Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Midgard Faction on the Classic Servers -FRIENDS-

EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

If any of you are looking to try Midgard out on the classic servers and need some friends to level with, shoot me a PM if you want. I know making it back to DAoC for some and new players alike, well it can be difficult to figure out whats going on in the game.

I had the hardest time adapting to the controls and commands once again and finding the right User Interface mod to use for the game. When you go into the game it can be overwhelming at 1st.

I made it back to DAoC about 1 month ago and still re-learning this game once again. With real life work and school its hard to hardcore like I once was in any game.

So that you know, we usually play after 9-10PM EST weekdays for a few hours and use my buddies Ventrilo system.

Anyways, if you need help in game, dont hesitate to ask. My main is a lvl 38 Runemaster named Rorre-Lamorak

Comments

• sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375

Heya Highplains. I tried looking you up last week after resubbing, but couldn't catch you on. I'll look for you again this week while playing.

I've been having a blast the last week and a half and am level 22 now, farming Mirkwood Forest. My character's name is Glavial, who is a thane.

Hopefully more people will resub and we can get the classic cluster population healthy again.

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by sevitoth

Heya Highplains. I tried looking you up last week after resubbing, but couldn't catch you on. I'll look for you again this week while playing.
    I've been having a blast the last week and a half and am level 22 now, farming Mirkwood Forest. My character's name is Glavial, who is a thane.

Hopefully more people will resub and we can get the classic cluster population healthy again.

Sounds good! I will keep an eye out for ya when I am on.

• GilcroixGilcroix Member UncommonPosts: 262

Hi guys,

I just resubbed and was wondering if you could answer a couple quick questions for me.

If i am playing on Lamorak server will i still being doing the PvE stuff with the other 2 classic servers or only frontiers stuff?

I know classic doesn't have ToA content but what about the 3 expansions after that? I have Catacombs and Darkness rising but do not have the Minotaur one. I'm wondering if i should bother buying it.

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142
    Originally posted by Senjinn

Hi guys,
    I just resubbed and was wondering if you could answer a couple quick questions for me.
    If i am playing on Lamorak server will i still being doing the PvE stuff with the other 2 classic servers or only frontiers stuff?
    I know classic doesn't have ToA content but what about the 3 expansions after that? I have Catacombs and Darkness rising but do not have the Minotaur one. I'm wondering if i should bother buying it.

On the classic server you have access to all BUT the ToA stuff.  Also, the only zone that is not shared is the housing area.  Each server in that cluster has it's own.  Other then that everything is shared, frontiers, main land, DF, BG's, capital cities.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

Thanks for the info Illius. :)

Where would be the best place for a level 9 skald to start leveling once done with the tutorial?

Where would be the best place for a level 9 skald to start leveling once done with the tutorial?

Port to Vasudheim and pick up all the quests there. Most mobs will be around your level.

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

Ok thanks Sevitoth.

My skald's name is Sethros.  Feel free to send me a tell if ya ever need a skald.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Senjinn.. I will look for you online as well.. If you need any game help.

Name is: Rorre

Once you get a decent hang of the Skald as a class go into the Battle Grounds.  Since you have speed or will have speed it will make it very easy for you to pick of lone enemies from the other realms.  I used to enjoy soloing as a skald quite a bit, especially in the 20-24 BG.  You have lots of interrupts as well so you can keep a caster from doing anything.  You just rush them and space out your mezz, snare, and your 2 DD shouts so that every time they try to cast you hit them with one.

One of my favorite tactics was to spec hammer and get the side stun style.  Basically, you rush them, hit them with any style and dump your 2 DD shouts and then mezz.  Make sure you are no longer auto attacking so the mezz sticks and does not break.  As they are mezzed line up your side style.  Wait it out a bit and let the mezz hold for as long as you feel comfortable so that your DD's cool downs recharge back in case you need them.  Hit them with the sidestyle so they get stunned, then hit the same style again just for an extra hit and then hit the followup.  Usually if it's a caster they'll be dead after that, if not then just finish it with an auto swing and don't waste your mana on the shouts.  If it's someone a big meatyer then you might have to shout them to death as well.

