Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

April Update

apacettijrapacettijr Member UncommonPosts: 46

Hey guys in case you haven't heard yet SE has put up the second part of the job updates here is the link.  http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/4299/detail.html

A little more info for those who are a fan of the MMM in the upcoming update.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/4321/detail.html

Comments

• ic0n67ic0n67 Member Posts: 776

only 1 problem ... no Meteor for BLM AGAIN

• apacettijrapacettijr Member UncommonPosts: 46

Was hoping to see something for BLM myslef but I am kind of disapointed in what RDM got after everything that WHM was updated with.  I guess time will tell you can't knock it until you try it I always say  :)

• tebiantebian Member Posts: 61

I cant wait for the whm updates. I finally had decided to take another job to 75 and that was the one. The new stories should be good too, I have always wanted to see the continue of the rank mission areas.

Nice sig both of you guys I feel left out lol.  WHM is my main also so I am excited myself.   I always jump around on jobs so much I get bored easily. 

Originally posted by apacettijr

Nice sig both of you guys I feel left out lol. 

Hmm ... guess it is about time to change it up for a bit ...

So... I am not really excited about the WHM updates. I have the job to 75 and only get it out for speical things. That being said I love it, but I just don't play it much. I think it is one part "I didn't have these abilities when I leveled" with a touch of "shit more spells to buy now ..." That and I don't have my meteor .... 5 years of updates you'd think I'd finally get my wish.

So ... anywho ... anyone with out a BLM avatar wanna post on the subject? Anyone? ... ... ... ... (maybe i'll change that up too)

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

I don't care to get Meteor because it would either be broken, or useless. No point in adding something pointless I say. The job updates look good. RDM got something even though they don't need anything. Some new stuff to mess around with in Campaign is always nice.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

Now that I think of it werent the tarus in the opening video to ffxi casting meteor?

More of a combination effort for a massive blizzard spell.

Originally posted by Satimasu

More of a combination effort for a massive blizzard spell.

idk ..... it looks kinda close ...

www.youtube.com/watch @ 2:40

You can actually see lightnign coming off of whatever it is @ 2:50 lower left hand side of the picture

And another thing to think about ... we didn't see turrets (seen ;2:20) until this update and the fact taht we didnt even know about Tavazia until early CoP ... just saying ...

Still looks like Blizzaga VI to me. A combined Meteor would have just ended the battle, that's all there is to it.

Don't get what you're saying about the turrets. They were in the past and we see them in the intro, which is in the past. Which is the place we go to through the maws to see the turrets. We also knew about Tavnazia from RoZ through Sandy rank missions and what really happened to it.

Hey, I'd love Meteor as much as the next BLM. It's just that it would be so powerful...

Originally posted by Satimasu

Still looks like Blizzaga VI to me. A combined Meteor would have just ended the battle, that's all there is to it.
    Don't get what you're saying about the turrets. They were in the past and we see them in the intro, which is in the past. Which is the place we go to through the maws to see the turrets. We also knew about Tavnazia from RoZ through Sandy rank missions and what really happened to it.
    Hey, I'd love Meteor as much as the next BLM. It's just that it would be so powerful...

I'm just saying there are things in the original opening video that have not be intorduced into the game until much later. If they even had a idea of turrets they didn't add them until now.

And you did find out of Tavnazia from teh Sandy Missions didn't you? Sorry I went through the Sandy missions in about a week and a half (I had 4 other people who were interested in getting rank 10 done quickly) I didn't spend much time absorbing that story line. And the reason there are no turrents is because "allegedly" they all blew up at the same time which separated Tavnazia from the rest of the continent.

Maybe Meteor is banned and that is why we don't have it? There is some precidence to suggest it. 1) You find out that grimoirs are deamed illegal by Jeuno after the misison for the Mortarboard which is why you don't have SCHs in the present. 2) Star Sybil outlawed the use of summoning magicks during the crystal wars which forced Karaha-Baruha into hiding only to emerge during the final battle for Jeuno where he summons the great wolf Fenrir to fight back the invading Yagudo armies. That is why there is no SMN to start with (i forget plot-wise why you are able to be a SMN actually) and why Fenrir is sealed in the Full Moon Fountain ... which oddly enough doesn't look like a fountain at all.

Maybe people did think the spell was too powerful so they outlawed the teaching of the spell to anyone else. Food for thought.