Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

User Suggestions!

We at Spellborn NV (The Creators of The Chronicles of Spellborn) care about our game, and listen to the suggestions of the user. We recently posted the following list of suggestions, and want your suggestions too!

This is virtually a list of all Suggestions I've come across since I became CM, and a few from before. (All on this forum) 

Please feel free to add some suggestions on replies to this thred too.

Added to game

User Interface:

• Consumables bars/quick slots
  • Better position of the windows in game

• Disconnection button taking back to the character selection screen

• “Dressing Room” window: players would love to test items (armors/weapons) without equipping them.

• Quest tracking/tracker

• New Launcher/Loader layout

• Separate Zone chats for other languages

• In game calendar for guild leaders to submit their events either private for guild only, or visible to all.

• “Title System” allowing players to display their title under their name

• Clear Skill Deck button

• Looking For Group/Party!

COMMUNICATION BETWEEN PLAYERS:

• Announcement boards: players could post announcements, guild recruitment messages, etc… and it would be visible by everyone in the game.

• General/World Chat

• Being able to add a friend, even if he’s offline

• Notification when the player receives a new mail

• Shortcut/Key binding to answer easily to whispers/private messages Try /r

• Customizable emotes: using a /me like on IRC chats or other games

• Being able to resize the chat window

• Being able to create chat channels

Guilds:

• Players would like to see the member list first when they open the guild window

• Guild hall

• Guild cloaks with the guild logo on it

• In game calendar for guild leaders to submit their events either private for guild only, or visible to all.

• Demote Guild Master?

Combat:

• User-defined Skill Deck presets

• Ability to Duel     Arenas and Moshpit.... --------------------anywhere/anytime= Suggested

• Clear Skill Deck button

• INVENTORY AND TRADES:

• Bank and chests

• Being able to sort items in the inventory

• Improve the trade/buy-sell window

• Automatic stacking of item which are received by mail or trade

QUESTS:

• Search option in the quest window: a field where player can type a word and find the quests related to it. (can be NPC name / Zone name, etc…)

• Sort quests by level/name/zone

• Quest tracking/tracker

• More options to customize your character

• Being able to walk

• Dyeing weapons

• Dyeing Armors

• Character description: biography of the character players could fill and visible by other players

• Dual wield (weapons)

• More weapon/armor models and cloaks

• Female Clothing

MISC:

• Mounts in the game

• Teleport option to travel fast to major towns

• Reset attributes points/skills for money or something else (magic stone?)

• Notes on the map/worldmap by players. Also sharable with other players

• Pets/mini pets/vanity pets. See Ancestral Mage?

• Torch or camp fires: this point is more RP related

• Access to the support directly in game

Comments

• aithieelaithieel Member Posts: 232

Facial hair for male characters.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

Hi, Luv the game, here's some of my thought's and thank you for asking. :)

MISC: - Mounts in the game, Teleport option to travel fast to major towns or maybe just a run or sprint button?

- Pets/mini pets/vanity pets. See Ancestral Mage? and maybe some normal type of pet's eg; Dog, Wolf, bird or even a bear or boar for non mage classes as well,  could help for people who want to be an archer types, gives them a tank or even be used as mount's at a higher level sort of thing.

Only things that I can think of at the moment that I would like to see in the game.

thank's a gain.

Originally posted by aithieel

Facial hair for male characters.

I'll second that!

• Sabre-TCoSSabre-TCoS Member Posts: 18

Thanks, Keep them comming!

I like the Facial Hair idea.. :D

As for pets. the idea is still on the table.. just wanted to point out the mage :)

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

One thing I think would help a lot is to have the quest NPC dots show up on the zone map as well as the mini map. Once you accept a quest, that NPC remains marked on your map until you complete. There should also be the option to mouse over the dots in both the mini map and zone map, with the active quest/quests displayed along with their name.

It would sort out some of the confusion when youre doing muliples at once, and you cant remember where guy X is to hand in.

-Shared friends and ignore list across account

-Inventory window made scrollable when youre dragging an item,right now you have to drag an item to the lowest point you can get to, then drag the slider down to move it

-Shared bank across account

-Mail Icon, and special mail icon for recieveing mail quests (such as a blinking envelope)

-Completed quests to show up in order of completion and sorted per shard and zone

-In game NPC database. Atlatica online had one of these, where you coudl type in the name of any NPC and get their location.

-Beards! perhaps monacles and glasses too?

