Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Housing......Player citys ?

ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

Is housing still as minimal  as it has been in the past ? Did I note a reference to player citys ? Can someone please explain ?

Comments

• burmeseburmese Member Posts: 546

Free players can get Rubi-Ka apartments in the major cities.  There are player cities with buildings you can enter but free players cannot enter those buildings - however, allowing free players access to some org buildings is due in an upcoming patch.  Subscribers with the Shadowlands expansion can get Jobe apartments and, for some paid points, Jobe Luxury apartments.  Orbital luxury apartments are due in a future patch, the Game Director posted some artwork on them in a recent weekly address.

~\_/~\_O

• BrezjnevBrezjnev Member UncommonPosts: 98

The use of appartments is still as marginal as it ever was before. The last time I've seen the inside of someone elses appartment was over 2 years ago.

AI (Alien Invasion) cities never really took off as a social meeting place. Although with bars, a parliament room, a brawl arena and a swimming pool, it's pretty clear that FC had intended them to be a social gathering ground. When they were first released, it was still possible to get froobs and non-org members inside the buildings and my organisation used it for gatherings/parties. Later on FC cealed off this "exploit", removing any social applications it could have had. Nowadays the sky bar (outside, so no admission needed) or a rooftop of one the buildings are still used to keep organisation or inter-organisation meetings. Personally I don't know of any parties that were held at an AI city in the past 2 years.

Most organisations chose one backyard garden (the small area after one of the old starting areas) as a social gathering place for the organisation: a place to keep mules and return back to when you pass through one of the major hubs. Parties are usually held in Reets Retreat.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

The whole appartment thing in AO is one of the most botched feature in this game, maybe beside the Jobe one's, they are useless.   I play this game during 2 years and i dont remember hearing about anyone using an appartement.

Players city that's an other thing.   When AI lauches, Orgs were able to buy city lot and build stuff on it.  We're talking about real building you can enter with stuff in it like tradeskill machine, vendors machine, etc...   Also having a city allow that org to spawn alien raid, which was the main reason to have a city.

• ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108
    Originally posted by Aguitha

The whole appartment thing in AO is one of the most botched feature in this game, maybe beside the Jobe one's, they are useless.   I play this game during 2 years and i dont remember hearing about anyone using an appartement.
    Players city that's an other thing.   When AI lauches, Orgs were able to buy city lot and build stuff on it.  We're talking about real building you can enter with stuff in it like tradeskill machine, vendors machine, etc...   Also having a city allow that org to spawn alien raid, which was the main reason to have a city.

What do you mean..."when AI launches " ?

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

AI = Alien Invasion, one of the AO expansion like SL (Shadowlands) and NW (Notum Wars).