Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3d and MMOs

AcorniaAcornia Member UncommonPosts: 275

After watching the latest 3d movie in theaters, I was inpressed with the Reald 3d glasses that was used.

What I am wondering is how well a 3d system would work for on-line MMOs.

I can see some limited use of the glasses in non-3d games like WoW to darken the screen and bring out details of thier layer system they use to give depth to the screen.

Some of the problems I can think of that might prevent use of a 3d system in MMOs:

1. The cost of the licensing fees and followup fees for a game company to use such a system, and how well it would work with their game engine.

2. Use with standard TV and computer vidio/cpus or would we have to go out and build/buy all new systems.

3.  The amount of air way/internet bandwith that would be needed with some IPS now putting limits on the max amount of information you can use each month.

If anyone has more info/or ideas on 3d systems for that can be used for 3d MMOs using current TVs and computer systems I would like to hear about it.  Hoping that there might be a good on-line 3d MMO out there in five or six years.

Comments

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

No experiance with 3dVision from Nvidia myself, but it's intresting, might intrest you aswell see link.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/GeForce_3D_Vision_Main.html

It has a pretty big list of games that seem to work "excelent/good/fair", funny thing, at the bottom of the list the following:

Not Recommended Hyborian Adventures - Age of Conan

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918
    Originally posted by Reklaw

No experiance with 3dVision from Nvidia myself, but it's intresting, might intrest you aswell see link.
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/GeForce_3D_Vision_Main.html
    It has a pretty big list of games that seem to work "excelent/good/fair", funny thing, at the bottom of the list the following:
    Not Recommended Hyborian Adventures - Age of Conan

I noticed that too...it looks so lonely haha

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• lifesbrinklifesbrink Member UncommonPosts: 553

We just need to wait for the Matrix in games....

My blog is a continuing story of what MMO's should be like.

• onlineboxeronlineboxer Member Posts: 3

i've watched Matrix 3d movie, called "bolt". very interesting, but not as exciting as i expected to be. maybe this tech applied in the games will give ppl more fun.