-Staves and wands

-Robes

-Actual armoured boots and gloves, not just clothing type

-Loot hotkeys and auto loot when soloing.

-Consumables bar would be great

• snapp69snapp69 Member UncommonPosts: 113

Basically what they are asking is for you guys to make it like every other MMO out there and not be different.

• SigrandSigrand Member UncommonPosts: 367

The ability to know who is who in your party by scrolling over them on your map.  When you open the map and see the dots that represent your party members you have no way of knowing which person is which dot.

• GamerAeonGamerAeon Member Posts: 567

Plate Mail Armor Nao lol

Really though I feel like less of a warrior w/o plate armor

And what was said before being able to tell WHO the purple dot on the map is.

One more for the road

Trade = Global Chat

• AganazerAganazer Member Posts: 1,319
    Originally posted by Sabre-TCoS

Consumables bars/quick slots

Please allow emotes to be added to this bar. A simple text macro line would be the most flexible as people could add spoken text to it as well.

a list of emotes would be handy as well lol

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by GamerAeon

Can you not just put a slash in front of the listed emote names in the existing selection menu to activate them? ;)

• triprunnertriprunner Member Posts: 169

- option to toggle the transparency of the chat window (like all black or 75% transparent)

- bigger fonts in chat window

- sneaking

- on screen quest log (progress of the quests, NOT indicator on the map pointing to the quest goal)

- sprint/teleport stone/mount option, too much running around from map to map atm

If You claim to be in touch with the devs, canYou tell us, is there going to be a meaningful PvP in TCoS? By that i mean house/guild owned shards; possible domination of one faction and buffs from it in PvP zones; looting fallen players (not full loot just one item or different reward?).

Thanks. Playing the game atm, it's cool, it has a lot of potential to be even better.

• SigrandSigrand Member UncommonPosts: 367
    Originally posted by triprunner

- option to toggle the transparency of the chat window (like all black or 75% transparent)
    - bigger fonts in chat window
    - sneaking
    - on screen quest log (progress of the quests, NOT indicator on the map pointing to the quest goal)
    - sprint/teleport stone/mount option, too much running around from map to map atm
    If You claim to be in touch with the devs, canYou tell us, is there going to be a meaningful PvP in TCoS? By that i mean house/guild owned shards; possible domination of one faction and buffs from it in PvP zones; looting fallen players (not full loot just one item or different reward?).
    Thanks. Playing the game atm, it's cool, it has a lot of potential to be even better.

The next patch is introducing a system called Demon Chests in which players collect 3 keys in an area to unlock the demon chest there for some nice loot.  If you kill a player who has any of these keys, you can loot the keys from them.  That makes the PVP there worthwhile.  Also, the arena system will later offer certain bonuses for those who participate, although I don't know when that will be implemented.  Some of the ideas the devs are trying to implement are:

•  Statues of Arena Champions

•  Unlockable sparring grounds within guild bases (obviously this can't be added until guild bases are).

•  When the next shard is implemented guilds will fight against each other and the Vhuul race for control of it - Shard Conquest

It hasn't been said when most of this will make it into the game but it's been in the works for some time since before release.  The demon chests will be a good start in the next patch and the arena system will be implemented.  They may even have the statue system in place when the arena is introduced.

Originally posted by vesavius

Can you not just put a slash in front of the listed emote names in the existing selection menu to activate them? ;)

Not what I mean, I don't know them all and it'd be nice to.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

Are there more than what's listed in the game currently?

Originally posted by Mithrandolir

Are there more than what's listed in the game currently?

Possible

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

I love the fact that the Spellborn DEVS take such a personal interest in the betterment of the game.

That said, I have a coupls of suggestions:

Quests:

More quest options at the level 14-16 range, please. Somewhere other than Ringfell.

Speaking of ringfell...can we maybe tone down the density of the mobs?? Fighting one invariably attracts a never ending stream of adds. To me, it indicates that there is a serious problem if NO ONE can keep even pep level 1 as long as they are there.

The second Vault: I understand it's supposed to be hard....but having your entire health bar wiped out in less than a second is a little over the top.

Maybe some kind of random quest generator in each of the high houses, and / or in major cities?? Would be nice to have both group and solo versions, scalable to level. Would take care of level gaps, and would be nice to just grab a group and roll a group quest. Would help bring the community together...instead of people just grouping for one quest and disbanding once it's done.

Guild:

A filter to the member list to hide those who are offline. I know I can sort by on/off line, but it would rock if I could just filter the offline members out, and then sort by level, or zone. Makes grouping easier.