If you do all this right with some practice killing solo people becomes quite easy provided they don't resist.  I would level in the BG's when I played simply because the exp from players is greater then any mobs you kill.  If there is a shortage of players then just go to town on the mobs in there, they used to give higher exp then the stuff outside the RVR zones.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

My only problem with that strategy is that i specced in axe. 8(

My character's name is Glavial. Feel free to look me up too.

My only problem with that strategy is that i specced in axe. 8(

That's fine, hammer is not mandatory, it just takes the whole debilitate strategy a step further.  Use axe and just set up for any side or back or whatever style that you find does the most damage.  Get a nice slow weapon.  The slower the better because your per hit damage will go up to make up for the slow speed.  If I remember correctly there was something called "mourning axe" and it was dropped by a dirge either for a quest or as a one time drop.  Look into it and get it.  It is the slowest weapon available and a lot of Crit-Blades use it to do Perforate Artery.  It gets you that huge first hit that they are looking for and you might be looking for as well. 

Look around and ask in the /advice channel.  I think the people actively playing the game can point you tow where you need to go better then I can.

Kk thanks Illius. I also found out i get a free respec at 20. So i can spec into hammer then if i want to.

When i resubbed i made both a skald and a warlock. I never got to try out any of the newer classes , with the exception of Vampiir. I figured skald would win out though since thats what i used to play. So far though i am loving the Warlock. Definately a unique sytle of caster. Since i have gotten skald to 50 two seperate times and warlock is new to me, thats probably making it a bit more interesting too. So i think the skald may become an alt later on and i'm focusing on the Warlock. I'll probably kick myself later for having a caster in RvR , but atm i'm having so much fun with him i dont care. 8)

The only real problem i have with warlock so far is , trying to pick a spec for him. The 2 most common i am seeing on forums are 4/20/50 and 12/30/43. (curse/witch/hex) The 12/30/43 is a possibility but i kinda came up with my own, It's 26/19/43. 26 in curse gets me a 202 bolt , 140 DD , and the 305 heal, 19 in witch gets me the 2nd chamber, 43 in Hexing gets me the 2nd best lifedrain. What do you guys think? Any of you ever played a warlock?

I dont really like the primers much. The range might come in handy once in a while but doesn't seem handy enough to put enough points in to get the decent ones. The uninteruptable one uses way to much power and i found out now that i have a chamber, i dont really need it at all. The powerless one isn't useful at all unless your using uninteruptable to drain all your power. The regular spells dont cost that much power.

My warlock's name is Senn and i have gotten him up to level 20. I wont be on tonight because i work 6pm-6am. I'll be on a lot Sat. and Sun. though.

I had a warlock for a while, played him to 39 and had some decent fun in the battle grounds.  I liked having 2 chambers where I would put a bolt/life tap and annihilate infiltrators... those sneaky bastards.  I also every once in a while would chamber a bolt/dot for added entertainment value.  I'd see a scout or an infil runnin away from people with little health left and he was actually gaining ground and looked like he was going to make it and then I'd come along.  Let loose the bolt/dot and wait a couple seconds and get the realm points.  Even if the bolt didn't kill the bastard the dot would do him in.  There's a certain reassurance you get knowing they've been tagged by a dot.

In the end I found I had more fun with my Runecarving runemaster.  The cast time was quick, I could double bolt people and at cap level not many people could stand up to the damage I was putting out.  If I was the last person to join the battle and people left my tiny kobold alone I'd start wrecking EVERYBODY.  The ground target area of affect spell is one of the greatest things ever.  I used to slide it under keep doors, place it on the other side of walls, make it explode 50 feet up in the air right next to the window of a keep for shits and giggles.

I have so many good memories from that game....

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

That's a very generous proposal you make.

DAoC is one of those MMOs that I've tried several times, and each time, just felt like I was missing something. The guilds I'd join seemed very "closed" to outsiders/new players and it was difficult to really find any sense of community, despite the number of people I'd see around.

"Water, water everywhere... and not a drop to drink" comes to mind.

