Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Entropia economy go busted ?

2»

Comments

• OpticronOpticron Entropia Universe CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 74
    Originally posted by lium

Oh i give you one fact you seem to forget (because is obvious you work for MA).

MinDark was bankrupt at gold that how the game was popular!

800000 account = 1000 players!

Second life posted in real time monitoring the users on line why Entropia don’t do the same with 800000 accounts? Because if ppl seen the real player numbers they will not invest anything in the game.

Yes there is crazy ppl that paid stupid money for items (i can’t cry i own great car IRL because i sold out) but they are crazy.

You forget to tell about Banks that sold for 400k (guess why because Anshe tried to sell her and get out of the game once she finds almost no one played).

Hehe, sorry to disappoint, I'm not from MA/FPC, i'm just a noob who's been around since the beginning and stumbled across this thread. I agree that its a bumpy road sometimes that EU is traveling and they do make mistakes/bad decisions like everyone else. In all those years there have been many people saying the exact same things you do now, they've all been proven wrong, big chance you will be next

There's no need to continuously focus on the negative though. Economies go up and down, players join and leave for all kinds of reasons. Try to see the fun side of things (there are plenty in EU IMO) and you'll have a much better time and maybe feel less need to post your doom scenarios to warn people.

• liumlium Member Posts: 138

Yeah this is just new web site opened yesteday and you found it by mistake.

What ever…

No i will keep telling ppl NOT EVEN TO JOIN youre crap becose this web site is not EF ! This web site is for ppl that care about ppl.

Go play youre so cool game good buy.

• AlphaGeekAlphaGeek Member UncommonPosts: 193

Opti, the dude just likes talking trash about a game he can't understand. Don't beat yourself up over it. LOL

Alpha AG Geek
    Founder- Manticore Society

Im telling you this guy is good.

Originally posted by AlphaGeek

Opti, the dude just likes talking trash about a game he can't understand. Don't beat yourself up over it. LOL

I know, what's worse is that he only comes up with stuff 2 or 3 years old. I just figured i'd give this resident troll a little less food

Maybe that's how long his account has been locked or somehting.

Anyway, back on topic, of course a RCE game economy is going to reflect the RL economic status. EU has not only an RCE, but MA offers a boon in allowing non-depositors to stay on at the sufferance of those that do deposit. With the hyperinflated prces that were in game, it's no suprise that the market in game has begun normalizing to some degree.

I mean come on, some things we see in game up to this point have made no sense. In RL we have volume discounts for large quantity of mass produced goods. In game, large amounts of stackable items usually have typically enjoyed a premium price.  That probably won't last.

The global economic downturn may well help EU by squeezing out the middleman (at least those that are profiteering reseller pigs) and  make the game more playable and economical for those that actually play the game.

Alpha AG Geek

Yep that MA politics if someone talk bad about the universe:

1, he must be banned

2, he must be dumb (lost tons of money) so he feel bad

Is just sweden mind trick, the only part you guys dont understand is that im not the only one that is warrning ppl about Entropia many many and many ppl do.

Now as for the new players part youy wont get any on this web site why :

1, i will post news that you hide

2, no one is dumb to join crap universe when ther is so many nice games to play

Entropia is for gamblers this web site promote games that part you guys dont understand…

Now i alredy given you ling ther is once more :

http://terranova.blogs.com/terra_nova/2006/05/mindark_im_sorr.html

That is no old new is professional view from professional expert ! serach for Entropia news and you will see how MinDark tried to discredit him.

Read the coments LMAO so many banned ppl or did they lose huge amount of money ?

Read it and im shore that higly educeted university profesor is banned to, oh no wait he played entropia and lost alot of money. Find new song guys that one dont work any more!

{ Mod Edit }

The global economic downturn may well help EU by squeezing out the middleman (at least those that are profiteering reseller pigs) and  make the game more playable and economical for those that actually play the game. 

Do you think rules about reselling should be added, like a max amount of trades/ bids you can place on the same type of item within a certain amount of time? To prevent people buying up all and reselling for higher prices. Or is it part of the free economy and shouldn't be overly regulated?

P.s. Lium, check the date on that blog for cryin out loud, its dated 2006 and so are the comments.

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

The game has always been a matter of finding the right time to in and out. Its basically the exact same thing as playing the stock market.

You say Entropia's economy is tanking, I say of course it is...

Entropia is so tied into the real world economy that as the real world goes into recession so does Entropia. but as in the real world, a smart and lucky investor can still make money.

I closed out my Entropia account December 18th.  I had been playing off and on since beta, being away for up to 3 months at a time sometimes. I had spent $320 US on the game, and on January 4th I had a deposit from mindark to my bank account of $860 US.

I consider $540 profit pretty nice for a game I played casual.

2006 and ? What do you say by that ?

2006 and actualy EU was better then that now in 2009 so he made the study when EU was even worth something.

Let me understand becose he is expert and becose you CANT say bad thinks about him like (he must be banned or he spend to much ) you say is old…

The all study is done by expert and becose is from 2006 is not valid any more ?

Well then guss what sorry Einstein you formulas are to old to be worth any thing so we just erase youre all work (is out dated).

Poor Albert Einstein :(

Ther is news for you, NEW from to day :

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/31/view/forums/thread/232025/Why-ubers-quit-the-gameif-is-good-.html

Happy ?

Originally posted by Opticron

Do you think rules about reselling should be added, like a max amount of trades/ bids you can place on the same type of item within a certain amount of time? To prevent people buying up all and reselling for higher prices. Or is it part of the free economy and shouldn't be overly regulated?

P.s. Lium, check the date on that blog for cryin out loud, its dated 2006 and so are the comments.

Opti, the RL market places often have automatic limitations in place to stop trades if the market plummets. I recall the automatic hold was called last year sometime, IIRC.  Since many items already have established street prices, a upper or lower cap might not be practical since so many items are in the hands of players rather than career profiteers, but it might be beneficial to limit based on the slope of the market value graph.

Sorrow, interesting stats there. Not many games you can pull a profit out of. That being said, you're an exception as there are far more people that break even, or end up paying in some. Personally, I don't  mind paying in because I understand that this is an entertainment venue and not a get rich quick scheme. :)  Cheers!!

Alpha AG Geek