UI:

The ability to MOVE and RESIZE the windows and UI elements. Personally I'm fine with them, but this is the thing I hear about the most in the game.

The ability to scale the transparency of the chat window. I like a solid black background, myself.

The ability to change the chat colors, and an "extra large" font size.

Items:

More / more useful sigils at lower levels. ( <20)

Classes:

Rune Mage: bug / design flaw....specifically the tendency to set oneself and one's party members on fire. Makes this class almost a liability in a group.

Skinshifter: The ability to fight in some of the animal forms. Combat bonuses / weaknesses according to form.

Skilldeck:

Absolutely NEEDED, are user defined pre-sets. I use a different set of skills in a group than I do solo, and I know many others do the same.

I'll probably think of something more to add to this post later, but these are the things that come to mind at the moment.

All in all, Spellborn is a fastastic game so far, and I'm really enjoying my time in it. You've got a real winner here, I think.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

The developers do seem eager to please. I must say that this game is growing on me. I like the subtle combat differences (compared to other mmos) and the art style is cool. The shards and  shard ship travel are very reminiscent of the D&D Spelljammer series....imo...and that is a plus ...at least for me.   I am uncertain whether I have read about any additional races....any new races to be added in the future?...also...will we ever be able to command/crew our own shard ships...and have battles in "shard space"..with ship boarding and swash buckling type elements ?...

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Thread stickied.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353

If you're going to have nine classes, how about allowing nine characters on a server, rather than making someone who plays alts spread characters across multiple servers? 

• Sabre-TCoSSabre-TCoS Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by Quizzical

If you're going to have nine classes, how about allowing nine characters on a server, rather than making someone who plays alts spread characters across multiple servers? 

Yeah, valid point :) current limit is 7.... so definately useful.

Hi again, I guess this idea fit's in this section;

Combat:

Personal weapon proficiency;

The more you use your favourite weapon the better you get with it, break, lose or sell it and you start again, even if it's a similar weapon type.

Of course the proficiency would add a combat bonus based on how high your proficiency is with that weapon.

General weapon proficiency;

You could also make a general weapon proficiency, if the player only uses long swords, they should get a general proficiency with a longsword as well as a personal proficiency for that particular longsword they own and use all the time.

break, lose or sell it and you start again with a new longsword, the owner only gets the general weapon proficiency, with a new longsword, no Personal weapon proficiency because they have never use it yet, Personal weapon proficiency has to be rebuilt again for the new longsword.

Change to a completely new weapon type, e.g. a Bastard sword and both general weapon proficiency & Personal weapon proficiency are at zero and both have to be started again on the new bastard sword.

Having weapons need repair after use is a must with this type of rule. Al thou the all weapons are destroyed when removing sigil's might have to change.

I always thought this bit was silly, weapons shouldn't break when removing sigil's the sigil should have the chance to break instead.-(personal thought)

P.S. Also this could work for armour as well.

Hope this helps.

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

I like the proficency idea ^

The sigils below 20,like wharghoul said, really needs some improvement as does the reward rate. A lot of people complain about getting no character advancement early on in game, and that could be fixed by offering sigils as quest rewards instead of tonnes of often useless consumables. It may also help the complete lack of certain shapes.

I think by offering plenty of recipes and sigils in hawks and alden would be a big step forward.

Grinder quests- Quests in each area (repeatable a certain number of times) that simply tell you to kill 30 non specific animals,humans or whatever in an area for a fame reward. Just a way to break up the quest grind and allow you to go off and have some fun slaughtering stuff. I find grindings actually pretty fun in this game.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,353
    Originally posted by redcap036

The more you use your favourite weapon the better you get with it, break, lose or sell it and you start again, even if it's a similar weapon type.

Of course the proficiency would add a combat bonus based on how high your proficiency is with that weapon.

You could also make a general weapon proficiency, if the player only uses long swords, they should get a general proficiency with a longsword as well as a personal proficiency for that particular longsword they own and use all the time.

You wish to strip out the major feature that weapons are merely decorative?  I am appalled!  Are there not enough awful grinding games out there, that you wish to turn this game into one of them, too?

Originally posted by Quizzical

Originally posted by redcap036

You wish to strip out the major feature that weapons are merely decorative?  I am appalled!  Are there not enough awful grinding games out there, that you wish to turn this game into one of them, too?

Are you supose to have a "/sarcasm" on the end of that comment?

Otherwise I don't think you read my proficiency suggestion proberly.