Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What server........ what class for a caster ?

ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

Going to play using a 14 day trial. I want to play a caster .Please suggest classes to consider and servers. My play style is solo and I will craft. Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• sortecsortec Member Posts: 17

If you solo, then you will probably want a necro or a conjurer (maybe an illusionist).  Since they have pets, you can let them do the work.

I play on najena server.  always chatter on the ooc channel and not so over populated where you have to compete for mobs.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Warlock works as well but conjurer or necro is a lot easier.

Reccomended server: Lucan D'lere. Friendly US RPG server (with a lot of EU and canadians on too).

• kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428

I guess it depends on your play style. One of the summoning classes might be good if you like pet classes. Wizards, or Warlocks might be good  if you like Nuking. Wizards are better single target nukers, and Warlocks are better AoE nukers. Warlock might be better for soloing, since you can take out many low level targets at once pretty effectively. Either may be tough to play at first, until you get use to the play style,  and both improve greatly at higher levels.  There are also the enchanter classes, both can solo, but I don't know if they would be the best choice if you only want to solo.  Coercers are most like the old EQ1 enchanter and can charm a pet. This can make soloing easier, but can also mean more deaths due to charm breaking at bad times. Some find Coercers dificult to play, but having played an Enchanter in EQ1,  i am use to the playstyle.  Illusionist have a pet that is a duplicate of themselves.  it is safer, but i don't know how good it is for soloing. Both classes can mez, which may help you survive in situations that may kill other classes, but then again, a warlock might just be able to kill them outright  and not have to worry about it. 

• NovaKayneNovaKayne Member Posts: 743

How is the low level population on the servers?  I know the game has had quite a few expensions since I last jumped in on it? 

Say hello, To the things you've left behind. They are more a part of your life now that you can't touch them.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

I would avoid the server Crushbone.  I've had toons on a couple different servers and made one a few weeks ago on Crushbone and the community seems truly terrible.  Level 1-9 chat is just constant flaming of people, talking about wow, or vulgarity of some sort.  Have never seen anything like it before and I've played on Everfrost and Permafrost with good results.