Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I humbly bow and ask forgiveness...

2»

Comments

• Spadez88Spadez88 Member Posts: 88

i Loved WOW when it 1st came out. i was like WOW a huge Mythlagical world just for me and my friends with every thing i could ever want! I loved the old world content. it was really really nice. The citys were always fun to just chill in with my guild and friends. then the Xpack came out i was happy about that. untill i actulay played it. Just seemed like a bad novel that tryed to blend future with past. i played eventaly accepting that wow was changeing. they then put out the blood elf island. that was mildley entertaing and it kept my intrest with new gear and easy cash makeing. then they changed spec's. i loved that and i was like hells ya they are makein this worth playing the next Xpac. Hell i was the one survival hunter in my guild and they made my spec even better. Then the Xpac came out and i played for a month or 2. looked at the content and then looked at how much time i wasted playing wow. cancled my membership and left. After years of playing on and off. i look back it was mabey 3 years. even if my old threads did say 1 year it had to be close to 3, i find my self looking back at what wow was not what it is now. i mean we have bikes now? really? kind of killed it for me that and many other things.  Hell if you like the game grats and have fun but too me it jsut seems like its a water down version of what it used to be. I had to Slap my friend playing DnD the other day becase he wanted to make a death knight. Shows what reach blizzard has. its a affecting a game thats older then the company its self. could be worse we all could be spending time bitching about this ga.....OMG ITS HAPPENING! THEY HAVE TAKEN OVER EVERY THING IN THE MMO COMMUNITY!!! just playing = )

• repsemrepsem Member Posts: 8

I've played WoW since the day it came out. I completely finished our Naxx pre-bc. The problem is that they do recylce game mechanics that we've all seen before. If not in wow, in other games. The patchwerk encounter was one that was almost completely taken from another game. There also weren't many new mechanics introduced to raid bosses in BC. Ulduar 3.1 raid bosses are just Frankenstein encounters. They're made up of several different mechanics we've already seen before. It's not new content IMO.  Hell, WoW and Starcraft seem ripped from Warhammer and Warhammer 40k anyway.  Maybe they've never done anything original

I could give you a 12 page report on things they recycle, but it wouldn't really be worth my time.  It's also probably not worth my time to write this. BTW, I am still paying blizzard to do their recycled content. All though, that will end soon. I'm glad that you're having a fun time, but do read what people post here. A good 90% of the people who hate wow have it right.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949

WoW is truly a testament to prove that some people never get sick of doing the same thing 24/7/365...and they'll pay to do it!!

• repsemrepsem Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by templarga

Originally posted by repsem

A good 90% of the people who hate wow have it right.

Have what right? People play the game they play to have fun and for no other reason (or so I hope). People who like WOW like it for a reason and people who hate it hate it for reasons, but it all boils down to personal opinion. There is no right or wrong game and no right or wrong opinion on the game. People who play EQ and DAOC have it right - in their opinion and people who play Darkfall have it right  - in their opinion. And people who play WOW have it right, in their opinion.

Sure WOW has changed and it isn't the game it use to be. The reasons it changed are varied but in the end, people who like the changes will continue to play. I hated TOA in DAOC and stopped playing. Other loved it. Neither are right or wrong, just a difference of opinion. Same with WOW. We are talking about opinion and people's interpretations of the game, not right and wrong.

I was more or less referring to the fact that 99% of the game has been recycled with a new coat of paint.  If people are having fun with the game, great.  Blizzard is a business and they're good at doing business.  I really don't know anyone in game now that actually thinks the game is really all that fun.  They really just play because they know other people that play.  It almost seems like it's just a big social meeting place for gamers with little mini games to play while you talk to other people.

You're right though.  A lot of people like playing the diluted and recycled game.  As long as people keep paying their $15 a month, Blizzard doesn't really care.  It's just more money in the piggy bank for their new game :)

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282
    Originally posted by Zorndorf

Originally posted by JGMIII

Originally posted by templarga

Originally posted by Ramonski7

I've noticed that with each expansion WOW seems to grow and cater to it's fanbase. This is a good thing.

Wow, someone on these forums actually gets what I have been saying for months now! Blizzard knows their fanbase and knows what they want and they cater to them. They put their fans first. Some deluded people here believe Blizzard should cater to those people who do not play the game which makes me worry if they do run a business.

