Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I pulled my EQ2 discs out.. put them away.. Then back and forth..

ExavusExavus Member Posts: 200

I'm installing now. I have a 28 Wood Elf conjuror on AB. I haven't played in a year or so. I hear having a good guild is one of the most important things in the game. Tips on finding a big guild where I can play with others? The community is wonderful I hear.

Current MMO: WoW/GW2

Comments

• NeoDrakeskinNeoDrakeskin Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by Exavus

I'm installing now. I have a 28 Wood Elf conjuror on AB. I haven't played in a year or so. I hear having a good guild is one of the most important things in the game. Tips on finding a big guild where I can play with others? The community is wonderful I hear.

Finding a good guild is the most important thing in any MMO. I suggest hitting the official forums and seeing who's recruiting. Do some grouping and make some friends and see where things lead. I've always joined guilds after making friends ingame so I at least know someone before going in, that way i don't feel like a total stranger.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Exavus

Tips on finding a big guild where I can play with others? The community is wonderful I hear.

EQ2 has a great ingame Guild recruit feature

- gives you specifics about the guild too, whether its family based, hard core raiding, casual raiding, etc

any guild that is level 30 or higher, will have the option to own a Guild Hall

the Guild Recruitment Tool

forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m

• IronacolyteIronacolyte Member UncommonPosts: 26

EQ2 has a great ingame Guild recruit feature
    - gives you specifics about the guild too, whether its family based, hard core raiding, casual raiding, etc

any guild that is level 30 or higher, will have the option to own a Guild Hall

the Guild Recruitment Tool
    forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m

This.

The reason I left EQ2 so long ago was I did not have a guild. To me, having a sense of community and a group of friends in an MMO is crucial to having fun. Otherwise it's just a single player game, no?

In Everquest 2, the Guild Recruitment utility helps to alleviate that.

Really a fantastic little tool. I was able to browse through different recruiting guilds to get an idea of what each guild had to offer. The recruitment tool also offers a point of contact, so when you are ready to speak to someone in that guild all you have to do is use the recruitment tool to contact a representative of that guild.

• edmonaledmonal Member Posts: 188

A good guild makes all the difference.  First thing you need to decide is what type of guild are you looking for? Do you want to be a hardcore raider, are you only going to play casually? Is tradeskilling important to you? So figure that out first and then start looking for a guild. The official forums aren't too bad for finding a guild.

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

A good guild is essential, the amount of times i've met jackasses and prayed to god that I wasn't in their guild, I think my guild is the only guild on AB that I haven't grown a disliking to :P

I use to be in a guild that would kick people for swearing, even if it was blocked by the chat filter. Don't rate the game til you've found a generous and kind guild.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428

There is a lot of good advise in this thread. i agree that getting into a good guild can make a big difference in you enjoyment of the game. There are people that broadcast in the 1-9 channel recruiting for their guild. Some provide details of what their guild is about and the type of people they are looking for. if you see one that appeals to you, you may want to check them out. Some, on the other hand, are obviously just recruiting anyone that responds. They are just looking for bodies.  You would probably do well to avoid those and look for a guild that appeals to your personality and play style.

Now, the in-game guild recruiting tool is a really nice feature.  Not all guilds use it though, but they should if the are serious about recruiting. For the guilds that use it, it provides information about the guild. What their goals and objectives are, whether they Role play, raid or are casual friendly, the type of people they are looking for, possibly links to their website, and most importantly the name of a guild recruiter to contact. Some guilds have many recruiters listed, and it shows which ones are online.