Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's your favorite DC heroe?

My favorite DC heroe is Batman because he is the only heroe without any super powers hehe.

Comments

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

Originally posted by Hunters14

My favorite DC heroe is Batman because he is the only heroe without any super powers hehe.

Hey, Green Arrow and Blue Beetle dont' have powers either! And S.T.R.I.P.E. is a guy in a power suit too.

But I agree, I rather like heroes who don't have superpowers and seeing how they can keep up with the powerhouses like Superman and Green Latern.

Justice League Unlimited had an excellent episode (Patriot Act) where heroes without any inherent superpowers fought a Superman-level strength villain (A mutated General Eiling if you wanted the show). It was a very good episode.

• ZerocydeZerocyde Member UncommonPosts: 412

wtf is a heroe?

"It is in your nature to do one thing correctly; Before me, you rightfully tremble. But, fear is not what you owe me. You owe me awe." ~Francis Dolarhyde

• KebeckKebeck Member Posts: 323

Is it just me .. or does Marvel have all the cool super heroes ?

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678

Superman is my favorite.  It isn't because he has a ton of powers.  It's because he has the moral fortitude to not be corrupted by that much power.  That kind of integrity is something everyone should strive for.

• DrachasorDrachasor Member Posts: 2,678
    Originally posted by Kebeck

Marvel is totally emo.  They have a bad tendency to make their heroes do really stupid things too (like Spiderman making a deal with the devil, literally, and trading his marriage and unborn child so that Aunt May could live for a few years more -- seriously, wtf?)

• kiltakkiltak Member Posts: 103
    Originally posted by Drachasor

Originally posted by Kebeck

Marvel is totally emo.  They have a bad tendency to make their heroes do really stupid things too (like Spiderman making a deal with the devil, literally, and trading his marriage and unborn child so that Aunt May could live for a few years more -- seriously, wtf?)

And how is DC any different. I mean right now Bruce Wayne is considered Dead and every one is fighting over the mantle of the Bat. O and don't get me started on Superman. I mean right now there so many Kryptonians running around its not even funny. That is just to start with.

Let me put it this way, both companys have there ups and downs. I think Marvel has the more interesting characters, because none are really God like. However Marvel has just bad writing in general. Were DC has the most boring character (side from maybe Batman titles) but has some of the best writers.

I mean you take a character like Superman, great character but he could be so much greater then he is. The problem is Superman is over powered. I love Superman, he's a great character but he is also frigen boring. I mean whats point when he wins all the time, there no real villains that can give him the fight of his life, make his life a living hell.

Let me tell you how I would write Superman. I would turn the entire world against him. Then I would bring in a villain who figures out clark is Superman, this villain would remain in the shadows unsean. This villain would proceed to dismantle Clarks life, cause him to lose his job, his wife, this villain would take everything from him. Then just when Superman thinks things can't get any worse, I would destroy Lois Lanes mind. I would have the villian destroy Lois mind till she is so far gone that she makes the Joker look insane. Then I when Superman has nothing else to loose I would bring in the villian for the first time. Thats when the real pain starts, I would have Superman get beat down like a dog in the streets, but I wouldn't let the villian kill Superman, that would be benath this villain. No my villian would make Superman his personal *&%$! after taking over the world.

Then I would let Superman make a come back. The battle of all battles. I would want to push Superman beyond his breaking point, test him mentally, pyshically, spiritual. I would bring him to the depths of hell and make him claw his way out. Now do you know why, its because the lower you take your hero, the more fun it is to watch them come back. It's more fun to watch a character be dragged through depths of hell and then watch them crawl there way out of it. This is the reason why Spiderman is such a popular character, because they show time and time why he is a hero. Superman is whinny over powered little !@*$.

I love DC comics but they flat out over power all ther characters thus there characters are boring beyond words, all expect Batman titles. Heck I get more of a thrill out of reading Archie comics then I do out of reading DC comics.

• kingfelixkingfelix Member UncommonPosts: 214

Ambush Bug! But seriously, that's hard to answer. I think Green Arrow is probably my fav Justice Leaguer.

As for the whole Marvel/DC debate, I think they both have awesome characters but lately there has been some awful writing on both sides.

Also, I just gotta say I hate it when people say Superman is overpowered. Superman is supposed to represent the ultimate superhero archetype. I mean, he's where the term "superhero" comes from. He is supposed to stand out among the rest. And it's not like he doesn't have his weaknesses.