That, and it seemed that when I'd ask a question in guild (politely... I'm not one of those people who says "how do I make money... this game is so dumb... lol...") I'd get responses that presumed I knew the game better than I did, using acronyms and DAoC jargon. Which is fine... it becomes second nature after a while. I would catch myself doing that with FFXI all the time with new players as well. Once when I said "Ahh... Sorry, I'm brand new and haven't quite gotten down the jargon yet, could you explain what that means?", someone replied "Then learn to play so you will". That got a few lol's from the other guild members (who hadn't offered any help of their own)... and that was it. The appropriate reply would have simply been one answering my question without the jargon... but I guess being an arrogant twit was the preferred way to go... at least in that guild. I'm sure not everyone is like that.

At that point, I said "screw this" and logged out.

So... I still haven't really been able to get into the game as much as I'd like.

Sooo... if I were to decide to check it out again.. I might like to take you up on that offer... if it still stands.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

Some of the guilds out there are full of tools.  They've started adopting the WoW mentality where insulting people is a run of the mill occurance.  It never was like this before.  I suggest that from now on if you need help with something, screw the guild and just use the /advice channel available to you.  It will reach out to a broader audience and most of them (usually) are veterans willing to help for the sake of helping rather then insulting and alienating.

I just think you joined the wrong kind of guild or perhaps figured that you should jump into any because they're few and far between..  I actually ended up staying in the starter guild with my warrior all the way to 50 because there was a constant influx of new people for me to try out my bad punns on and help them out with random questions and such.

• SelekSelek Member Posts: 236

Heya, your guild sounds like exactly what I've been looking for!

I've had a problem with the community on classic lately. I just hit 50 on my skald, whos wearing her epic armor and some pretty decent weapons/gear I got off the market. The last few nights I've tried to get groups I've been insulted and even kicked for simply wearing my epic armor! I'm RR2l2 and I chain solo reds/oranges all day, I don't think I'm that bad at all!

2 nights ago I joined up with the guild Lights of Valhalla.. After getting invited I said: Greeting all! Thanks for the invite :) Out of 17 members online, not one member said hello, welcome, or anything. Needless to say I left that guild...

I would really love a guild whos just friendly, accepting, helpful, and simply NICE. =P

Anyways, my name on classic/mid is Elendris. I'm happy to help out leveling up members and just plain hanging out. Looking forward to talking in game!

-Elendris Skald, and Hand of Bragi.

-Selek

Originally posted by Selek

Heya, your guild sounds like exactly what I've been looking for!
    I've had a problem with the community on classic lately. I just hit 50 on my skald, whos wearing her epic armor and some pretty decent weapons/gear I got off the market. The last few nights I've tried to get groups I've been insulted and even kicked for simply wearing my epic armor! I'm RR2l2 and I chain solo reds/oranges all day, I don't think I'm that bad at all!
    2 nights ago I joined up with the guild Lights of Valhalla.. After getting invited I said: Greeting all! Thanks for the invite :) Out of 17 members online, not one member said hello, welcome, or anything. Needless to say I left that guild...
    I would really love a guild whos just friendly, accepting, helpful, and simply NICE. =P
    Anyways, my name on classic/mid is Elendris. I'm happy to help out leveling up members and just plain hanging out. Looking forward to talking in game!
    -Elendris Skald, and Hand of Bragi.

I think this is the reason I'm losing interest in games as well...  Lack of NICE people or simply having them spread out so think that slogging thorough all the crap just to find them becomes so daunting and not worth the effort.

I think what you mention above will become harder and harder to find as time goes on until it reaches a cresting point and people realize what they're doing and stop being douche bags.  Whatever happened with just hanging out with people just because?  I tend to help out just about anybody and often find that they can't even be bothered with a simple thank you.

I have been having that problem for a long time. ( finding the nice people ) I originally started playing Mmorgs when EQ came out. About 2 yrs into the game i left because it lost that "magic" feeling it used to have. I went on to try many other games , trying to get it back. It took me a while to realize that it was never the game that changed, it was the people playing it.  They had become more arrogant and sour towards everyone. There are probably many reasons for this like getting trained , having items stolen (this happened a lot before bazaar in EQ), people kill stealing, people using exploits or hacks.

