buy them later on. Many people then explore all the Pre-Searing areas while leveling up to the 6 to 8 range (easy to do). Then on to Post-Searing for the main part of the game. That involves doing quests, doing missions (the main storyline advancement) and exploring. There is lots to do along the way: capturing elite skills, collecting items you'll need for armor, earning gold to buy runes and insignia, etc. That is also a good time to find a guild you enjoy playing with, as the game will be a lot more fun with even just one other human player along to help you, and more make it a blast.

Pick Up Groups (random people) aren't too hard to find (in spite of what some say), but vary in quality and sometimes can even be quite fun, if rather bizarre. Don't accept or take "runs" the first time playing through, it is much more fun to do the content.

The later missions in Prophecies are the most interesting (at least to me) and there is a surprising amount of different areas to explore. Even after you've done all the missions, there are still some more quests, defending against the Titans. Plus the Sorrow's Furnace area. Not to mention the other campaigns (Factions and Nightfall) as well as the Eye of the North expansion. And you have 4 characters, so you can also try another profession or two, which can play very differently from the others.

There are some PvP arenas along the way too.

You can always create a PvP only character and go right to the Battle Isles, but as Lonesamurai1 mentioned, you'll be at a disadvantage on the skills without Factions and Nightfall, but you might want to give it a try anyway. Just don't expect to do well if you are playing against others that do have all the skills and have been playing PvP for the last 4 years.