Wow isn't perfect, but its a game for its fans. Blizzard isn't trying to please every gamer out there just the player who plays WOW. And there is nothing wrong with that  (at least not right now).

Yep your right the WoW player base definetly wants limited instanced pvp, a tedious pvp zone, easier dungeons, imbalanced classes and daily quests that turn the game into a job.

Do you actually read the WoW forums? Alot of WoW players are so addicted they won;t leave but believe me those guys are bitching about the game and the direction blizzard is taking the whole thing.

I don't remember one person back in the day asking Blizzard to make WoW a Esport.

You are playing War now.

Damn right I am as my Second MMO behind Eve Online which is also a much better Pvp experience then WoW by far.

No dueling, no Arena play option, NO PvP data to gather to tune classes.

This is a Group focused Game we don't need duels or lame Esports to mess up balance, WAR is more balanced then WoW, Classes here have clear cut disadvantages by design to have player focus more on team play.

NO Lake Wintergrasp (the destructable keeps, the tank to tank battles, the moving Siege artillery....)

Only one lame zone that lags like a bitch with over 100 people in it, people treat that PoS zone like its a daily quest and leave... it's souless. last night in WAR I had 3 warbands in tier 2 content and we fought over Zone control over three and a half hours. WAR is just a better pvp game and a much better group pvp experience. WoW can't compare.

NO Massively 100/100 world battles EVERY night multiple times on EVERY server.

Every night I hold mu;ltiple Warband Orvr fights with crazy ass keep battles and EVERY server in WAR at peak times is packed with Orvr thats what we do and mythic is the best at it. You should log into the trial man, the servers are crowded.

NO daily world PvP quests with a PVE theme to eliminate those artificial War RvR zones (with chicken mechanics).

We don't need a limited daily quest for pvp ORvR zones have multiple quests that can be done over and over as you control a BO or keep, And the chicken mechanic is in place to stop newb WoW players like urself from ganking low levels (we all know WoW players love doing that). As a side note Orvr servers dont have that mechanic.

ALL BG's available at end game level.

Gratz you have 5+ bland BGs at endgame while I've had 3 every tier and 8+ at endgame plus new SCs added for events lol......

NO DUAL spec classes and classes that can be full tanks, full dps, full healers with just the setting of the 61 talent settings.

We don't need it, we have real classes here that rely on groups and team work, not lame jack of all trade classes that toss pvp balance out the window.

Wow's fluid PvP spell actions and responsiveness is unmatched in the mmorpg world and .... everyone knows it - even the haters.

WoWs pvp is nothing but a skillless strafefest while rolling my face along my keyboard with macros. It takes actual skill to use a tank in WAR rvr, while my WoW warrior can spamm four abilities and pwn people. Also WARs gameplay tosses the FPS kiddies out in thier ass forcing them to actually think about the situation around them and not just move around like chickens with heads cut off to win.

Wow, yeah----> now you know why 600.000 left War in their first 3 months (75% of the player base).

All WoW players that never intended to stay in the first place, now with the trial WAR is booming with packed Orvr and PQs in the pve areas. My guild is over 380 members large with over 100 Ex wow players that just left WotLK I can count the guys on one hand that havent bought the game after  the trial.  Hell most of them are already messing with early T3 and loving the crazy ass battles and all consider WG lame.

And about 100 times better PVE and 3D "fly over" world design than War will ever have tx to those morons like Mark Jacobs.

You call sad scheduled raids and daily quests that turn WoW into a job better Pve? also WAR isnt a pve game yet still have a better ToK feature and PQs blow away WoWs generic group quests even with thier little phasing mechanic, what good is WoWs Pve if everyone solos 24/7?

Jesus it is NOT difficult to see why Wow retention is 10 times better than the game you play now.

WoW is crack, WAR is a much better game from level/Rank 1, its a total experience in every tier. WoW is a freak of nature full of a addicted playerbase that enjoys a vanilla basic feature EQ knock off.

See Zorn I can pull this shit out of my ass also, just like you.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• BelliseBellise Member Posts: 32

I've played WoW since the day it came out. I completely finished our Naxx pre-bc. The problem is that they do recylce game mechanics that we've all seen before. If not in wow, in other games. The patchwerk encounter was one that was almost completely taken from another game. There also weren't many new mechanics introduced to raid bosses in BC. Ulduar 3.1 raid bosses are just Frankenstein encounters. They're made up of several different mechanics we've already seen before. It's not new content IMO.  Hell, WoW and Starcraft seem ripped from Warhammer and Warhammer 40k anyway.  Maybe they've never done anything original
    I could give you a 12 page report on things they recycle, but it wouldn't really be worth my time.  It's also probably not worth my time to write this. BTW, I am still paying blizzard to do their recycled content. All though, that will end soon. I'm glad that you're having a fun time, but do read what people post here. A good 90% of the people who hate wow have it right.

