Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to beat EQ 2?

2»

Comments

• ZhanghiaZhanghia Member UncommonPosts: 1,312

Originally posted by anarchyart

Originally posted by Zhanghia

Originally posted by anarchyart
    Screw off tool, you dont care about EQ2 just wanna diss it lol and it kicks WoW's ass. If youve tried them both and you still like WoW better even a little your a peon and im glad you are stuck here posting to fill your sad days till WoWs release. Go talk to a girl.

omfgroflmaowtfbbqlol... *drop kicks the FF fanboy in an awaiting can of acidic compounds, rendering his flesh* Now... for EQ2. :b

As some things can be right and useless, can't some things be wrong and priceless? -Viktor Suikoden I

Nice waste of space post. Have you tried them both? Do you still like WoW better? Then your high on paint thinner, are 9 years old or have goat feces for brains. Take your pick image

Naw, none of them. Sick of people posting 'lol' when they forget that it means "Laughing out loud". Seriously.. what's so funny, are you demented. Did you escape from your insane asylum?

As some things can be right and useless, can't some things be wrong and priceless? -Viktor Suikoden I

• cedoricedori Member Posts: 500

For me, I play a game to enjoy it.  If I make it to the highest level, then I have accomplished my goal.  Even if I don't make it to the end or highest level, its all about playing what one enjoys.  While one game might be fun for one, another person might think its crap.  Who cares, as long as the person playing is having fun, nobody will change that persons mind if they are enjoying that particular game.

Cheers  image

P-4 3.0, 120 HD, BFG Geforce 6800GT OC/256, 2gig Dual DDR 400 (PC3200), WinXP-Home, SBLive, CD/DVD, Gigabyte 1000 Pro board w/FSB 800, AGP 8X, 2004 GT Edition, Intel 865PE chipset, DX-9.0c and cable ISP 3mb

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

hehe... like most MMORPGs, the answer to your question is: "Yes" image

Especially in MMORPGs of the fantasy genre.  You max out your level, go to dungeons you never could before, loot all the uber stuff, show off to the world all your uber loot and skills like a L33T, then wait for the next expansion hoping it will add more uber stuff so you can show them off again.

And of course, if the expansion sucks, which can happen, then that's when you know you've discovered your End-game for the MMORPG.

____ _ ____________ _ ____

Elves are so HAWT!!! Especially the wood elves in Everquest 2!!!
    :)~~~~~~~
    ____ _ ____________ _ ____

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• GnarledGnarled Member Posts: 566

This is fantastic. You are critiquing the end-game already when the highest character on any server is what, mid thirties ? Bravo.

How can you talk shit about things you know nothing about ?

EQII
    Requiiem, Coercer
    Nektulos

EQII
    Requiiem, Templar
    Neriak

• TymoraTymora Member UncommonPosts: 1,295

Originally posted by Ulfar

But thats all there is to most computer games.
    The only variable is where you compete against other players. For that to be any achievement as far as I am concerned the game has to involve player skill. Unfortunately MMORPG's don't require player skill, you win if you have the highest level character and better kit, I hasten to add I haven't played Planetside but Sony describe that as a MMOFPS.
    For PvP I play games like Project Gothem Racing, Mechwarrior 4, Medal of honour, Star Wars Battlegrounds where my skill is matched against someone else and without any advantage on either side.
    This is also a great deal of fun whether you win or lose.
    So I don't think it is fair to single out EQ2 because it is not the only MMORPG or any other type of game that doesn't revolve around PvP. If you want to show how a game is bad highlight the areas it fails in and try to be objective. I know being objective will be hard for you because you either want a flame war or are a fanboi of another game.

This is a great post an should be the default, automatic response to all flame posts regarding EQ2 and PvP. 

Some people don't like PvP.  Is that really so hard to understand?  Also, some people actually roleplay in Everquest II, making socializing and character interaction the drive behind playing, not getting uber lewt and getting to the highest level. 

I played Everquest for nearly 3 years and never made it past level 25 (I did have multiple characters at around level 25 however).  There are not many like me, but there are those similar who will take their time and play the game for other reasons besides the norm. 

Quote from Vron: "The main purpose of a mmorpg is to advance your character".

This is yours and probably most peoples main purpose in a mmorpg, but not everyones.

Also, quote from Saibot: 

"How can you role play good and evil races when they are helping each other,cooperating
    etc?

It just doesnt make any sense."

Just like in the original, players may choose not to interact with the opposite races.  I played a Necromancer and even though I could not attack the light races, it did not stop me from roleplaying an enemy to them.  There is more to mmorpg than combat and PvP, and the Everquest games force players to use their imagination when they want to roleplay the good vs. evil without direct conflict. 

Being a Necro, I usually would either just run away screaming like a lunatic about how I would eventually raise the dead of Wood Elves and High Elves to serve me, or I would stop to talk to them. I often grouped with the opposite faction and still was able to roleplay hatred towards them.  Afterall, in EQ and EQ2, quests are a central part of the game, so if I as a Necromancer can use the abilities of a Wood Elf to gain personal wealth and status or items, I will use them to my advantage.  When all is said and done I curse them to the abyss and go home to Neriak.