Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MindArk in need of fresh money = land grab

liumlium Member Posts: 138

MindArk in need of fresh money = land grab

As the Entropia economy is sinking more and more every day, and more and more uber players try to buy their way out MA is suffering mastiff widrow and less and less deposits.

How to try to make ppl deposit and spend money, they make land grab.

It is obvious as the last LG was just few month back in 2008 and before the length of LG was few years.

Way to go, as always the land grab will be disaster as only 3 soc’s in the game can compete ( Warants, M2S and Ck ).

One may wonder what hapend to the 800000 + ppl that made account.

Comments

• OpticronOpticron Entropia Universe CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 74

Let me try and clarify some of Lium's above ramblings:

FPC is hosting another event: Land grab 2009. Basically it's a huge PVP event between societies to claim a land area on Calypso. With that Land area they can determine the wildlife for that area and set future taxes to generate income.

To prevent the top 10 societes snatching all land areas some are exclusively set aside for the numbers 11-50 to claim. If you're currently not in a society you can hire yourself out as mercenary or simply come watch the spectacle and heal/shoot the wounded.

All the rules and the announcement can be found here: planetcalypso.com/news/pages/2009/04/08/8348/index.xml

Happy hunting!

• liumlium Member Posts: 138

I bet those 800000 ppl that play Entropia will all be there.

Who do you try to Bs right there every EU player know the 11 to 50 will be one of the uber soc child soc claiming as the rules DON’T PREVENT UBERS protecting them they just need to be not claimed by UBERS !

Same as we all did (me included) in the last event for the last event whith the avatar agility cap we just made new avatars and give them nice toys.

We always abused the game and always will that why every one quit now cos they realyse they will never do any thing in the game.

I alredy posted 3 top socs that will winn the top forgot the AoW in the first post.

PS. No you cant come to look as you will be instant poped.

PS2. We know MA need money that why the event is taking place, before the LA was every 3 years and now every year whith less that 8 months from the previous one.

Like i say fix the egg, but guss what you will never post that news right becose is alredy 4 years late do you know any SINGLE gaming compagny that post pown something for 4 years ? Pls get new devlopers.

PS3 ; The LA grab is alredy set up warrants and M2S wont fight against each and i bet AoW and Ck will agree the same. Is all set up you are real noob.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Uh, didn't they just become a bank?

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

LoL yeah talk about gaming compagny.

Youre money belong to us :D

Originally posted by Mrbloodworth

Uh, didn't they just become a bank?

Yeah they aquired a swedish banking license, which i think only offers more security for the ingame money because they're regulated/audited by swedish / EU laws. I think they also guarantee the value of peds for deposits up to $60.000 USD. So less worries your PED's will become worthless.

Dude go away pls or stop posting fake news !

Last MA financial report show that if every one was to widrow ther peds at once they will be only able to cover 65% of the total peds in game that FACT !

And how for crist geting banking lisance make youre peds more secured ?

Ppl lost real money whith bank going bankrupt where the FUCK you came from 5 year old ignorant.

Go back in school sweden is not in EU friking moran, how the hell EU banking laws aply ?

I just hate youre ignorant BS posts. Go get facts then come back and post again.

Pissed me off.

Originally posted by lium

Dude go away pls or stop posting fake news !

Last MA financial report show that if every one was to widrow ther peds at once they will be only able to cover 65% of the total peds in game that FACT !

And how for crist geting banking lisance make youre peds more secured ?
    Ppl lost real money whith bank going bankrupt where the FUCK you came from 5 year old ignorant.

Go back in school sweden is not in EU friking moran, how the hell EU banking laws aply ?

I just hate youre ignorant BS posts. Go get facts then come back and post again.
    Pissed me off.

Hehehe, maybe it's you who should get his facts straight, no need to get all worked up and personal though ;)

• Almost every bank will go bankrupt if all clients withdraw their money the same time, it's called investments.
    • Unless i'm severely mistaken Sweden has been a member of the EU since 1995: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden
    • As i understand it, If a government guarantees an amount of money (like the Dutch did for Iceland savings) it means that in case of bankruptcy the government will return you your money up to that amount, so the same goes for your PEDS in Mindarks case.

Ok im going to try to tell you in nanosapians words.

1, Banks dont work like that and no if every one was to widrow at once they will not go bankrupt becose in real bank they use the money to work whith so they generate money whith money (it will be to long to give details how real life bank works, buy book)

2, yes sweden is in EU (LoL at you ) that why they use krona as curancy and not Euro. Is like to say that Uk is in EU by using british pound you got no clue what is EU aparantly and what are the financial laws. Again go buy book.

3, If i was you i will erase the 3 before someone else see it (just to not make you look real sily ) why will the gouvernement of sweden back up ONE SINGLE of the gamers ped in Entropia ?

MinDark bank is MB and is not linked to Entropia in ANY way ! Now if you were to open saving account in MB yes but no ONE single of youre peds are due by the swedeb gouvernement.If you dont understand part 3 i cant help you further.

I get upset some time when i see ppl posting grazy stuff.

Originally posted by lium

Ok im going to try to tell you in nanosapians words.

1, Banks dont work like that and no if every one was to widrow at once they will not go bankrupt becose in real bank they use the money to work whith so they generate money whith money (it will be to long to give details how real life bank works, buy book)

2, yes sweden is in EU (LoL at you ) that why they use krona as curancy and not Euro. Is like to say that Uk is in EU by using british pound you got no clue what is EU aparantly and what are the financial laws. Again go buy book.

3, If i was you i will erase the 3 before someone else see it (just to not make you look real sily ) why will the gouvernement of sweden back up ONE SINGLE of the gamers ped in Entropia ?

MinDark bank is MB and is not linked to Entropia in ANY way ! Now if you were to open saving account in MB yes but no ONE single of youre peds are due by the swedeb gouvernement.If you dont understand part 3 i cant help you further.

I get upset some time when i see ppl posting grazy stuff.

I give up, you're obviously way smarter than i am

For anyone who wants to make up his/her own mind here's the full press release: www.virtualworldsnews.com/2009/03/mindark-brings-real-banking-into-entropia-universe.html

[EDIT] what the heck, just for fun: "The United Kingdom was one of the 12 founding members of the European Union at its launch in 1992" (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_kingdom)

• Nytewolf2k7Nytewolf2k7 Member Posts: 181

I think MA actually make more proffit from those skillgain events, just look at their latest financial report on their corporate site ;)

Sick of playing Entropia Universe? Want to quit, but don't want your hard earned money to vanish? Give your items to ME :-)

Ofc they did.

Are you happy that for years ther was no events (only few story lines events like the egg, that is roten now ) and once they are in need of money they make events for players.

That compagny never cared one cent about players is all about youre peds !

• AlphaGeekAlphaGeek Member UncommonPosts: 193

Meanwhile, back in the world of the sane and rational, Opti is right!

Landgrab is indeed coming. The winners will get land charters valid for a 9 month period. During that time, they may stock and maintain wildlife on the land. The land owners will get a percentage of any loot from hunters or miners on their land area.

Rules this year do indeed seem exculde any but the top 50 skilled societies, but since those factions are the only ones that realistically have a chance of engaging forces defending a claim markern and then defending the claim marker from subsequent attacks,  it sort of makes sense that the rules would be written in a manner to address those groups rather than all Societies on Calypso.

Unfortunately, the society I am a member of isn't large enough or powerful enough to take part as a major force in the landgrab. That being said, we have a few ideas that we may try to bring to the table as a mercenary unit, or perhaps just try to tip the table at our whim. :) I'm sure we'll manage to have fun!

AG

Alpha AG Geek
    Founder- Manticore Society