Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoC/WoW/DF

Hey all. I am 'supposed' to be playing Darkfall atm. That's gotten... I don't even know what to say about it. I'm not a troll - I practically cried when I was able to buy the game in the first wave ( thinking, finally, a game like UO etc). I played for a while, it was fun for a bit... but.. it's not going to happen. The sieges could be fun, in theory, but they won't be for long. Simply put, the games mechanics are okay, but the actual SKILLS in game are borked and not ready.It's interesting, high amount of skill in x or y will -not- make a significant difference. I don't think they meant to do that, but they just havent had the chance to adust things ( working on stability, etc) Some people have worked on high reg requirement stuff ( Air, Necro ) etc.. they are saying it's not even working.. the game has too many problems and it may work in the future, if it does, I may go back! Another issue is guild.. I'm in a guild with skilled players, but we are only around 20~ members. Compare that to other guilds who are overfilled ( and would/will dominate, I guess it makes sense, studying history/warfare #'s was a pretty good thing at times, but can be a burden after a while as I bet it will be - lol, nice ventrilo! )

WoW... been playing since the beginning, went for Glad ( loved it s2), raided MC, etc.. even played LK and cleared all content in every form ( I left for DF ), but I don't think I can do it anymore. I just can't! Especially playing a warrior for so long.. heroicstrike/mortalstrike/whirwind(I know it's diff as fury, etc ) but you get the point. Ulduar may be really good and I hope for Blizz' sake, it is. If I were to play during Ulduar, I'd need to play as something different then a warrior, and my guildies ( who are pretty close friends , I'd feel embarassed coming back for hyping up DF and taking the step to leave, it's a big deal IMO ) - Basically - im trying to avoid going back to WoW.

AoC.. I was there for the pvp weekend, beta, etc. I played during the first wave and have my collectors edition. I'm playing now, they definitely fixed a lot of bugs/smoothed some stuff out. I really hope the long-term/end-game is better then it was before, I never got to 80. I stopped at 68 ( when 68 was a big deal ) because I saw that there was simply nothing there.. I really hope it has quality raiding, im also a pvp fan, im pretty sure I'll be able to get a good of that. Im not trolling or flaming any of the above games, just sort of ranting and hoping AoC is good @ the end-game, cause atm, I really enjoy it. If AoC doesn't work I may just spend hours on my guitar and quit trying to find a good game. 4srs.

Comments

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

well a couple of things you can check out while playing AOC if you have no already done so. (minus spoilers)

Ymir's Pass:  a number of quests including a chain quest which leads you to ( and  is required to do in order to succeed completely in the dungeon) a place called amphitheatre.

Slaughter House: since being at lvl 68 and close to making 80, when Keshetta starts to get on your nerves, check out the slaughter house

Xibaluku: Another end level area dungeon , but is required to complete the slaughter house to gain access to this dungeon (and so far, the dungeon itself slightly changes in different situations , probably 2 to 4 different encounters, being you fight a different number of bosses depending on your actions,  how of course , that part idk. )

another end level dungeon that is coming in the near future will be the Tarantia Commons,

they are advertising it to be some kind of real time dungeon?? being that there will be two npc like factions, you choose a side and you run the quests. also the quests that you complete have a affect towards the zone/area/Commons that both you and all the players in the Commons will notice the changes. in turn, players that choose the opposing side will also have the ability to shift such changes to their allied factions favor ( my best guess, think of planetside if you played the game.)

• sarifsarif Member Posts: 2

seems interesting, did you play WoW at all?

• Deadman87Deadman87 Member Posts: 253

You should have waited until 1.5 before you came back imo. That level range you quit in has a bit of lacking quest content. Especially between 74-78 something.

My suggestion would be for you to roll a new character, and enjoy what's been added so far, until the next patch hits.

It is preferable not to travel with a dead man.

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Originally posted by sarif

seems interesting, did you play WoW at all?

only a 7 day trial account, which was many many years ago (late 2003 i think) went to planetside and NWN, never went back since.

• I've played WoW.  I don't need to compare and contrast unless someone really wants a list.  I have much more fun in AoC, and that's all that matters.  I can't play as much as I'd like... but I love anything that has to do with a group in AoC(I'm level 80)- instances, raids, PvP.  All of it is accessable, without an "elite" guild, yet with an active, social guild there is a lot for me to invest time into.  I've long thought it would have been even more fun levelling if I had done more (full) grouping and less soloing, and taken on the epic zones and dungeons, which in turn brings in a greater variety of gear, more environments, stories, visuals, quests, challenges and lore.

I can say, that for at the very least, for what content is there, it is quality.

• abalabal Member UncommonPosts: 169
    Originally posted by Beanpuie

Ymir's Pass:  a number of quests including a chain quest which leads you to ( and  is required to do in order to succeed completely in the dungeon) a place called amphitheatre.

Is this solo or group content? I'm now at Ymir's pass with my demo and would like to know if this is something I'm gonna be soloing or if I need to recruit some ppl in my guild to help me out.

Thanks

• AOC has a lot less content at endgame, and a lot less different things you can do.  I think the answer to your WOW problem is the same thing as you would experience very soon in AOC... 'roll an alt'.  If you are bored at endgame in WOW playing a warrior... AOC will satisfy you for a few months, but then you'll probably have to roll an alt here too.

But yeah, darkfall was a total waste.  I couldn't believe how bad the hacking/exploiting/macroing is.  I literally joined a big guild on the second day.. and the first thing they 'demanded' I do is kill some mob that was spawning and stuck in the terrain.  The entire guild was there killing that mob for over 2 days so they could get their city first.

• gothagotha Member UncommonPosts: 1,074

AOC is worth a shot especially if you are just starting out.  Will have alot to do. In theory there should be alot more end game with player cities,  dungeons, battlekeeps, that instanced shit but in the ends there turns out not that much.  The combat system is nice and i do enjoy it being active most of the time.  I am just not a fan of hot button combat.  I enjoy darkfalls left click and move around like a monkey system better just for the mear fact its more postion timing and spamming somewhat. But they have alot of kinks to iron out of that game.

They also have some fun classes to play.