• gothamgotham Member Posts: 26

Batman

• kingfelixkingfelix Member UncommonPosts: 214

Also, I just gotta say that I don't care what anyone else says, Aquaman is fucking rad.

• LighttipLighttip Member UncommonPosts: 24

I'd have to say The Flash.  But most of the comics I've collected over the years are Marvel.  Flash and Green Lantern are the only DC I have.

• panzerclawpanzerclaw Member Posts: 30

All about the Bat and Green Arrow

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

The Question or The Creeper.

• ZanetanosZanetanos Member Posts: 146

Obviously Batman is not ony the best DC hero, but the best super hero ever.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Mine too, for the same reasons. And Bats is just cool. :)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• n0hmaddn0hmadd Member Posts: 29

Lobo.....However they probably dont do to many storys with Him anymore, boy am I out of touch with the comics scean *cry*

I really liked Swamp Thing also...always was a Big *Bernie Wrightson Fan*

(back in the day when Comic book artist actually knew how to draw the Human anatomy in realistic proportions)

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

I started with comics in the 70s, and worked at a comic shop during high school in the mid to later 80s.

Back then Marvel ruled over DC. Frank Miller going over to DC to recreate Batman was the start of DCs change(along with Crisis on INfinite Earths to clean up continuity problems). I havent followed comics in 20 yrs, and it surprises me to hear folks carry on about DC. Cause as I said, back then there wasnt much going on.

Probably the best thing they had in the mid 80s was Swamp Thing by Alan Moore. It was gothic horror-ish....totally awesome. Steven Bissitte and John Tottleben(hope I spelled their names right) was drawing/inking the awesome visuals to go with Alans scripts. I got several books auto graphed by both of em(never met Moore) at a comic convention. I really enjoyed the story line leading up to Swampy understanding his Earth Elemental capabilities.

Other than Swamp Thing there was The Teen Titans, and various Batmans could be entertaining. John Byrne ended up leaving Marvel to revamp SUperman during the 80s as well...although that project was highly over rated.

Another comic I enjoyed back then was a guy named Vigilante which was a spin off from Titans. He was basically a Punisher clone, but was pretty cool with his nun-chuks. I believe they ended up getting rid of him cause of the violence. Nowadays folks wouldnt bat an eye.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

The ORIGINAL Batman was the best imho (1939-1950s).  He didn't have all this darkness surrounding him, too emo now days, basically he was a detective with detective tools.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

False, Nightwing (grown up Robin) is his own hero with no powers. :-p Green Arrow didn't have powers either....just sayin'

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• soap46soap46 Member Posts: 169
    Originally posted by kingfelix

Also, I just gotta say that I don't care what anyone else says, Aquaman is fucking rad.

This statement, sir, is full of win. 

But for me (not really sure if this counts...  it's a graphic novel, not a comic) it's gotta be Rorschach.  The man kills a midget.  In a freaking prison bathroom.  Enough said.

• clwoodsclwoods Member Posts: 625

<----------------

• Ddgrfn11Ddgrfn11 Member Posts: 7

Green Lantern by far is the coolest IMO.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Bat-Mite or Mr. Mxyzptlk but..

My favorite DC heroe is Batman because he is the only heroe without any super powers hehe.

Tons of DC heroes don't have super powers, lol.

• blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615

personally, my fav's in dc are Manhunter (the Mark Shaw version), and his nemesis from the first few issues, Dumas (who was a damned tool but his armor was sweet looking).

Following them I'd say Green Lantern, and Nightwing (hated robin, nightwing was good tho)

Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • HahhnsHahhns Member Posts: 210

I would say superman

He has great powers but has also great weaknesses. He cannot kill, its a very very bad thing when you cant kill you worst enemy. Also he has the fortitude to never let mankind down,  He also cannot die, No super hero has as much responsibility as superman. He has to be everywhere at once, He also has 2 weaknesses Kryptonite and Magic(any cosmic being that has a super power is considered magic ability and is a weakness to superman).

there was a great issue way back where he fought Shazam, ans shazam was crushing superman to where he was bleeding out his eyes, eras, nose , mouth. His shear will to not let humankind down forced him to get a surge of power to oversome his enemy. Superman cant fail. When he was beaten by doomsday he did not die he was just beaten toooo bad it took him a long time to regenerate.

• blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Originally posted by kiersteadmo

Superman cant fail.

and thus he's a useless read.  Honestly, what's the appeal in a faultless, can't loose hero?  The only people I know who liked Superman are the same people who don't believe police can be corrupt because if they wear a badge they're automatically angels of society.

Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.