Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Create a critter competition

OpticronOpticron Entropia Universe CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 74

Are you an artist? Know how to use MS paint? Searching a virtual home for the "Loot-eating dragon of doom" you came up with? Now is your chance! Sign up for the official:

Create a critter competition

Draw up the most original looking creature, give it a name, stats and a description that fits into the Calypso history and send your submission to [email protected]. The deadline for submissions is june 1st. The winning entry will have his designs turned into a mob roaming Calypso.

The winner will also receive a Calypso Survival Kit consisting of an Adjusted Hedoc SK-80 Unlimited and an Isis LR53 (L) Improved. The avatar name of the winning entry will be included in the ingame creature description. You can submit more than one entry to increase your chances of winning.

For all the rules aswell as the original announcement visit: www.planetcalypso.com/planet-calypso/events/create-a-critter-competit/index.xml

Good luck to you all!

Comments

• liumlium Member Posts: 138

Yep let do the devs works give them full intellectual property of your design and get paid what small fap and rifle?

Yeah right so they can’t develop and now asking ppl to do it for them but refuse to pay.

I got news for you go develop the egg story (4 years you post pawn the egg) lol at your dev skills and story line none existent.

For those that enter yeah right give mine work copy right for nothing to lazy dev company, do I look crazy?

PS. That work is paid $ by gaming company so at least pay ppl fair price cheap nubs!

• OpticronOpticron Entropia Universe CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 74
    Originally posted by lium

Yep let do the devs works give them full intellectual property of your design and get paid what small fap and rifle?

Yeah right so they can’t develop and now asking ppl to do it for them but refuse to pay.

I got news for you go develop the egg story (4 years you post pawn the egg) lol at your dev skills and story line none existent.

For those that enter yeah right give mine work copy right for nothing to lazy dev company, do I look crazy?

PS. That work is paid $ by gaming company so at least pay ppl fair price cheap nubs!

It's a competition, noone's hiring you to do work. If you like it you compete if you do a great job you win. Some people like the idea of creating something ingame + the items you can win. If you don't or if you value your work too much to sign over IP rights then simply don't submit. It's not a scam, simply a free event with nice prizes, MA might get new ideas for mobs which will benefit everyone by offering a more diverse amount of mobs, what's wrong with that?

Well two thinks are wrong :

1, why will they ask me to give full copy rights to them ? To me it means that if i was game designer i cant ever reproduce the same mob in another game ( and that will cost huge amount of money to be unique ) !

2, why will any out side artist get involved in that project ? Ppl interested are the Entropia players and that news is posted on the front client page and EF. Posting that on this web site is no sance do you even realyse that becose of the bad rep Entropia is to this web site no one even download it not to say play it ?

We discuss games on this web site, this is not publicity free area and all you bring us is the news from the client loader, that any one that play it can see.

And no on this web site ther is mayby 10 ppl that play EU rest dont becose we warned them and god we did good.

• Nytewolf2k7Nytewolf2k7 Member Posts: 181

I'd enter if the individual rights were kept, a name in the mob info isn't enough for me :-p

Sick of playing Entropia Universe? Want to quit, but don't want your hard earned money to vanish? Give your items to ME :-)

Ty night i realy did not like the you give us the full copy right of youre work (sound like if one day you wake up and want money becose you realyse you work is worth more well you are screwed).

Originally posted by Nytewolf2k7

I'd enter if the individual rights were kept, a name in the mob info isn't enough for me :-p

Don't think it'd be workable if they let you keep the rights, what is to say you won't sue them for using it lateron, insist they take it out again or nerf the stats. Isn't it pretty much a standard rule in any creativity competition to turn over the rights of your work?

What would make you reconsider submitting an entry if your name in the mob info is not enough?

Originally posted by lium

2, why will any out side artist get involved in that project ? Ppl interested are the Entropia players and that news is posted on the front client page and EF. Posting that on this web site is no sance do you even realyse that becose of the bad rep Entropia is to this web site no one even download it not to say play it ?

We discuss games on this web site, this is not publicity free area and all you bring us is the news from the client loader, that any one that play it can see.

And no on this web site ther is mayby 10 ppl that play EU rest dont becose we warned them and god we did good.

At the risk of going offtopic yet again. I post here to see if i can turn around some of the bad rep guys like you have been spreading here. I don't have any kind of special inside information so i post the things i read somewhere else if they aren't mentioned here yet. If all goes well maybe we'll get some different viewpoints and (god forbid) start discussing this game instead of simple mud slinging. Simply put, i'm here to encourage people to try EU out for themselves, there's alot of fun to be found

• AlphaGeekAlphaGeek Member UncommonPosts: 193

I've got an idea in mind for this competition, maybe 2. :)

I'll have to dust off my old school gamer skills and think about balance and stuff. :)

Alpha AG Geek
    Founder- Manticore Society

Good luck, I have zero drawing skills so i'll prolly won't compete. Any chance of showing a preview here? 

BTW, the rules have changed a bit, you only sign over the rights to FPC if your entry actually wins.

Thanks for the update on the rules. I know some players did express concern aboutintellectual property rights of the non-winners, this seems to have been allayed.

As for a preview...  not a chance until the deadline is past. LOL

Alpha AG Geek

• Nytewolf2k7Nytewolf2k7 Member Posts: 181

Just a note that the deadline for the competition is THIS monday, the first of June, so get those entries in ;)

(Sorry, I can't link to where I saw this)

Sick of playing Entropia Universe? Want to quit, but don't want your hard earned money to vanish? Give your items to ME :-)

Crap!  A dose or RL has kept me from working on mine!

Guess it'll be a busy weekend, what witht he Chirpy invasion! LOL

Thanks for the reminder, Wolf!

Alpha AG Geek