The main reason imo though is that people just got too competitive. Games became a race to see who could level the fastest and who could get the best items before anyone else. People expect everyone to be this way. They expect you to have all this great equipment, but no one is willing to help because they are too busy racing to get there own.  When you ask for a group or into a guild now, you are asked "what is your HP and AC "or "what is your DPS/Weapon" ect. . Personality has very little to do with it anymore. I've seen the meanest people stay in guilds just because they had top end equipment and nice people just thrown aside because they couldn't keep up with the power gamers. These games seem to be becoming more of a sport than a leisure social activity just for fun.

I myself am guilty of leveling racing and trying to keep up. Then i started to realized i had just spent 50$ for a game i got through in 3 weeks without actually experiencing most of the content.

I still find myself game jumping a bit. It's just now I know what i am looking for. I am looking for friendly people to play/adventure with. The majority of games out there all have their ups and downs but with the right people i could play any one of them. My favorites are still DaoC and EQ1 though.

I reopened my DaoC account a couple weeks ago and started on Midgard. I have yet to make even one friend. It's not that anyone has been mean, it's just no one is very social. My thane is up to 32. I have been trying to do my level 30 champion quest but it seems impossible to solo. With no friends or guild it is just impossible to do a lot of things in these games and it gets a bit disheartening.

I have been considering trying Hib or Albion instead but i played Hib for years and think i would burn out quick in that realm. Albion is the only realm i haven't really played much but thats because i dislike them. They always seemed to be overpowered. They had the best classes at launch and were over populated on every server. They also got all good expansion classes ,so did hibs. While Mid got completely screwed with lame classes. Their only good one was bonedancer which then got nerfed. 

Midgard seems to be the most unbalanced imo. They have good tanks and rogues but their casters seem to lack compared to the other 2 realms. Their healers are where they are really hurting though. All 3 of Mid's healers only get 1x skill points per level. Alb healers get a 1.5 and a 2.0 and hib gets two 1.5's. letting them spec max healing while still getting some offensive or utilitiy abilities. Giving all the best CC to one class in Mid was a really bad idea too . Especially since the Healer class is the hardest to level with no offense at all. Also having the fewest skill point they will lack healing ability most of the time to spec in Pacification.

Mid also lacks a decent farming class. Hib has Vamp , Alb has necro. They can kill constantly without ever having to rest if specced right. Mid has nothing like that , that i have found.

Ok sorry went off on a bit of a rant there. It just astonishes me that very little has changed in Midgard. They have been the lowest populated realm on almost every server since release for a very good reason. Yet nothing has ever been done about it. Classic is the only cluster where mid isn't getting the max bonus exp/loot ect . . Though last i checked Alb still has 5 relics.

Well now that i have gotten myself all worked up i think i'll log in and kill an Alb and hug a Hibbie and see which one calms me down first. ;)

I think the "e-sport" mentality is killing what these games used to be.  What I fear will happen in the end is that this genre will become what Diablo 2 is/was.  Eventually you'll just have a lobby "town" where you can parade your stuff so that others can see it and when you're feeling up to it talk to a NPC that will give you a list of available games or "rooms" where you can join other people and get your "epics".  What I just mentioned would satisfy just about all of the requirements the "e-sport" fanatics are wanting.

Regarding farming classes... When I played I guess bone dancers were not nerfed because they were chain pulling mobs all day long and made it to 50 in no time.  I used to do it on my warrior.  Get enough potions and a bit of endo regen and I could go for quite a while before I gas out and need to take a break.  Though usualy I'd get bored a lot sooner then that and just go RvR and kill people.

One of my buddies was playing it up untill about a month ago and he ended up stopping because of apparent hacking that was getting more and more noticable.  There are people flying around, or running super fast.  Some have even found a way to overbuff in some way to have all their stats cap out over 400 or something like that allowing them to take down a full group on their own.  I have not confirmed this but it's what he claims.  Regardless of the last one being true I know that there are radar hacks and people have been using the for quite some time.  Kind of gives the impression that Mythic really does not give a damn anymore.  Sad.  As it stands now I don't think DAoC will ever see me come back and I'm definitely not touching Warhammer.