Warhammer ripped so much from Tolkien's work. Blasphemy.  

'Most powerful is he who controls his own power.'

• Jerid13Jerid13 Member Posts: 465
    Originally posted by Bellise

Every Fantasy story rips "so much" off Tolkien.

Orcs are entirely his, so is Mythril. 

Every game has both of those.

People who hate WoW because the Endgame is dull after doing it a hundred times need to tell me what they still find fun after constantly repeating the same thing over and over again.

I mean honestly, every theme park will end up with you grinding the most recent content until your blue in the face.  Most people get tired of repeating things again and again, it doesn't really mater what you are repeating.

I used to love playing in a band, but after a while it got old, just like raiding in WoW did.

The only reason to play an MMO is for the social aspect, if your looking for a great adventure there are hundreds of single player games that can provide a pleathora of entertaining stories.

Find a guild, make friends, play game.

ANY Game will have the same problems, if you arn't playing it to make friends your playing it for the wrong reasons.

• BelliseBellise Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by Jerid13

Originally posted by Bellise

Every Fantasy story rips "so much" off Tolkien.

Orcs are entirely his, so is Mythril. 

Every game has both of those.

People who hate WoW because the Endgame is dull after doing it a hundred times need to tell me what they still find fun after constantly repeating the same thing over and over again.

I mean honestly, every theme park will end up with you grinding the most recent content until your blue in the face.  Most people get tired of repeating things again and again, it doesn't really mater what you are repeating.

I used to love playing in a band, but after a while it got old, just like raiding in WoW did.

The only reason to play an MMO is for the social aspect, if your looking for a great adventure there are hundreds of single player games that can provide a pleathora of entertaining stories.

Find a guild, make friends, play game.

ANY Game will have the same problems, if you arn't playing it to make friends your playing it for the wrong reasons.

Exactly. 

'Most powerful is he who controls his own power.'

• AngorimAngorim Member Posts: 466
    Originally posted by Thradar

WoW is truly a testament to prove that some people never get sick of doing the same thing 24/7/365...and they'll pay to do it!!

You, sir, deserve a +1 for this post.  Made my day.

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    <Mod Edit>

Answering your own created posts won't do you any good mate. Reported.

I just happen to love playing World of Warcraft and certainly its PvP, like so many in the world of mmorpg's.

So I defend my game and its excellent game mechanics.

If that doesn't suit you in a .... Wow forum  , go ----> that way.

Bravo Zorndorf, these guys are still in here spewing their poison? I mean come on already. Get with the program. You are in a WoW forum trying to belittle the players that play and gained as much distance as a monkey running on ice with tap dancing shoes. It's fruitless for you to try anymore. FAILED! You and the game you play will not find anymore players to share your current passion. It's like those people that try to stop you in the mall to take one of those damn surveys.....so you try not to make eye contact in hopes that they don't bother you, only to have them ask you anyway....one word....SCRAM!

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by Ramonski7

<Mod Edit>

I just happen to love playing World of Warcraft and certainly its PvP, like so many in the world of mmorpg's.

Bravo Zorndorf, these guys are still in here spewing their poison? I mean come on already. Get with the program. You are in a WoW forum trying to belittle the players that play and gained as much distance as a monkey running on ice with tap dancing shoes. It's fruitless for you to try anymore. FAILED! You and the game you play will not find anymore players to share your current passion. It's like those people that try to stop you in the mall to take one of those damn surveys.....so you try not to make eye contact in hopes that they don't bother you, only to have them ask you anyway....one word....SCRAM!

It should be noted that this thread STARTED in the Pub in the General Discussion forums, and was later moved to the WoW forums.

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

• MagterMagter Member Posts: 289
    Originally posted by soap46

So after years of not playing the beast known as WoW, (I played for about 4- 5 months at launch) I was recently convinced by a few co-workers to give it another go. 

Let's just say I was wrong. 

