Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QQ no Mobing QQ No Mobing,,,,, so whats the point of PvP then if you avoid fighting?

tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

Since everybody seem to try to avoid Mobing in AB, then whats the point of this PvP, if you're not going to FIGHT??????

IMO it seems a lot similar to WoW's EoTS and AB BattleGround games, but the Problem I have with it, is the fact

that the Zones are too large, and spread the combat interaction too thin.

Also the Mechanics behind the game-play, encourage players not get into PvP Combat.

Yet its out Largest form of PvP in the game. This need to adjusted and fixed.

I want Large Scale PvP, not Large Scale PvP avoidance.

If I wanted Large scale PvP Avoidance, I would hop on a PvE toon and run back and forth in a major city or something.

Comments

• skippzskippz Member Posts: 44

Well if you understood AB, maybe you'd actually enjoy it. I've stopped playing now but theres nothing worse than a bunch of tits running into a mob, if you can't see the logic of two zergs trying to kill each other than you need to do some serious thinking.....play HA, it's a bit of an avoidance at first, but you HAVE to attack. It's all about tactics.

Theres no doubt the game is one of the PvP experiences.

I like cookies.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

AB isn't exactly PvP, it's more like PvE but with more running and the addition of being forced to do your best to avoid PvP. The gimmick arenas, such as JQ, FA and AB are more about running around killing NPCs than it's about killing players. Whereas in the PvP arenas such as RA, TA, GvG and HA it's about killing the other team. Large scale PvP in Guild Wars doesn't really work due to the fact that game's PvP is really balanced around being max 8 people, after that that the damage, crowd control and defense becomes too big and ruins the experience really. The 8v8 arenas (HA and GvG) already got a power creep problem, what would then even bigger arenas have?

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210

Ah, now the source of your other posts are revealed...  your a WoW player looking for a free game rather than playing a monthly fee

Right, first off, apart from PK'ing, WoW had no real PvP type arena's until a year or so ago, and those "BattleGrounds" are a complete rip off of the PvP types of guild wars...   even using similar mechanics...

Now I'm not saying that is bad, WoW is an MMO and will use MMO generic architypes, my point is Guild wars is NOT a generic MMO, and Guild Wars 2 won't be either...   your ideas have no merit for Guild Wars 1 or 2, so just please stop

imageimage

• redOrcredOrc Member Posts: 100

The problem with mobing in GW is that the NPC AI is better than most human players.

So we only play PVP with a small number of people, that are smarter than NPCs.

I guess, you have to go back to WOW.... OR learn how to play the game.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Lol OP...what the? 

The point of Guild Wars PvP is player skill and the encouragement of proper team work. 10 players mobbing 2 other players doesn't involve either of those. You seem to lack a basic knowledge of the core game that Guild Wars is.

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210
    Originally posted by Lydon

Lol OP...what the? 

The point of Guild Wars PvP is player skill and the encouragement of proper team work. 10 players mobbing 2 other players doesn't involve either of those. You seem to lack a basic knowledge of the core game that Guild Wars is.

He wants WoW with no monthly fee

imageimage

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

one of the basic premise of GW PvP is Sportsmanship

in AB, people are usually divided into 3teams of 4
    its not very sportsman-like to have 2 teams gang up on 1 team

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• GennadiosGennadios Member Posts: 209

If you want full out combat go to RA (random arena) or find a decent PvP oriented guild for TA (Team Arena)

The whole point of AB is territory control, IE capturing and holding shrines. Because the NPCs defending the shrines can be taken out by a good 4 person team, it becomes much more efficient to split into groups so teams can capture or defend several shrines at once.

The times when a given side does mass into a mob, it's usually pathetically easy to dance around them. While they're snaking towards a single target 3 or 4 are being captured by the opposing team while a few groups sacrifice themselves to slow a mob down.

If you're dead set on large scale PvP, I'm sorry to say GW isn't the game for you. It's just not fun /w this system.

As Godliest alluded to, past the usual 8v8 setup, Monk coordination breaks down, high value targets die within seconds due to spikes from multiple sources, targets take valuable seconds to cycle through, conditions stack too fast to feasibly manage, etc.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

My favourite form of PvP is Fort Aspenwood. It's not high-end PvP, but I love having other objectives apart from                                   just eliminating the other team. In 99% of cases you will be forced to engage in battle with other players, so it's not like alliance battles where you can just avoid other people. The siege turtles make things interesting.