I originally left the game because the community was becoming gawd awful.  The game itself was actually pretty damn good.  But the players...  So loving immature...  Since then I had been bouncing around between many, many mmo's, both free and p2p. 

So after hours of my fellow employees touting the merits of the game, and me bashing it, I decided that I would shut them up by downloading the trial and at least trying it again.  I'm glad I did.  Blizz has done a great job of of polishing this game up.  The community has actually seemed to mature with the game as well.  Given, when you have 11 million people playing together you are bound to run into a few jackasses, but for the VAAAAAASST majority the players have been really cool and fun to play with. 

Also, there is sooooooo much new content.  Almost too much.  But that is in no way a bad thing. 

So, if you're a former player like me that left and hated on the game for a while, I'd say at least give it a try.  Do yourself a favor.  If you don't, you'll be missing out on a highly polished and all around great experience. 

Once again, I humbly bow and ask forgiveness for my sins..  = P

And if anyone wants to play  -  Slowbeef - Tauren Warrior on Cairne  (low lvl...  literally rolled about 10 mins ago)

I will give you about 2 months after you level cap.

You will probably hate the boring grind of everything in the game or how easy it is to get things now. With 11.5 mil rumored subs which many think is false. Blizzard needs to keep 'em happy so here's "FREE LOOTZ!!!"

I got to 70 3 weeks during BC and won't pay $40 and then another $15 to play a gay game that will take a week to finish.

As far as i'm concerned...there is no end-game content in this game. There is only endless boring grinding. I won't stop you from playing the game but for the record...when you quit, you can look back at this post.

Purpose in life is not to gain things, but experience. - Rover64dd

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007
    Originally posted by Thradar

I have not paid for WoW in 6 month ... Scroll of resurection+MMORPG.com FTW

A big thank you to all who took up the offer =D

• donmaximodonmaximo Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by HydrobluntX

Originally posted by JGMIII

You finally did it. im putting ur ass on ingnore for being a trolling, flaming fanboi that pulls shit out his ass every chance he gets. 

<Duplicate accounts are bad m'kay>

I played WoW from 2004 till early 2009 and generally had a great time over that expanse. I made some good friends who I even play EvE with now (which is the game I've moved on to). Are there horrible faults in WoW? Yes, certainly. Is it still a fun game? Generally speaking, yes.

I agree with whoever said that arguing the merits of a game; especially based on numbers (as Zorndorf loves to) is pretty pointless. Either you'll like it or you won't, or you did and you don't now, whatever the case - people outgrow games likfe kids outgrow clothes and eventually every one moves on to something different.

My main gripe is with the above response. Zorndorf seems to be pretty "statisticaly" knowledgable about WoW (perhaps bordering on obsessed) but refusing to hear critisizm of your game will not make it better. Really, it'll probably make it worse. Instead of blasting people with stats (some of which I've seen repeated numerous times in seperate threads) you might try ackowledging the fact that we're all gamers too, and our opinions are valid as paying (or formerly paying) customers of Blizzard's product. Telling people to leave the WoW forum if they have nothing good to say about WoW is entirely couter-productive...in my opinion.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by soap46

I'm not playing because I want something that's "hardcore". 

I'm playing because I'm a full time college student with a double major that also works 35+ hours a week and want something that's fast and fun to play.  You know, something that I can play for 1 or 2 hours and accomplish something in the game.  Something that I can play and chat with my friends on vent.  Something that doesn't have a clunky skill system, crafting system, or anything else for that matter.  Just something polished, streamlined, and fun.  

I've played countless other games, and I'll admit that there are games that do some things better than WoW.  However, I just like having a game that has good everything.  (PVP...  eh... could be better.  But it's fun.)  Not a game that has one great thing and mountains of crap surrounding it.

I don't want to play something with 13 hour long raids.  That's not fun to me. 

And yes, i know what endgame is like.  I had a lvl 60 undead mage pre BC. 

And for anyone who thinks they are hardcore for gaming (not directed at anyone in this thread... yet), you're dumb as hell.  Games are about fun, not work.  You wanna be hardcore?  Go live in Darfur. 

Well said. My life exists outside the gaming world, not in it.  I have a job and go to college at the same time. I'm not going to play a game where I have to stand around someplace begging for people to let me play with them so I can advance. That shit wasn't popular in it's day and is why developers have moved away from it. If a game becomes a chore and isn't fun, then people won't play it. At least not enough for a company to justify the expense.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft